The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Lighthouse Humor
  Bob Younger we hardly knew ye

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bob Younger we hardly knew ye
JTimothyA
Saint

posted 12-12-1998 01:38 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tragedy Strikes!

Bob Younger dies in freak motorcycle accident.

Collectors Mourn. Market Soars.

Yorba Blanco, CA (PFNW) - Bob Younger died early Saturday morning in a freak highway accident when the motorcycle he was riding apparently skidded out of control. According to rescue workers, it appeared Younger was thrown from the motorcycle and struck a tree. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Investigating Officer Spencer of the California Highway Patrol stated he found skid marks suggesting the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed.

According to Patrolman Collins, also of the CHP, "this road is sparsely traveled at 4:00AM, however the accident site is near a well known beaver crossing, and it is that time of the year. But we may never know what really happened." Local sharecropper Ernesto 'Weedfree' Saurez told reporters "I've been out here since '68 but the last few weeks ain't nothing like I've seen. At times the road she is just thick with 'em." The accident remains under investigation by local authorities.

Bob Younger, a highly respected artist and inventor, was reportedly the driving genius behind the current craze of placing life-like trees on miniature lighthouse models. Younger was the founder and CEO of "Arbor Vites" a supplier of tree prototypes and castings to the lighthouse modeling firm Younger and Associates owned by his older brother Bill Younger. Bill Younger, currently in the Central American jungle searching for the Lost Lighthouses of the Mayans, was unavailable for comment.

A recluse most of his life, Bob Younger was last seen in public at a lighthouse model signing event in upstate New York. His wife Felicity told reporters "It was Bob's tree on the Fort Niagra piece that propelled the lighthouse model market to the forefront of cottage collectibles. He was really proud of that tree. Plaster cast trees were Bob's passion."

Younger and Associates would not speak directly to the press but issued the following statement: "This is a sad day and Bob will be missed. There is no truth to the rumor that Bob and Bill had a falling out over our recent decision to replace his design for a leafless tree cast in platinum with a cheaper design made in Taiwan. Most folks have a few skeletons in their family closet, and frankly we can use the space. Keep the flame."

From the steps of his doublewide in the Harbor Lights Retirement Village, collecting guru and cyber-maven John Chidester reflected on Bob's legacy - "Bob was truly remarkable, his wick could burn all night on just two quarts. He was always asking me to send him wierd sticks and leaves from my business trips. Modern day collectors don't realize it was his Hilton Head palm that breathed life and authenticity into the entire Southern Belle collection. Our minds are eased knowing Bob is now in a better place - a place where there are no helmet laws."

In the pre-dawn hours news of Bob's accident swept through the lighthouse model market place like spilt linseed oil. "The light house model futures market is going crazy" exclaimed a New Jersey broker who wished to remain anonymous. "Share price on rare Bob Younger autographed models have jumped 131½ points in the past hour alone and its been like that since the opening bell. Not many know that Bob was unlike other 'artistes' - he wouldn't sign just anything - only those models that had his trees. If you don't own a piece of a Bob autographed model you better get in now, we think this market has legs."

In related news, the Indianapolis megafirm of Brady Inc. this morning announced a new line of Bob Younger Memorial Signature Cabinets. The first model in this series will resemble a hollowed-out log designed specifically to house a single Bob Younger piece. In a phone interview, CEO Paul Brady told reporters "It looks just like a normal log, but its hermetically sealed, uses three panes of glass filled with low-e argon gas, and comes with a timer and a remote control. We think Bob would be pround, its his kind of log. Remember if its a not a Brady, its not well lit".

Bob Younger is survived by his wife Felicity and the couple's daughter Ashley and son Birch. A private Memorial Service is scheduled for Wednesday when Bob Younger's ashes will be sprinkled over the grounds of the Yorba Blanco lighthouse and a shrub will be planted to his memory. Collectors are requested to send donations to Bob's favorite charity, the "Sap the Maples Treebank Foundation" headquartered in Klangstown, Vermont.

(c) Planet Fresnel News Wire

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 04-06-99).]

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-1998 05:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I had only recently met Bob Younger at a signing event. And I can honestly say he was a dedicated artist, a warm and generous man who was very proud of his trees. He told the crowd that had traveled to see him of some of his personal highs and even some of the low points. He had started out placing the trees against buildings for stability and then after years of devolopment he was finaly able to bring the stand alone tree in the modern era of lighthouse sculpting, he told a mesmerized crowd of his favorite tree- the Palm tree on Sanibel and New Point Loma. He went on to share a very low point in his tree crafting career- The tree on Old Field Point, This had haunted him for months and he was very exicted about the just released Dunkirk he thought the "new" look would cataplut him back to the top of his field. Bob was also credited with puting the lamppost on the Hilton Head GLOW.
Coquille for GLOW in 99 ! Coquille for GLOW
I am glad I had the chance to meet Bob and I will treasure his memory. Bob much like one of his very own trees, was cut down in his prime. He will be missed.
With my deepest sympathys to the family
Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 03-30-99).]

JimJohnson
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-1998 11:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JimJohnson   Click Here to Email JimJohnson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Do you guys ever sleep?

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-12-1998 12:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I feel obligated to add a few words to the Planet Fresnel's copyrighted story on the untimely death of Bob Younger.

First a clarification. I was misquoted. I did NOT say "..his wick could burn all night on just two quarts." I said "..Bob was a hard worker, often burning his candle at both ends..." a reference to the long hours he put in when under a tight deadline from Younger & Associates to come up with a new tree design.

Bob and Bill, while 3 years apart in age were remarkably similar in appearance. In fact, there were times when Bob would 'fill in' for Bill at a signing. Bob wasn't as familiar with the lighthouses by Harbour Lights as Bill is, of course. Sure Bob could wax eloquently about trees and even shrubs on the various models, but when a collector would ask him where the seahorse was, Bob would invariable say "Seahorse? What seahorse?". That's about the only way you can really know if it was the real Bill Younger or his older brother Bob.

[Few know that the reason the signature 'B.Younger' was used in signing Harbour Lights by BOTH Bill and Bob was so that both were legally correct.]

Bob was scheduled to attend the 1998 Collectors Reunion at the special request of Bill and the rest of the Younger family. The family was hoping that the two brothers could reconcile and they were hoping that Bill could tour on the Vista Jubilee in the morning and on the buses in the afternoon with Bob covering the buses in the morning and the Vista Jubilee in the afternoon. (Or vice-versa.)

However, Bob was reluctant, fearing that somewhere - perhaps at the Newport Yachting Center where the two groups switched modes of transportation - the two brothers would be seen together. Bob was a fan of the TV show "Sliders" and of the "Back to the Future" movies. He feared that if someone saw the two brothers together some sort of time-warp might occur and he didn't want to be responsible for the consequences to the space-time continuum.

I know he was depressed over the Old Field Point tree incident and his mental state might have somehow contributed to his death. Bob wasn't the kind of guy who would normally be riding his motorcyle at 4:00 am, but the 'felling' of his latest and greatest "Arbor Vite" kept him awake at night.

That his death should be caused by beavers felling trees across the road is, of course, the height of irony.

With sincere condolences to all the Youngers and Harbour Lights' collectors who love those trees,

John [From the steps of my double-wide]

Kat
WACKO

posted 12-12-1998 10:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kat   Click Here to Email Kat     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim, Mark, John....you guys have outdone yourselves this time!! Your respect and words of devotion to the late, great, Bob Younger is well......a piece of work!!

Daisys Mom

posted 12-13-1998 12:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daisys Mom   Click Here to Email Daisys Mom     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Say, wasn't it Bob that said "No Coquille GLOW"? Since he wasn't an authorized HL spokesperson...

Augie Fresnal
unregistered

posted 12-13-1998 02:18 AM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I was also devastated when I heard the news, Bob and I were close friends. I don't know how this happened but I can tell you Bob was an experienced rider, we had been riding together for over 20 years now. Many of the players from the Fighting Lightkeepers knew him from the ballpark, all thought not officaly on the club's staff he spent plenty of time helping out the young ball players as a batting coach. With Bob's wealth of knowledge with wood and trees, he could read the grain of a bat like the no one else and find the sweet spot on the bat with just one look. Well Bob always said that when he went he wanted "his Harley go with him" and that the road to heaven started in Milwaukee where his hog was built.

Bob was also the person who talked Kim into producing the black suede jackets, now Bob is truly a "Harbour Lights Angel"

God bless ya Bob, keep it in the center lane

Augie

[This message has been edited by Augie Fresnal (edited 12-13-98).]

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 12-14-1998 10:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I too would like to voice my heart felt condolences to the Younger family.

At last years Arbor Day ceremony, Bob had promised to give me a ride on the back of his Harley when the next biker run came through Ohio. I eagerly purchased the HL suede jacket and a wallet with a chain specifically for that occasion, and am sorrowed that it will now never occur.

As noted above, I too realized the Old Field Point tree controversy was lurking heavily in the back of his mind. I have also learned recently from inside sources that the decision to table the Coquille GLOW was really the last straw. Bob had spent a tremendous amount of time designing the wonderful logs and twigs throughout the sculpture's base. He was concerned that his design had appeared to be "too organized", and was continually revising the layout for a "natural" appearence. He was also very persistant in convincing Bill & Kim to place a small beaver inside one of the hollowed out logs, but to no avail. He had sincerely hoped the 2 sculptures would catapult him to the National Plaster Tree Sculptures Union "Artist of the Year" award...the subsequent decisions must have been devastating.

Looking back, I now believe Bill's enthusiastic announcement of the GLOW at the reunion, complete with all the wonderful logs and twigs was meant as an "olive branch" gesture to Bob. It is a shame that the later announcement to table the idea may have contributed to Bob's cloudy state of mind, resulting in the accident.

Lets all pray that the little beaver will show up in a future sculpture as a small tribute to Bob's incredible work. Next years "Bobfest" in Colorado will pay a small tribute to Mr. Younger with a minute of silence followed by the falling of a large Aspen tree, with subsequent bonfire and beaver roast.

...Long live the memory of Bob

-RodW[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 04-13-99).]

FredKuhl
Cruise Director

posted 02-11-1999 05:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for FredKuhl   Click Here to Email FredKuhl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I didn't know Bob personally. But I mourned his untimely demise with the surviving Younger family. However, current events make me wonder if I didn't really know him.

As you all know, I would alert you to upcoming new releases, because Bill would deliver them personally on his Harley. At least, I thought it was Bill. Now I am not so sure. I haven't had a delivery since Bob's unfortunate accident. It was also on one of those deliveries that Bill/Bob signed some of my styrofoam packing peanuts from the original 17.

Realizing how much Bob and Bill looked alike, Those of you out there that knew him. Is it possible that it was Bob that was making those deliveries right along? Also would my signed peanuts have more value if they were actually signed by Bob?

Lost in the California fog
The Ancient mariner

Al and Kathy
WACKO

posted 04-13-1999 10:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Al and Kathy   Click Here to Email Al and Kathy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OK, so I'm new and I'm late. I just read (with proper respect) the news about Bill's brother Bob. The original description and the messages following supply a great deal of insight into this apparently odd if not strained sibling relationship. However, there are a couple of issues outstanding. In the "original" report, Bill is the older Younger, and in John's message, Bill is the younger Younger. So... which Younger is older, or which is the younger Younger?

Also, there is no mention of the fate of the beaver(s) involved in the unfortunate accident. I would think that any direct conflict between the common Harley Hog and a beaver would certainly result in the beaver's losing its third dimension.

Points that make you go, "Hmmmm..."

Al

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 04-14-1999 12:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thank you for your inquiry:

1) At the time of his demise BoB was - and shall forever remain - the younger Younger.

2) According to Dr. Frosty Sherman, head keeper at the San Diego Zoo's Rodentarium: "Unlike Castor fiber our New World congener is a purty tough critter - and smart too, at least as smart as a Dachshund. Get enough 'em together at the right time of year and anything could happen. Beavers - they're somethin."

Dr. Sherman referred us to his seminal work PULP! Requiem to the No. American Flat-tail. A portion of this treatise involved capturing on tape segments of the tribal legends sung by the Albertan Athapaskan people, and handed down from generation to generation. Aided by 81 year old cleric Fr. Jean LeBomarte, Sherman was able to piece together a remarkable history of 'the people who dwelt with Beavers'.

One 'legend' is particularly telling - roughly translated from the French Canadian it goes like this:

These tails are made for flappin
And thats just what they'll do.
One o these days these tails will
Flap all over you.

Guess BoB just picked the wrong night to go out ridin'.

Rgds,
Yr. Editor, Planet Fresnal News Wire[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 04-14-99).]

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-14-1999 08:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
So... which Younger is older, or which is the younger Younger?

The Youngers are all youngers. Hard to fathom, but true.

Well that was my fault. In the emotion that followed the news of Bob's demise (sounds so much better than death), I tried to call Harbour Lights to confirm the situation. Unfortunately, all the incoming telephone lines were busy and PacBell accidently 'rolled over' my call into the telephone number of someone's residence.

I knew I had heard the voice before, but couldn't exactly place it until he slammed the phone down. I can't repeat exactly what he said when I asked "Is it true that 'B. Younger' is dead?"

The gist of what he said was "It's deja vue all over again!" and then let out a cry of anguish and hung up.

The dust has settled a bit since the inventor and artist, Bob Younger passed on 4+ months ago, it appears that Harbour Lights is considering doing something special in Bob's memory, perhaps in 1999.

John

Al and Kathy
WACKO

posted 04-14-1999 10:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Al and Kathy   Click Here to Email Al and Kathy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm not sure about this, but I believe there have been many renditions of the songs and chants of the 'People who live with beavers.' Some of the better known include the famous tune made famous by Peggy Lee, entitled simply, "Beaver". Beaver in the morning, beaver all through the night, etc. Another was the Nancy Sinatra classic which begins, "I got married to a beaver, hotter than a pepper sprout," and then degenerates from there.

The good news is although these ancient people lived with beaver, there is no factual evidence that they danced with beaver (much to the relief of Kevin Costner).

None of which means a whit, except possibly to underscore the devious nature of the beast. What other rodent has had such an effect on the mores of an otherwise superior species?

Anyway, thanks for the info, belated respects to Bob's family, and ta-ta for now.

Al

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 04-14-1999 11:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
>>Unfortunately, all the incoming telephone lines were busy and PacBell accidently 'rolled over' my call into the telephone number of someone's residence. <<

Its inevitable the public would eventually start piecing together the thinly veiled puzzle in our original article about The Tragedy. While PFNW sources must of course remain nameless, someday, someone will inevitably unearth the 'lost' police report filed on that dark morning by CHP Officers Cheryl Spencer & Seve Collins. Shortly after the incident, both officers left the force on the same day, reputedly for 'personal reasons'.

PFNW has learned this lost report may reveal the phone number to which PacBell 'accidently' switched your call actually belongs to none other than the estranged husband of Patrolman Collin's sister. You may have already guessed by now - her last name is Suarez. In a copyrighted story we chose not to print, through a trace of tax records PFNW learned there is a large plaster fabrication plant located on the Yucatan peninsula owned by one Pepe Suarez. This is the same Yucatan peninsula where Bill Younger was searching for The Lost Lighthouses of the Mayans at the time of BoB's undoing.

There is definitely more to this story, but the time is not yet ripe to reveal all.

Rgds,
Editor, PFNW

Jake
Cruise Director

posted 04-17-1999 03:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jake   Click Here to Email Jake     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
During research for my biography of BoB, I started to look into Partolman Collins. I am summarizing my findings in this unconfirmed report. Apparently, her sister, visiting from Mexico, was out driving about that night, on the same road of BoB's demise.
Also, Highway Patrol records show a carjacking at a rest stop. Sis Collins seems to have visited there.
The truck and carjacker, carrying the Old Field Point leafless trees from Y&A, After seeing Bob get on his Harley at a small roadside diner, and Sis, starting to work her devious (and quite competitive) mind. As she neared the beaver crossing, she stopped, got out, and sprinkled about 100 to 130 (give or take a few) trees on the road. An unsuspecting BoB, riding around the same corner, came upon the trees and ran over them, blowing out his tires. He subsequently crashed as a result.
A few days after the crash, a man named Sean Thomson took his pet beaver to visit his (the beaver's) family. Apparently, at the same time, the beaver's parent's neighbors ( the Pack Rats) were over, showing off their newest treasure, small snow-covered pewter trees, or so the Sean's beaver told others later.
So, was Bob's death a sinister plot by Sis to set back Y&A's rapid advancements and innovations in lighthouse tree technologies so that her sister's company could catch up? Was it a plan that Cheryl had hinted at, or had even been planning for months, even years? Has anything come over the PFNW concerning this Tim? Only time will tell.........................................

Stephen

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-26-1999 05:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill was having lots of fun with "Bob" at the Long Beach show. On the back of his "string-around-your-neck" badge, he wrote in "Bob Younger".

At Sunday's seminar someone asked just who this "Bob" was. Bill turned over his badge to the "Bob" side. I gave them the nickle biography of Bob.

I still hear hints that something is in the works at Harbour Lights to honor Bob.

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 04-26-1999 11:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A note in Jim Rutherford's latest newsletter refers to BoB Younger, though he inadvertantly tags BoB as Bill's twin brother.

Glad to hear Bill is enjoying himself at the expense of poor BoB.

See the BoB, Be the BoB,

__
/im

JChidester
Saint

posted 05-30-1999 10:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Time to bring this 'Golden Oldie' back into view. There's a hint in the latest Legacy that Harbour Lights will be bringing out a "Bob Memorial" piece -- perhaps with the unveiling at Rosemont '99?

Tim you know anything else?

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 06-26-1999 11:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just blowing the dust off this thread again, As Bill unveiled the "Bob Younger" memorial tree at Rosemont this weekend and told a crowd of collectors the history of his brothers rise to fame and his untimely demise

JChidester
Saint

posted 06-26-1999 11:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

My posts on the Rosemont 99 Forum include Bill's version of the story of Bob.

But the fun that the Youngers had with this story and their willingness to adopt the 'Bob Legend' as their own, demonstrates how much fun the Youngers have and how much they enjoy interacting with their extended family of collectors (including Internet WACKOs).

It's part of what makes Harbour Lights so much fun to collect.

John

P.S. The price on the Bob Tree is $10 - $120 a dozen. I'll get the quantity made tomorrow.

JimJohnson
Cruise Director

posted 06-27-1999 03:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JimJohnson   Click Here to Email JimJohnson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John, Kim told me that they had ordered 5000 trees as a starting point and that the trees are not numbered. They will be offered to all the dealers. And Tim doesn't have to break his vow that he would never buy an OE because as John reported elsewhere, he was presented with the first tree by Kim and Bill at yesterdays seminar.
Jim
Johnson

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 10-12-1999 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
To refresh the memory of Bob Younger again

Art
Cruise Director

posted 10-12-1999 11:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
You mean that poor BoB has amnesia on top of all his other problems?

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 10-13-1999 05:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Speaking of Bob Younger, I'm still patiently waiting for my "Mini Bob Younger Forest" (MBYF) to arrive. While I was waiting I decided to plant an actual forest under the new HL Program "Plant a Tree in Memory of Bob Younger" (PATIMOBY). I hope my trees arrive soon...the ground will be frozen in another month or so.

Bob

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-17-2000 05:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Part of the concerted "save great posts before they sink off the deep end into oblivion" effort.

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 07-27-2000 10:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
to bring to the surface for Torchbearer

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 08-16-2000 04:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Months of investigation have lead to new evidence which may help prove how Bob truly met his demise. In an earlier post, it was stated...

"Bob Younger died early Saturday morning in a freak highway accident when the motorcycle he was riding apparently skidded out of control. According to rescue workers, it appeared Younger was thrown from the motorcycle and struck a tree."

Yes, Bob was struck by a tree, but not by way of the method stated above. Could this be a ploy, a cover-up of what truly happened? Could Bob's death have been a suicide, or just a miscalculation on his part? Below, I submit new evidence!

Tim - Investigator at large

[This message has been edited by Torchbearer (edited 08-16-2000).]

engbrady
Saint

posted 08-16-2000 04:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boy, that's when you know you are having a bad day!
SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 08-16-2000 10:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
According to Dr. Frosty Sherman, head keeper at the San Diego Zoo's Rodentarium: "Unlike Castor fiber our New World congener is a purty tough critter - and smart too, at least as smart as a Dachshund. Get enough 'em together at the right time of year and anything could happen. Beavers - they're somethin."

As noted by Dr. Sherman, Beavers are indeed wily rascals. When enough of them gather they form a sort of a group 'lodge mind' capable of more than any single beaver might muster alone.

However, The Accident occured in the pre-dawn hours. Beavers have notoriously poor eyesight and never gnaw at night. This photo, while not overtly doctored, is clearly a ploy at misdirection - barking up the wrong tree as it were.

But why?

Rgds,
Editor, PFNW

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 08-16-2000 11:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Better call Scully in for an autopsy. The crash scene was very close to a strange looking corn field...

rscroope
WACKO

posted 08-17-2000 08:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Do you think this is an alien trying to pose as a 'beaver', Rod?
Tim shouldn't you have a disclaimer that 'no animals were hurt in this reenactment'?

SThompson
WACKO

posted 08-17-2000 12:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think its a trick. The Beaver has obviously camouflaged himself while he skillfully sneaks up on the next tree.

Sean

JChidester
Saint

posted 08-17-2000 12:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
For those who are seeing this thread for the first time, I should say that the seed from which it grew was an ebay listing for a lighthouse "signed by the artist & inventor, Bob Younger".

That launched the ball into Tim's court and the rest, as they say, is history (made up history anyway).

pharologst
WACKO

posted 09-04-2000 09:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This scared the heck out of me, until i checked the date of the message!!

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 10-03-2000).]

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers