LighthouseKeepers.com

Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd

Posted By: rscroope

Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/02/02 07:06 PM

We've reached 54 so we'll continue here! http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum32/HTML/000058.html

75 all about KES
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/03/02 08:35 PM

My cards are in the mail! Enjoy!
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/03/02 08:52 PM

I hadn't checked the forums for a few days but it looks like most have received my Morris Island card.

The answer to the trivia question on my card...an earthquake.
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/03/02 09:42 PM

Our postcards are in the mail. We're just a few days late.

------------------
Tom & Joyce
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/04/02 03:29 AM

I just finished making out my cards for PC Exchange #7. They are already stamped, addressed, and will be going into the mail tomorrow.

I put PC#7 on all of them so they won't be confused with any other exchange. I mailed a different card to everybody with the exception of a couple. I hope the card you receive is one you don't already have in your collection.

Bob
Posted By: Larry

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/06/02 05:31 PM

Judy's card came yesterday, in an envelope. I know this is an out of envelope echange, but I sure am glad she put it in one. This one is a keeper and it would have been a huge shame if the USPS had damaged it.

THANKS JUDY!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/07/02 12:12 AM

Great day today, received 3 cards! Great ones from Bob, Tom and Joyce and Judy. Judy, you're "package" was really awesome! Only one question, what is Bob Adams the manager of? Thanks to all!

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/07/02 12:28 AM

Received Bob M's card today as well.

Thanks Bob!
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/07/02 04:18 AM

We received Judy's card in the mail today. What an awesome card!!! Thanks Judy for putting it in an envelope.

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/07/02 06:16 AM

Had two cards waiting when I got home from the Regional, Bob's of the inner harbor at Baltimore and Judy's wonderful edition in the envelope(smart idea & I loved the stamp!)

Glad Bob finally got those exchanges right, now I can check him off in # 7 & #9!

Donna
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/07/02 02:42 PM

I'm lucky I have you ladies to keep me squared away. I should be all caught up now. I can concentrate on the ABPC#9 Contest now and try to rattle some of that winter dust out of the connected collector's brains.

Don't forget to check the Anchor Bay thread to find out what's going on with the contest!

Bob
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/07/02 03:28 PM

Picked up yesterdays mail this morning and lo and behold not one but two beautiful cards one of point isabel Tx and one in an envelope from down under a beautiful card with info about the pictures on the card.thank youTom and joyce for Tx and Judy for australia a wonderful island country was in sydney in 1969 on R&R.Bill O'Brien

[This message has been edited by oseabee (edited 04-07-2002).]
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/08/02 07:42 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful cards I've received lately. It's hard to keep up with no computer at home, but breaks at work are keeping me informed.

I'm glad you all liked the postcards, my tour group was amazed at the number of postcards I purchased.

Sue, Bob was the manager (keeper) of the Cape Otway Lightstation. He was also our tour guide for our trip. Hopefully, I'll have a review posted shortly.

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/09/02 01:55 AM

What a nice way to end a dreary day in Michigan. We received 2 postcards in the mail today. One postcard was from Tom and Joyce Abbott and the other was from
Bob Mc Keon.

Thanks,

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/09/02 04:26 AM

Received cards from Bob, Tom and Joyce and Judy over the past few days. All are great additions to this exchange. Thanks!
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/09/02 08:38 PM

THANKS JUDY ! for the wonderful Aussie card. As one who has spent 3 vacations down under, it is a wonderful sight!!

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/10/02 12:37 AM

thanks Bob gotyour point Judith today.Bill O'Brien

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/10/02 02:57 AM

Received Tom & Joyce's Port Isabel today.

Thanks Abbotts!

It looks like just 3 more to go.

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/11/02 06:06 PM

All right, I think I'm bringing up the rear on this one? Purchased the postscards and stamps. Must find the adresses. Coming soon.
I don't know if it ended 4/1 or will end 4/30. Thanks for your patience!
- Bob

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/11/02 06:47 PM

It was supposed to end on the 1st Bob, but a later posting mentioned an ending date of the 30th. So we won't label you a "slacker" until May 1st, lol!

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/12/02 02:33 PM

In the mail this morning, hope it was worth the wait!
- Bob

ps thank Saint Sue for your mercy.

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/13/02 07:14 PM

Hi Derith long time no see got your St.Simons this morning when I picked up yesterdays mail.Have been there a couple times.Thank you for the card of a beautiful light.Bill O'Brien
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/14/02 06:11 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for all postcards I have received in this exchange. It is amazing that I have very few duplicates, considering I have been in on every exchange so far. Since Bob just posted that he has sent his cards, there are just 2 people that I haven't received cards from.

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/16/02 01:05 AM

We received a very nice Fire Island card from Bob Scroope today.

Thanks Bob!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/16/02 01:24 AM

Lorie - is one of those two people me?

John
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/16/02 03:51 AM

Received two more postcards in today's mail. Fire Island from Bob Scroope and St. Simon's from Derith.

As exchange #7 winds down I am only missing one card. That is the best return I've had of any of the previous exchanges I've been involved in.

Thanks to all for the wonderful additions to my postcard collection, now looking ahead to #9..........

Donna
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/16/02 04:16 AM

I also received Bob's card of Fire Island and Derith's card of St. Simons today. Thanks!

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/16/02 06:46 PM

We received Derith's St. Simon's card today. We will be makingour first visit to St. Simon's in June.

Thanks Derith.

John?????????

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/17/02 06:22 AM

Received Derith's card also, thanks!
She faked me out with that "guess which coast". Thought it would be the west coast because of her recent trip.

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/18/02 02:52 AM

We received Bob's card of Fire Island and Derith's card of St Simons.

We missed seeing Derith climb that light by two days. Maybe then we would have seen the lighthouse ghost.

Mary and Jeff

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/18/02 06:01 AM

Received Bob's card today, thanks!

Yes, John, you are the slacker in this group!
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/18/02 03:44 PM

Surprise! Surprise! I just received Sue's card in the mail. It was post marked in JANUARY. Thanks for the Stonington, CT card.

I am now just missing one in P.E. #7.
Posted By: Linda Ann

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/19/02 02:01 AM

Now that tax season is over I finally have some time to look at all the wonderful postcards I received over the past few weeks and just wanted to thank those who sent them. I really enjoy opening my mailbox and seeing lighthouse postcards!! Puts a little light at the end of my day!

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/19/02 03:53 AM

Man that's some mail service Lorie! Wonder where it's been all this time? Maybe the folks in the mail room have been passing it around! Glad it finally showed up.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Cards Recd - PC#7 - Contd - 04/19/02 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2beacons:
We missed seeing Derith climb that light by two days. Maybe then we would have seen the lighthouse ghost.

I didn't! Not sure if it is Derith or the lighthouse ghost in the doorway out onto the cat walk - you decide!

She did take a lap around the outside of the tower, but I'm not sure if you could have put a flat piece of paper between her and the tower!

Dave
© 2024 Collector Forums