Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Education needed. #19553 03/08/99 02:08 AM
S
SCombs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am just getting the hang of this Harbour Lights stuff and having a wonderful time learning as I go. I have been reading the forum with great interest, but now a new person has joined the cast. I understand the Bill and Nancy Younger players, but who's Bob Younger?

Re: Education needed. #19554 03/08/99 03:00 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Ah, Bob... Great designer and innovator of trees and bushes found on Harbour Lights Lighthouse models.

President of Arbor Vitae. Near twin of brother Bill, even with a few years between them.

You can learn about the impact of Bob's recent death in a motorcycle accident (well, some may say it wasn't an accident, but an intentional act of a group of angry beavers).

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum10/HTML/000013.html

Re: Education needed. #19555 03/08/99 03:28 AM
Art Offline
Hi SCombs,

I assume that you have already seen this thread:

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000243.html

It was probably this that prompted you to write here. If you haven't read it (including the links), please do so. It is to my knowledge the greatest collection of Bob Younger (mis)information ever assembled in the history of mankind.

The e-Bay incident referred to was where some misinformed, ignorant or just careless seller had listed a piece as being (and I paraphrase here...can't quote exactly):

"Signed by Harbour Lights Founder, Artist and Owner, Bob Younger"

Of course, the seller meant Bill Younger.

As I recall, several of us had noticed the e-Bay error and had a good time with it at one of the chats.

Some time earlier there had been an incident with misrouted phone calls prior to the last Reunion. The guy getting the calls at his home got tired of them and apparently began telling folks the fabricated story that the Reunion had been cancelled because Bill Younger was killed in a motorcycle accident.

Shortly after the e-Bay incident, Tim the Fog Signal Building Dweller posted a press release in jest that combined these two incidents. The legend has grown since, and we've all had a great deal of fun with it. Enjoy!

I appologize in advance to everyone involved in the evolution of the Legend of Bob Y. in case I messed up any of this. It is all just my fuzzy recollection.

-Art

-Art
Re: Education needed. #19556 03/08/99 04:51 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
A new snippet of BoB lore recently surfaced, as relayed by Yorba Blanco resident's. Buried in the thread at:
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000247.html

A moonless night, a faint yip, a leafless maple, not exactly the legend of Sleepy Hollow, ... but the fact remains, no one has seen Ernesto Suarez lately.

Rgds,
The Maltese Flattail

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,740 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users