The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Lighthouse Duty
  Long Island Lights

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Long Island Lights
Beaconfollower
WACKO

posted 02-25-2001 07:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Beaconfollower   Click Here to Email Beaconfollower     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am planning a trip down from Syracuse to the see the Lights on Long Island. Unfortunately, it needs to be a Saturday down and a Sunday night back. Anyone got any advise about some kind of a plan to take as much in as I can..?

Sheryl

CarolZ
WACKO

posted 02-25-2001 09:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CarolZ   Click Here to Email CarolZ     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My husband and I did this trip in one day (from 5 am to 11 pm) and managed to see quite a few lights. We started with Old Field Point on the north shore and continued along the Sound hitting Horton's Point, Orient Point, and the Bug Bar Light. We then crossed between the two forks on a ferry (I can't remember the name of the island. We then went out to Montauk and back along the south shore past Cedar Island and Fire Island. There may have been a few more but they were the highlights. We have also done the Long Island Lighthouse tour out of New London CT. It was 5 hours with 11 lighthouses. Some in CT and others in LI. Well worth the time and money!!!! ($30 per person). Have a good time!!

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 02-26-2001 09:39 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Sheryl,
Email me specifics of where and when you're coming in and when your leaving. If you flying into Islip? If you were coming in June 2nd you could see 8 offshore east end LHs on our cruise. Let me know and I'll give you a game plan.

------------------
Long Island BOB

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 02-26-2001).]

Beaconfollower
WACKO

posted 02-27-2001 05:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Beaconfollower   Click Here to Email Beaconfollower     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks Carol & Bob. I had plan on coming in April or May, but I must say your cruise sounds inviting in June. I am driving and
the only problem I can see is a place to stay that I don't have to take out a loan.
It's in the planning stage, so please let me know the details of your cruise. Carol, I copied your plan down and will check it out on the map, thanks so much.

Sheryl

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers