The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Collector Clubs News & Information
  Join A Club - Even if there isn't one in your neighborhood

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Join A Club - Even if there isn't one in your neighborhood
JChidester
Saint

posted 09-16-2000 11:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Even if you can only make one or two meetings a year, belonging to a Harbour Lights Collectors Club can have advantages.

You get to receive a regular newsletter with information about lighthouses. And you get to know other collectors who share your passion.

You may get other benefits as a member of a club. Like the chance to help restore a lighthouse. With the low-cost dues, you are part of a group supporting the interest in, and/or preservation of lighthouses.

Check this forum for notices or check this listing:

www.HarbourLights.com/clubs.htm

Share your interest. Don't put it off.

Club leaders - please reply to this thread with information on how to join your club, the cost, where to send the check, and who to contact as well as what restoration efforations your club is supporting.

Polly
Cruise Director

posted 09-18-2000 12:48 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Polly   Click Here to Email Polly     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you are in the vicinity of Silicon Valley, check out the Northern California Harbour Lightkeepers. Most members are in the San Jose area however we extend to regions including Salinas, Tracy, and Vacaville. Bill will be the guest speaker at our next meeting Saturday, September 23rd.

If interested feel free to contact me at: jlp@inreach.com

Nana
WACKO

posted 09-18-2000 02:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The members of the Tampa Bay HL club come from all parts of the Tampa Bay area. In my case, it takes me about 45 minutes to drive to the meeting location. But hey, when you can meet with other folks who are interested in lighthouses, get involved in lighthouse preservation, take trips to lighthouses, go to HL "gatherings" of all kinds, and just enjoy the fellowhip with other HL lovers, that amount of time is minimal.

The Tampa Bay club is always looking for lighthouse lovers to join us in our many endeavors.....email me and I'll get you involved.
Derith

RoyMcB

posted 09-18-2000 11:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RoyMcB   Click Here to Email RoyMcB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
For anyone located in or near the Bi-State area (Missouri/Illinois) We have a club for you. The Gateway Lightkeepers Club would like to welcome anyone who loves HL, good conversation, and a chance to meet some really wonderful people. We try to find centrally located places to meet once every other month. If interested please reply to one of the following for more information:

cmcbee@hotmail.com
roymcbee@hotmail.com
rath@inlink.com

Another great club that Roy and I belong to is the North Georgia Beacon Brigade. Julie Rutherford is the membership coordinator for this club. We have had the pleasure of meeting some of the nicest people on our visits to Atlanta. We have not been able to attend any club meetings but like I said we have met some fun people. If you are interested in this collectors club I'm sure you can get in touch with Jim.

John, Thanks for this thread and the opportunity to share this information.

Carolyn

ladylightkeeper
WACKO

posted 09-19-2000 12:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ladylightkeeper   Click Here to Email ladylightkeeper     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

For anyone who lives in any of the New England states or close by, we look forward to having you join our club, called the New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL for short). We rotate our meetings and Outings between the states. We have had some great Outings with cruises, lighthouse tower climbs, and educational speakers. Our next one is Oct. 14-15 in Boothbay Harbor, Me, with cruise, climb, and speaker (see my posting here with more details). Membership is open to anyone 21 or older. Dues are $20 for one person; $30 for any two persons living at the same address.

Our club is active in raising money for lighthouse restorations through club fundraisers such as raffles of HL lighthouses. We will have a silent auction at our next Outing/meeting on Oct. 14, with some nice items including several HL pieces. Donations have already been made to: Cape Neddick (Nubble Light); Thacher Island; Stonington Light; Portland Head; Spring Point Ledge Light; Portsmouth Harbor Light; Avery Point Lighthousekeepers' Monument; and the Flying Santa. An October donation will be made to Pemaquid Light, ME, which we will be climbing.

Please contact our membership chairman, Christine Thumm, for full details on how to join thumms@aol.com

And click onto our club website for details on membership and the upcoming October Outing. www.lighthouse.cc/nelighthouselovers

John, this is a great idea to have all clubs put a brief synopsis here. There are some clubs listed on the general club roster which don't seem to have an e-mail contact. I urge every club to have someone appointed who has an e-mail address so that interested new members, and other clubs also, can contact your club more easily.

Barbara Hupp, President
NELL

------------------
ladylightkeeper

Brent
WACKO

posted 09-19-2000 04:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brent   Click Here to Email Brent     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anyone in the southern Virginia/northern North Carolina area wishing to join the Mid-Atlantic Collectors Club is more than welcome to join. We are hoping that we'll be more active as time goes on. The club started in November of '99 and meet on a quarterly basis throughout the year. If you are interested please e-mail me at any time and I'll get back with you A.S.A.P!!

rscroope
WACKO

posted 09-19-2000 08:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Long Island Chapter of US Lighthouse Society is looking for Charter Members.
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000111.html

Jim Johnston
WACKO

posted 09-23-2000 06:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Johnston   Click Here to Email Jim Johnston     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greetings form the Harbour Lights Collectors Club - Great Lakes District. Our club has been together since 1997. Everyone is welcomed to join, but most of the clubs meetings are in Wisconsin. We're working on Michigan meetings for the future. We have meetings,lighthouse tours,and a newsletter. Our greatest goal is adopting the Pottawatomie Lighthouse on Rock Island in Wisconsins Door County. We have fund raisers to help pay for the restoration and volunteer days at the light if you want to help with restoration work. We have our club booth in Alpena's Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival, and also attend the Door County Lighthouse Walk every May. When our club gets together, there's so much enthusiasm about Harbour Lights and lighthouses its hard to end it and go home,and there's always plenty of refreshments and baked goods, so you won't leave with an empty stomach. You may contact us at HLCC-GLD 3720 North 97 Street Milwaukee, WI 53222 or Call
(414)587-5778. I will try to respond in a timely fashion, please forgive me though if it takes awhile, I work alot of hours,family of six children, conduct club meetings,do the newsletter,work on restoration of the lighthouse and a bunch of other stuff. My life is far from dull. No matter where you live, find a club close by and join it and participate. Harbour Lights collectors are among the friendliest people around.
Thank You
Jim Johnston

Here are some of our club members that stuck around to help clean up and get their picture taken after the Milwaukee Regional Event on July 16th 2000.

[This message has been edited by Jim Johnston (edited 09-24-2000).]

Rock
WACKO

posted 09-26-2000 09:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rock   Click Here to Email Rock     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
As an added bonus to belonging to a local club, we just found out we can register early for the Baltimore reunion without hassling w/early morning phone calls!

[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 09-26-2000).]

Art
Cruise Director

posted 09-27-2000 12:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Now would be a really good time for existing clubs to have a membership drive for members in absentia.

------------------
-Art

Art
Cruise Director

posted 09-27-2000 06:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LOL. It is spelled Absentia, but pronounced "Jackson, TN". It is landlocked, but we do have a lighthouse here. I know that no one believes me when I say this. Someday I'm going to post a picture of it.

------------------
-Art

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers