The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

Thread Closed  Thread Closed
UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Lighthouse Postcards & Papers
  Our of the Envelope P.C . Exchange

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Our of the Envelope P.C . Exchange
tbare43

posted 03-25-2002 07:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hello Folks,
An Out of the Envelope Exchange. Running from April 1st to July 1st.
Limited to 50 people.

Send your Name, and Address to tbare43@yahoo.com. I will then forward the names list to all involved when we are filled up! Obviously Mine is #1

Look forward to getting your editions!
Mark+

tbare43

posted 03-26-2002 06:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ok Folks,
After some Gentle pokes with the hot cattle Prod.... and being reminded about 8 or nine times in email that perhaps 50 members of a post card exchange was a bit excessive... I have decided to pare it down to 30 members...
Spots #1 & #2 are spoken for.
We will Run it from April 15th to July 15th. So hop on in... and lets see what magic we can generate here. This is an Out of the Envelope Exchange.
P.S. My Apologies to any feathers I may have ruffled....
Mark Kelley
Grand Haven, MI.

pharologst
Cruise Director

posted 03-26-2002 06:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 03-26-2002).]

wheland
WACKO

posted 03-26-2002 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George,

I can't quite make out what type of bird that is.

Need a clue.

Dennis

tbare43

posted 03-26-2002 08:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yeah,
I was wondering the same thing... and even more mysterious.. What is the point?
Mark+

mombo
Saint

posted 03-26-2002 09:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark, I believe it's in reference to your "ruffled feathers". Once you get to know George a bit better you will understand his, and many of ours, twisted sense of humor!

Looks like a pelican to me? (This may be a new game - NTBG?)

pharologst
Cruise Director

posted 03-26-2002 11:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It was the only gif (pelican) I had with feathers in it!!!

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 03-26-2002).]

pharologst
Cruise Director

posted 03-27-2002 12:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
No it isn't! and all the feathers seem to be in place!

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 03-27-2002).]

wheland
WACKO

posted 03-27-2002 12:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George,

It's a good thing those "flying" animals aren't real or they would get awful tired of flapping their wings.

Dennis

chris g
WACKO

posted 03-27-2002 01:18 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for chris g   Click Here to Email chris g     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in too!

chris g

tbare43

posted 03-27-2002 07:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris,

Count me in too!

OK, Go ahead and send me your snail mail addy and I'll add you to the growing list!

Mark+

chris g
[/QUOTE]

RFoster
Cruise Director

posted 03-27-2002 09:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for RFoster   Click Here to Email RFoster     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'd like to be in this exchange also.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

sunshine
WACKO

posted 03-27-2002 10:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in! I stocked up on postcards while on vacation.

Judy

Bob M
Saint

posted 03-27-2002 04:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Put me on the list! I don't think I've missed one yet!

I'll email you my name and address.

Bob

Lorie Roe
WACKO

posted 03-27-2002 11:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lorie Roe   Click Here to Email Lorie Roe     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Add me to the exchange list Mark. Will this be exchange #10? I'm trying to keep them all straight!

Mark...is it possible to close out the exchange with 25 people? I have been used to buying 25 post cards at a time and I only have 25 right now. It takes me a little planning to get post cards ahead of time.

[This message has been edited by Lorie Roe (edited 03-27-2002).]

tbare43

posted 03-28-2002 08:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Add me to the exchange list Mark. Will this be exchange #10? I'm trying to keep them all straight!

yeah, I guess technically it is Exchange #10. Although I am not sure of the rules used to number these things..

Mark...is it possible to close out the exchange with 25 people? I have been used to buying 25 post cards at a time and I only have 25 right now. It takes me a little planning to get post cards ahead of time.

Well anything is possible!... What say folks? Shall we leave it as is? Or close it out at 25? Majority Rule....
Mark+

P.S. Go ahead and send over your snail mail addy to me and I'll add you... Position #8 will be yours...

Mark+

Bob M
Saint

posted 03-28-2002 08:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The first nine exchanges were all twenty-five people. Sometimes that included Harbour Lights and sometimes they were #26. Keeping the size of the group at 25 is a good idea.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Bob

Tom and Joyce Abbott
WACKO

posted 03-28-2002 08:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tom and Joyce Abbott   Click Here to Email Tom and Joyce Abbott     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark, add us to the list. Will send e-mail with address.

We suggest limiting the exchange to 25.

------------------
Tom & Joyce

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 03-28-2002 12:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postcard 10 no envelope
I'm in number 8
Bob

64 - 3 jr proms/baseball

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 03-28-2002).]

pharologst
Cruise Director

posted 03-28-2002 03:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm in as #9.

Dave H
Saint

posted 03-28-2002 04:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Every postcard exchange so far has been 25 PLUS Harbour Lights. Some of the recent ones have also included Connie Small in recognition of all she has done for lighthouses and their history. The Youngers and Mrs. Small are not expected to send cards, they only receive them.

Dave
Patron Saint of the Postcard Exchanges

JoanieO
WACKO

posted 03-28-2002 08:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoanieO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POST CARD EXCHANGE # 10
(No envelope)
Count me in as #10

JoanieO

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 03-28-2002 09:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think 25 would be a better number too. Most people probably have been purchasing 25 cards at a time, plus maybe a few extras for Connie Small, the Youngers, and themselves. 30 makes it difficult for those of us who have already purchased cards expecting 25 people.

Tom and Joyce Abbott
WACKO

posted 03-28-2002 09:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tom and Joyce Abbott   Click Here to Email Tom and Joyce Abbott     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark, I thought Lorie was #8 and we were #9. Somehow we were skipped in the numbering sequence.
We'll be #11.

PE #10, No envelope.

------------------
Tom & Joyce

Lorie Roe
WACKO

posted 03-28-2002 10:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lorie Roe   Click Here to Email Lorie Roe     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whatever my number is, count me in. (I guess that makes me #12.)

[This message has been edited by Lorie Roe (edited 03-28-2002).]

wheland
WACKO

posted 03-28-2002 11:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I thought Wackos were flexible.

Don't like change, huh?

Dennis

beckitex
WACKO

posted 03-29-2002 10:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for beckitex   Click Here to Email beckitex     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in, too. I'll email you my info. Am I "lucky" #13?

-------Becki

Laurie

posted 03-29-2002 10:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Laurie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I saw a great card in the drugstore the other day, so I'll join up as #14. Hope it's still there when I get around to getting it

Beaconfollower
WACKO

posted 03-30-2002 11:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Beaconfollower   Click Here to Email Beaconfollower     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in #15

Sheryl

tbare43

posted 03-31-2002 08:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you want in go ahead and email me...
tbare43@yahoo.com
I have to update the list and see how many we have... got a couple of more overnight... So stay tuned..
Mark+

BTW, if anyone uses Yahoo Instant Messenger, tbare43 is also my yahoo IM name, and it is usually up and running when I am moving about here on the net.. Say Hi...

tbare43

posted 03-31-2002 08:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Here is the list of names I have that have sent me emails with their addresses....

Neverfifty
BeckiTex
jrlor01
JOllet
Judy
JEAbbott

tbare43

posted 03-31-2002 09:01 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Here is the list of those who have sent me an email with their home addresses...

1. Mark Kelley
2. Chris Grass
3. Judy Miller
4. Ronald Foster
5. Judy Rath
6. Bob McKeon
7. Tom and Joyce Abbott
8. George B Hood
9. Joan Ouellett
10. Lorie Roe
11. Becki LaPorte
12. Sheryl Iovanna

This is it so far..... WE close the list out as soon as we get 25... and we'll have 90 days to get them all out to those on the list...
Thanks,
Mark+

sweetpshirin
Cruise Director

posted 03-31-2002 09:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I also sent in my address. I hope you still have me on the list. I'll resend my info just in case.

shirin

JoAnn
WACKO

posted 03-31-2002 02:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoAnn   Click Here to Email JoAnn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in-whatever number that is!
JoAnn

RoyMcB
WACKO

posted 04-01-2002 12:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for RoyMcB   Click Here to Email RoyMcB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy and I would love to join this exchange. I know we owe postcards from a previous exchange, and we are still going to send those. This was a tough winter for us but things are looking good for this spring. We hope you will give us a second chance. We have really missed finding something fun in the mailbox. Please count us in, whatever number we are. Thank you.

------------------
Roy & Carolyn

oseabee
WACKO

posted 04-01-2002 01:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Put me on the list also I still have a bunch of cards left.Bill obrien

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 04-01-2002 02:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Please count me in if you still have space.

Terry

tbare43

posted 04-02-2002 06:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Folks there are still some spots open for Exchange #10. I think we are up to 18... but don't hold me to that number...
Mark+

So just send in your email addresses and lets fill this one up..

sanibel

posted 04-05-2002 11:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sanibel   Click Here to Email sanibel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ok, I am a bit confused. Is this going to be Exchange #10?
I am already a part of P.C. Exchange #9 which is also out of envelope, running the same time period.
I am interested in participating in more exchanges, but just want to make sure I understand what I have signed up for.
I'll e-mail you my name and address. I don't know which number this makes me, but count me in.
Thanks and don't forget to add Harbour Lights to your master list.

DocJ44
WACKO

posted 04-06-2002 09:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DocJ44   Click Here to Email DocJ44     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll sign up for this one. I think we should formally label this one "Postcard exchange #10 (No envelope)" to avoid any potential confusion.

PCE#7 (No envelope) just ended 3/31
PCE#8 (In envelope) ends this month on 4/30
PCE#9 (No envelope) just started 4/1 and runs through 7/31
PCE#10 (this one also without envelope) will run 4/15 through 7/15

[This message has been edited by DocJ44 (edited 04-06-2002).]

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-06-2002 09:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks, Doc! A clarification was definitely needed. I had almost forgotten PC#7 until I was reminded. All my cards have been sent for all the exchanges, and my cards for PC#10 will go out once the list is finalized.

Note: the Anchor Bay Postcard Exchange #9 contest just began and it's not too late to participate. Go to the Anchor Bay thread for details how to participate.

Bob

tbare43

posted 04-07-2002 07:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hello Folks,
Just to let everyone know... We are down to 3 spots left open for PC#10!!.. I have 3 spots left open now.
Thanks to all who joined in!!...
I'll be emailing the list out shortly as soon as the list is filled..
Mark

LADYBUG
WACKO

posted 04-12-2002 12:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LADYBUG   Click Here to Email LADYBUG     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If there is still room, I'd like to join this exchange.

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 04-13-2002 08:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll join. I had to check my postcard supply.

Suzanne Murphy

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-15-2002 10:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That should about fill this exchange. If you have not sent Mark your address, please do so ASAP so he can finalize the mailing list and you all can start. Be sure to include your Forum name when you send him your address.

Dave

tbare43

posted 04-20-2002 12:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I need the following persons EMAIL addresses so that I can email out the confirmation list for those participating in PCE#10.

John Young
Laurie Morone
Carolyn & Roy McBee

Once I have those email addresses and can send out the confirmation email. Then I will Close this exchange.
Thanks,
Mark+

mombo
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 04:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Is there room for one more here Mark? After you said there were 3 spots left only 2 more signed on. (Oops, no I see there isn't. Had to combine this thread with the one that was closed that said 2 spots left!) Have fun.

[This message has been edited by mombo (edited 04-20-2002).]

tbare43

posted 04-20-2002 08:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yes,
I have one open spot here in this PCE.
Any Volunteers??
Mark+

mombo
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 09:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sure, I'll take it Mark, thanks!

tbare43

posted 04-21-2002 10:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OK MOMBO,
You got Spot#25, Send me your Snail Mail address. This PCE#10 is now Officially Closed at 25, + 1 Card for Bill & Nancy Younger.
Thanks to Everyone who joined in!... I'll be emailing out the address list for confirmation as soon as I get MOMBO's email with his address.
Mark+

mombo
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 10:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Have you checked your email Mark, I sent it last night.

tbare43

posted 04-21-2002 01:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tbare43   Click Here to Email tbare43     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMBO,
Nope, it never made it.. send it again.
tbare43@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Mark+

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers