The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Wish List
  Pharos Lighthouse

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pharos Lighthouse
engbrady
Saint

posted 05-19-1998 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria is my choice for a special Millennium Lighthouse by Harbour Lights. This is just one of many sites on the web with information on the Pharos Lighthouse:

//alexandria.sae.gr/html/history3.html

Paul L Brady

[This message has been edited.]

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 05-20-1998 01:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
As an Architect, I have always been in awe of the Architecture and construction capabilities of the Egyptian, Greek, and Roman Empires. I have always thought it would be great for a company to produce miniatures of the Seven Wonders of the World and other historic monuments with the attention to detail that HL provides. I would be very enthusiastic about Harbour Lights making the Pharos Lighthouse, especially of a larger than normal size to place the importance on it that it deserves (12" tall or so). With the many educated guesses of its "true" appearance floating around, It would be interesting to see which era HL would decide to sculpt it from.

-RodW

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson.]

FredKuhl
Cruise Director

posted 05-20-1998 02:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for FredKuhl   Click Here to Email FredKuhl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clicked onto your link and had a very enjoyable read. I'd suggest to anyone entering this forum to do the same. It is well worth the time. Thanks for the research and sharing Paul

Michael and Karen Power
unregistered

posted 06-02-1998 07:55 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Karen is in complete agreement that I would like to see HL do Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria. We had an opportunity to help a young friend of our's build one recently for a junior high school project. I think we learned more than she did. It is fascinating and the different conceptural drawings in themselves are so diverse and interesting. Anyway, it the first, right? But, like Rod said, which one?

Michael hesitates only because he is concerned that if HL does one of the conceptual it will be inconsistent with their tradition of accuracy and will people realize that it is conceptual or will they perceive it as an accurate representation of that light.

Do we enLIGHTen or do we confuse?

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers