LighthouseKeepers.com

Trying to master the art of posting pics

Posted By: Bigbird

Trying to master the art of posting pics - 07/01/05 08:27 PM

[img]http://www.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=24616966/PictureID=668954139/t_=27837418[/img]

I'd say that snapfish is not permitting the viewing of the pictures except from their site.

John Chidester
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Trying to master the art of posting pics - 07/01/05 08:54 PM

Can't see the pictures. Is that because you have to be logged in to snapfish.com? It would mean that people who are not logged in, get what I got when I typed the URL in: A page asking me to register.
I wonder if a Yahoo Album will allow you to show pictures here... Let's try.... [img]http://groups.msn.com/PicciesBallButcher/stanampmargret.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=41[/img]

Re: Trying to master the art of posting pics - 07/01/05 08:56 PM

oops...
that did not work... frown
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Trying to master the art of posting pics - 07/01/05 09:21 PM

Stan and Margret - these picture hosting sites make money for each 'ad impression' they can show when people visit their site. So they don't want you to be able to view the pictures they host without you being at their site, exposed to their advertisers.

We've got free photo hosting here:

www.lighthousekeepers.com/uploads/how_to_upload.htm

Re: Trying to master the art of posting pics - 07/02/05 11:09 AM

Thanks John, I guessed that was the case. Just surprised about the Yahoo album. We have our own webspace and no problem with this issue. I just got curious what others would do, when they don't have webspace. And I didn't know / realise that you had your own hosting service.
This Forum is just BRILLIANT wink
Posted By: Bigbird

Re: Trying to master the art of posting pics - 07/02/05 02:54 PM

Well, I tried it away from Snapfish by going to my browser under your forum downloads, and it uploaded to your files, but (apparently) the compression and resolution is not right as I resized as requested, but dpi was 200. I guess this keeps it from displaying in posts, too. Too many variables and not enough knowledge (or money to keep buying software for the maximum control it takes to post I guess). I'll just stick to posting vocabulary (something that USUALLY works without a hitch) and leave the photos to the professionals... frown
© 2024 Collector Forums