The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

Thread Closed  Thread Closed
UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Lighthouse Postcards & Papers
  Cards Received - PC 10 - NO envelope 4/15 - 7/15/02

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Cards Received - PC 10 - NO envelope 4/15 - 7/15/02
Dave H
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 06:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Please use this thread to post comments on cards received in Post Card Exchange 10. This exchange is NO envelope, to be mailed April 15 to July 15. The original thread can be found here.

I would suggest that when you mail your cards you post a message so people know they are coming.

Dave

sanibel

posted 04-22-2002 10:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sanibel   Click Here to Email sanibel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Have you sent the confirmation with addresses yet? Just wondering.
Thanks

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-23-2002 12:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanibel,

That is the responsibility of tbare43 (Mark) the person who organized the exchange. You can email him at tbare43@yahoo.com . If he has not distributed the final list, I am sure he will very shortly.

Dave

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-23-2002 06:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My cards are ready to go. All I need is an address list to make it happen.

Bob

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 04-26-2002 09:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just printed out my list. My daughter and son in law picked up my postcards on their trip to the beach last weekend. I'm going to try to mail them from the city that the lighthouse is in so it may be a week or so before I get down there. This is really a fun project...thanks for putting it together Mark. Terry

mombo
Saint

posted 04-27-2002 04:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just a note. I've only been in Exchanges 7 & 9 previous to this one so if anyone winds up short a card for whatever reason or wants to get rid of a card from previous exchanges feel free to send me a "leftover". Doesn't matter to me.

mombo
Saint

posted 04-30-2002 10:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My cards for this exchange were mailed today!

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-02-2002 04:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sue, I received your card today. Such an isolated light. No wonder the wife went mad. Great card!

Thanks,

shirin

mombo
Saint

posted 05-02-2002 10:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sure would make a great HL, wouldn't it?

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-03-2002 04:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sue, your card made it to Texas today! You are right, it would make a great Harbour Lights. You can see it from the shore and they are very nice and have the telescopes for .25 right there for you. Terry

[This message has been edited by TexasLights (edited 05-03-2002).]

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-04-2002 04:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received my first postcard in the PE #10 from Mombo (Sue) of the Boon Island Light in Maine. Thanks for the historical note on the back of the PC. It might be a nice place to visit, but . . . . . .

JoanieO

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-06-2002 04:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This is so fun! Shirin, I got your card in the mail today. I haven't done any lighthousing in the Chesapeake Bay area. Your card with the lighthouse and skipjacks makes me want to go to Maryland and check them out. Terry

RFoster
Cruise Director

posted 05-06-2002 04:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RFoster   Click Here to Email RFoster     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I mailed my post cards out this morning for this exchange.

Boon Island, from Sue, arrived and I am looking forward to the rest. This is certainly a lot of fun and a great way to build up a decent collection from all over the country (and elsewhere).

Ron
(CT Keeper)

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-07-2002 03:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Re: post card ex #10

Shirin, received your postcard of Sandy Point Light in Baltimore, MD. Thanks.
JoanieO

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-08-2002 05:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I got Suzanne's card today. Door County looks like a very interesting place to visit. I'll have to put it on my list of places to go! Terry

mombo
Saint

posted 05-08-2002 09:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received Ron's card today, very nice historical card. Thanks!

mombo
Saint

posted 05-09-2002 08:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received 2 cards today. One from Suzanne who stole Jaker's lighthouse and a different but very interesting card from Sheryl but not sure if it's for this exchange or P.C. #9? Thank you both!

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-10-2002 12:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I got Ron's very cool card in the mail yesterday. Thanks, it will make a great addition to my postcard collection. Terry

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-10-2002 03:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I received Ron's card on Wednesday. I just haven't had email access until now since I've been in Georgia.

shirin

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 05-10-2002 07:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sue - I bought those Sherwood Point Lighthouse postcards before Jaker's lighthouse was announced, the extra postcard exchange gave me the chance to use them. Yes, I've had them that long.

Suzanne

DocJ44
WACKO

posted 05-10-2002 09:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DocJ44   Click Here to Email DocJ44     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
For some reason I was left out the loop for receiving an address list. I have been getting the cards for this exchange so you all must have my address. I have repeatedly emailed Mark requesting an address list for this exchange but 2 weeks later I still haven't had a response from him. Can someone please help me out here and forward me a copy of your list.

sunshine
WACKO

posted 05-11-2002 11:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Could someone also forward me the list of mailing addresses. I don't know if I received it or not before my computer went on the fritz. My cards are ready to mail except for the addresses.
Thanks.
Judy

mombo
Saint

posted 05-11-2002 10:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doc and Judy, just sent you both the list. Let me know if you don't get it.

Beaconfollower
WACKO

posted 05-12-2002 10:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Beaconfollower   Click Here to Email Beaconfollower     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Here's the count at my house for PE#10.
Thanks to you all great cards, JoanieO, Shirin, Mombo, Suzanne, and Ron.

Sheryl

beckitex
WACKO

posted 05-13-2002 03:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for beckitex   Click Here to Email beckitex     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I got my cards from Ron, Shirin, Suzanne and Sue (Mombo). Thanks! This is my first exchange, and I'm having so much fun seeing all these gorgeous lights. I bought mine this past week and am now filling them out. They should be in the mail soon...I'll let you know when they're ready.

-------Becki

sunshine
WACKO

posted 05-13-2002 10:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the list Sue! Now I'll be able to send my cards this week.

Also thanks for the cards I've received so far from this exchange, it's great to receive all of the different cards.

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-13-2002 12:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Suzanne, received your card while away. I was glad to return home for some lighthouse mail. Great card.

Thanks,
shirin

beckitex
WACKO

posted 05-13-2002 11:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for beckitex   Click Here to Email beckitex     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mine are in the mail.

--------Becki

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-14-2002 10:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received two nice postcards in the PE #10
Sherwood Point Lighthouse from Suzanne Murphy and Tybee Island Light Station from Ron
Thanks to you both.
JoanieO

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-14-2002 10:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received two nice postcards in the PE #10
Sherwood Point Lighthouse from Suzanne Murphy and Tybee Island Light Station from Ron
Thanks to you both.
JoanieO

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-15-2002 07:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Becki, great card from Texas! A friend of mine is headed down that way this next week. On her last trip down she brought back a little replica of this light for my desk at work.

Thanks!

shirin

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-17-2002 11:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Becki, received your nice postcard of Bolivar Light. I'm so glad that that was the one you chose for the PE. I saw it a few years ago when I was on the free ferry going to the main land from Crystal Beach. Didn't have time to get back to see it again because we were there for the funeral of my husband's brother. But I did find a HL Limited Edition and purchased it (and I wasn't really a "collector" at that time.
Thanks again. JoanieO

mombo
Saint

posted 05-18-2002 05:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received two very nice cards today, Bolivar from Becki and Grand Traverse from Judy M. Thanks to you both!

oseabee
WACKO

posted 05-18-2002 08:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Returned home from Nova Scotia on Thursday and found some cards in my mail waiting for me.so far I have rec'd cards from Ron Foster, Shirin,Bob Scroope,Suzanne Murphy and Mombo since I had not rec'd any names or adresses before leaving I could not mail my cards but will have them in the mail this coming week.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
WACKO

posted 05-20-2002 09:38 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Picked up my Saturday mail today came late on Saturday had a nice card from Becki LaPorte of point Bolivar.Thanks Becki.My cards will be in the mail by tomorrow.Bill O'Brien

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-20-2002 04:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received Judy's card from Michigan today. It's always nice to start off the week with some lighthouse mail!

Thanks Judy,

shirin

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-20-2002 04:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I got Becki's card of Bolivar last week. What a great card! Today I got Judy's card of Big Sable Point. That looks like a fun tower to climb. Terry

oseabee
WACKO

posted 05-20-2002 08:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Got a big sable from Judy Miller today thanks Judy.Bill O'Brien

pharologst
Cruise Director

posted 05-21-2002 12:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mine leave Murphy today !!

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 05-21-2002).]

sanibel

posted 05-21-2002 06:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sanibel   Click Here to Email sanibel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sorry to be so tardy. Have received all the wonderful cards sent thus far. It really is amazing how many lighthouse postcards there are out there. I still need to work on mine, but wanted to chime in that my mailbox has had a couple in it each day, so this has been lots of fun.

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-22-2002 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks Judy for the card of the North Manitou Shoals Light.(and the interesting note included.)
JoanieO

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-23-2002 03:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received Bill's card from Maine today. Yet another light on my "To See" list. Thanks Bill,

shirin

sunshine
WACKO

posted 05-23-2002 06:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi everyone,
My cards were mailed about 20 minutes ago. Hope you all enjoy.
Judy

oseabee
WACKO

posted 05-23-2002 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My cards went in at the P.O. yesterday hope you all get them OK.Bill O'Brien

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-23-2002 10:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Got your postcard today, Bill.
Thanks (Wood End Light House)
I have been trying to buy some light house post cards and there just aren't any in this area. I hope I have some luck soon.
JoanieO

chris g
WACKO

posted 05-24-2002 11:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for chris g   Click Here to Email chris g     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My postcards are going out in the mail today.
I hope that everyone enjoys the Ohio lights...

chris g

JoAnn
WACKO

posted 05-24-2002 04:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoAnn   Click Here to Email JoAnn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thanks to all for the great cards received!
Mailed mine today.
JoAnn

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-24-2002 07:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill, your card made it to Texas in record time. It was in todays mail. Thanks, I love Cape Elizabeth. I was there in February to take pictures with snow. Terry

oseabee
WACKO

posted 05-24-2002 10:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks Pharo for your n.c. lights card Bill O'Brien

mombo
Saint

posted 05-24-2002 10:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
After a few days of no cards today's mail brought two. Thanks to George for a real neat card of N.C. lights and to Bill for a very nice card of Castle Hill! Just have to get back to Newport!

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-24-2002 11:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks George, for the nice postcard of the North Carolina lighthouses (PE # 10)
It is a really neat card.

JoanieO

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 05-24-2002 11:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks George, for the nice postcard of the North Carolina lighthouses (PE # 10)

JoanieO

JoanieO
WACKO

JoanieO

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 05-25-2002 10:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the North Carolina lights card George. I have a card from the same artist for the Georgia lights.

shirin

Beaconfollower
WACKO

posted 05-25-2002 12:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Beaconfollower   Click Here to Email Beaconfollower     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Now that I have finally found my addresses, I will start sending out my cards Tuesday.
Patience please.

Sheryl

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 05-25-2002 03:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great North Carolina card from George. My son is stationed at Fort Bragg and I keep saying that I will go and see the NC lights while he is there. Terry

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers