LighthouseKeepers.com

Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2

Posted By: JJ

Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/17/00 01:14 AM

To continue the discussion on who will attend the reunion in Baltimore. To read part 1 see: http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum13/HTML/000042.html
Jim
Johnson

[This message has been edited by JimJohnson (edited 10-16-2000).]
Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/17/00 02:48 AM

This is a club registration report. Kim Andrews asked me, as President of the New England Lighthouse Lovers, to notify all our members of the offer to be pre-registered. My official NELL club pre-registration list sent to Maureen listed 30 club member names. That is NOT 30 rooms, as most were two persons to a room; a few 3 related persons to a room.

Most of these HL collectors would not have been able to register on their own, as they were on the road that morning, heading for Boothbay Harbor, Maine, where our club had its Fall Outing, and then out in the harbor and ocean on a lighthouse cruise. Most of them did not have cell phones and would not have been able to reach HL. For us, this pre-registration was so greatfully accepted. On behalf of NELL members, I thank Kim and Harbour Lights for this offer.

I know there were other clubs in similar situations. Maybe in the future, registration should not take place on a weekend because of these activity conflicts.

I am so happy to hear that all of you successfully became registered; and for those who are on a waiting list, I am sure you will be accommodated. I know that there are others who would LIKE to be daytrippers, which would open up more rooms.

My husband and I look forward to seeing all of you at Baltimore (his home town); and hopefully being able to meet you in a room set aside for HL clubs, wackos, and newbies. We will be looking for those FLAMES kept alive in Baltimore.

Barbara and Henry Hupp
Ladylightkeeper and Foghornkeeper
Co-Founders of the New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL)

------------------
ladylightkeeper
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/17/00 04:14 AM

I arrived in Orlando at about 10:30 Friday night. After getting luggage, rental car, hotel check in and midnight run to McDonalds, it was 12:30 before we got to bed. We woke up about 8:15 and the kids were getting a little excited about heading off to Disney World. After showers it was approaching the magical hour of 9:00 AM. As I started to attempt to dial I realized that I was unable to make an "800" number call from my room. It was 9:05 before they flciked the switch and I was able to start dialing. I have no idea how many times I dialed the number...I had no redial either. However, I can say that by the end my hands were both getting numb form holding the phone and constantly dialing. At about 9:30, I sent the family over to IHOP to get breakfast. I had a Bacon BBQ Arch Delux at midnight so I really wasn't very hungry. As 10:15 rolled on by I was beginning to get concerned that they would be returning from breakfast soon and I would have to decide between the reunion or delaying The Magic Kingdom (which would not go over well with an excited 7 and 10 year old). But at 10:20 one of the calls was met with a female voice something like "Reunion Headquarters...have you already registered with us today?" rather than that frustrating busy signal. I answered "No" and was switched to another friendly female voice who took all my information promptly. As I was hanging up they all returned from breakfast and we headed over to the park and enjoyed a beautiful day. I couldn't have been more lucky!!!

Doc John
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/17/00 06:08 AM

Boy Doc, you're lucky. When I called in very early I thought they asked "are you ready to register?......" If you answered "NO" to that question you mighta been outta luck!

Dave
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/18/00 02:14 PM

I made it through registration!
I am already dreaming of seeing lighthouses and meeting all those who have sent me lighthouse postcards. What a great reunion this is going to be my first .

KYKEEPER - Pat

[This message has been edited by Pat PalmerBall (edited 10-18-2000).]
Posted By: Kat

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/29/00 09:25 PM

Larry and I are registered for the Baltimore reunion...looking forward to seeing all of those friends we made at the last reunion, as well as making new friends!! Hope everyone was able to register that wanted to go!! HL will make it an event you will cherish a long time!!

Kat Waterson
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/29/00 11:15 PM

This thread has been a little quiet the last few days. I'm still curious if anyone was not able to get through to Harbour Lights or is still on the waiting list without a confirmation of being able to attend.

If and when they finally reach the "cut-off" point, perhaps we might be able to find out roughly how many of our fellow collectors will be attending the gala event. Then, we might even be able to estimate the number of reunion exclusives give or take a few hundred.

Bob
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/30/00 03:06 AM

I got into it late(Oct.27th).I`m on the waiting list.

TerryBarfield
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 10/30/00 05:17 AM

We are still on the waiting list also. Wishing and hoping to move from the wait list to the confirmed list. Time will tell.
Posted By: anniemac

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/07/00 02:32 AM

We were on the waiting list for the last reunion (Rhode Island) and cleared within about two weeks. We called the hotel before we cleared HL waitlist, and had a room in the hotel - couldn't have worked out better. (I don't know the price differential for the room, but...we didn't have to pay for the room till after the reunion (ahh, the glories of plastic!)

Good luck getting in; I'm sure it will be worth it!
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/11/00 04:32 AM

HOORAY, HOORAY, We are on our way!!!!!!! We moved from the wait list to the confirmed list today. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/11/00 06:42 AM

That's really great news. Terry & I will look forward to meeting you. It should be a great time.

Ruthie
Posted By: wheland

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/21/00 01:26 AM

Got my OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION LETTER in the mail today

They did their normal job- no mistakes, no problems.

See you in Baltimore!

Dennis
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/21/00 03:00 AM

GOT MINE ALSO.NEXT STOP BALTIMORE;-D :-D

BILL OBRIEN OSEABEE
READY TO WIEGH ANCHOR FOR
BALTIMORE!!!!!
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/21/00 04:38 AM

Congratulations! On your confirmation!

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/21/00 05:49 AM

We got ours today too...Harbour Lights is such a class act...they really know how to put on a reunion...don'tcha know...

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 11-20-2000).]
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/22/00 05:29 PM

We got our confirmation yesterday.
Now all I need to do is get one of those millenium clocks and set zero hour on
10/04/01
Posted By: wheland

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/22/00 06:02 PM

Lonnie,

If you set the clock for that date & time you'll miss the first two unofficial tours of the Reunion.

You would not want to miss them, would you?

Dennis
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/22/00 09:16 PM

Dennis

Thanks....... Would not want to miss them
Posted By: Kat

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 11/28/00 10:23 PM

Larry and I got our letter a few weeks ago, YEESSSS>....
Posted By: psuchew

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 12/08/00 05:00 PM

As you can see, I'm a newbie but have been collecting for about two years now. On call in day I was put on the wait list. The other day I received a call from HL telling me I'm 14 on the waitlist. For those that have attended either of the previous reunions, what do you think my chances are of getting in?

Matt
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 12/08/00 05:26 PM

Hi Matt - welcome to the Forums.

My guess is your chances are very good. But if you make it, you'll be the designated 'Krispie Kreme' guy - donuts for all.

0 :>)

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 12/09/00 01:31 AM

That's right Matt...Saint John has spoken...Krispie Kreams are a must. John would know if you would make it or not...that's why he has SAINT in front of his name.

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 12-08-2000).]
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 12/09/00 04:33 AM

As this point in time, Matt, I would say your chances are very good. We'll see you in Baltimore next fall!

Bob
Posted By: psuchew

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 12/11/00 03:21 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. As far as the Krispie Kremes are concerned, would you believe I never had any until I started my new job a few months ago. Now there is one right across the street from my job. I'll try not to eat all of them, so I can bring plenty to the reunion. Thanks again.

Matt
Posted By: Jo Ann/Texas

Re: Registration Day - How Did You Do?-Part 2 - 01/05/01 09:18 AM

Don and I are registered!!!! Can't wait. This is going to be so much fun.
© 2024 Collector Forums