The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Collector Clubs News & Information
  Digger's Whitefish Point Painting.......

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Digger's Whitefish Point Painting.......
engbrady
Saint

posted 08-05-2001 12:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Here's the original painting of Whitefish Point by Digger. I will be adding the rules this afternoon for those who want to bid and will not be able to attend the Hoosier Lighthousing Club (HLClub) meeting this Thursday August the 9th. The proxy bids will be similar to the way Collector's World does their mail in bids for their rare Harbour Lights Auction each year if you are familiar with the auction. Don't post your bid in this thread, as they will be done by e-mail to a special e-mail address I will post this afternoon..

Painting by Steve Ervin (Digger)

Paul L Brady, Hoosier Lighthousing Club President
[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 08-05-2001).]

engbrady
Saint

posted 08-05-2001 11:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The following are the ground rules for making a proxy bid on the original Whitefish Point painting by Digger. You can send only one of two different kinds of bids… either a single value bid or a range bid. A single value bid is just what it says you bid one amount. A range bid will have two values a starting value and a maximum value.. for example from $150-$300

Example of 4 people bidding:

Your bid $150-$350 range bid
Bidder #2 $205 single value bid
Bidder #3 $175 single value bid
Bidder #4 $150-$310 range bid

The winning bid would yours at $315. You would have out bid all of the other bidders. You would have beat out the next highest bidder #4’s $310 by the next bidding increment of $5 (the minimum increment to win the bid by). There is a minimum starting bid of $150 on the Whitefish painting.

The painting is unframed.. I told Digger the donation of the actual painting to the club to raise money for the Old Michigan City Lighthouse and the Hoosier Lighthousing Club was more than enough plus the winning bidder can choose to frame it to match their home’s décor.

I believe the size of the painting is… 16" X 20" unframed.

If there is a problem with payment from the winning bidder then the second place bidder will be given the opportunity to match the winning bid and the painting will go to them.

The deadline for the bids will have to be by Noon on Thursday August 9th (1:00pm Eastern daylight) so that I can access the e-mail and take the bids with me to the Snooty Fox. The e-mail address to send the bids and bids only is:

HoosierLH@aol.com

Any other questions e-mail me at WackoPaul@bvimpact.com or just click on the envelope icon at the top of the post.
[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 08-06-2001).]

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 08-08-2001 05:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Less than a day to go to get your bids in on this great new Digger original! Make sure you make your bid count. Who will take this painting home? Perhaps Mark "Whitefish" Wagner?

Dave

Jim Johnston
WACKO

posted 08-09-2001 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Johnston   Click Here to Email Jim Johnston     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I wish I could make it to your meeting tonight. Have a good time and we'll see some of you Hoosiers at Wind Point on Saturday.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers