The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Lighthouse Duty
  Florida Lighthouse Association

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Florida Lighthouse Association
Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 06-12-2000 08:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just received my first quarterly newpaper from the Florida Lighthouse Association (FLA). For those of you live in Florida, but are not a member, I'd like you to know that the next meeting (July 15) will be held at Mayport Naval Air Station near Jacksonville, and the two lighthouses that will be visited are St. John's River Lighthouse and the St. Johns Light Station. A bus will leave the Naval Air Station at 9 a.m. If you're interesting in joining FLA, the website is:
http://www.floridalightouses.org

Joanne

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2000 02:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLA membership isn't just for Floridians, either. It's a good, hardworking organization with a most interesting quarterly publication.

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2000 02:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That's true, anyone can join.

Joanne

Nana
WACKO

posted 06-13-2000 08:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wish I could join you for the trip to Jax. Joanne, but will be looking at Coquille on the 15th of July.

If you all did not know, a small group of lighthouse lovers has done some great work to the St. John's River light and have opened a small museum in a building behind the light. If you are there when the museum is open you can get in a fence on the Mayport side of the light and not have to go thru the naval base. I think their grand opening is on the 14th or 15th of July.

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 06-13-2000).]

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 06-15-2000 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Derith,

Coquille sounds very exciting. I hope you let us know all about it and share your photos.

Joanne

rynomatt

posted 06-24-2000 11:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rynomatt   Click Here to Email rynomatt     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
how do you join without living in florida?thanks

Daniel
WACKO

posted 06-25-2000 12:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel   Click Here to Email Daniel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Joanne

Your email address for the Florida Lighthouse association is incorrect. It should read:
http://www.floridalighthouses.org/

Daniel

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 06-25-2000 06:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the correction Daniel. Rynomatt, I believe you can join by getting information off of the website.

Joanne

rynomatt

posted 06-26-2000 10:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rynomatt   Click Here to Email rynomatt     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thank you everyone!! I'll check it out!

Wildbird99
WACKO

posted 07-04-2000 08:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Wildbird99   Click Here to Email Wildbird99     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll add some good words for the FLA. Although I'm a Long Islander, I'm a proud member of the FLA. It's an active organization headed up by a gentleman, Tom Taylor, that knows and loves lighthouses. I'm always eager to return to Florida for my annual visit, and I'm there now. I'll be seeing Tom later this week and know I will come away from that time inspired and more knowledgable than I was before.

If you're a Floridian, you really should join the FLA (and come see me at St. Augustine July 6 at 7PM and Ponce Inlet July 8 at 2PM... shameless plug). Even if you're not a citizen of the state, it's a worthy organization to support.

------------------
Bob Muller
Stony Brook, NY
wildbird99@aol.com
www.longislandlighthouses.com

Nana
WACKO

posted 07-04-2000 08:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HI Bob,

Sorry I am working summer school and can't get to either location. I envy you the trip to both of those magnificent FL lights.
Derith

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers