cf-banner.jpg
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The General Forum Jump to new posts
PLEASE READ! Reply Rock 05/11/24 03:33 AM
Sad to see it go but it is/was inevitable...I've popped in and out over the years, mainly to see The Latest Models and grumble about the GLOW line...just the other day I cleaned a curio and maneuvered some pieces around and even purchased some Dept 56 accessories (gnarled oak tree, brick walls, beach front sands) to accentuate my collection...I still appreciate the rarer pieces I have, such as the original Cape Hatteras #100 I purchased from Fred Kuhlman's estate, and the odd blue/green water Michigan City, IN artist proof...anyway, it was a nice run, some of the reunions were fun, and I have no plans to sell off and/or give away what's left of my collection...pieces may be going for peanuts on ebay but I still consider my collection priceless.
0 21 Read More
The General Forum Jump to new posts
PLEASE READ! Dave H 05/10/24 02:54 AM
After a long and good run, we have come to the difficult decision that it is time to close the Collector Forums.

Over the years these Forums have been around we have seen many people come and go. We have often been an extended family. There have been so many long term friendships made. I know that I still travel with friends I have made through lighthouses and Harbour Lights.I have been fortunate enough to travel to the corners of North America with friends I made here on the Forums.

These Forums have provided a conduit for members to make plans with each other for a variety of things. Maybe meeting up at a Bill store event. All the fun trips and gatherings at Rosemont. Gathering at regional events for fun and visiting lighthouses together. One of the great things was that often folks shared their trips so that others might use their itinerary for their own trip. I know I used someone else's adventure to have my own and I also tried to write up my trips so others might benefit. Or, vicariously take the same trip with me.

The Forums will close sometime in late May, just a few weeks from now. Take your last trips through the archives and remember all those fun times we had together. So many have contributed to the upkeep of the Forums along the way. I can't name them all, but we have had some dynamic people step up and contribute. Among these are some of the long serving Saints (administrators) including Paul Brady, Rich Felter and Daniel Kirsch. Along the way we were able to produce two special edition Harbour Lights, the Erie Land Light and Wisconsin Point. And the Bailey's Harbor Range Light set that was produced for our event in Door County. Not too bad for a bunch of Wackos.

Thanks to all who have contributed to the Collector Forums and made it such a great site over the years.
0 142 Read More
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,672 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users