The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

Thread Closed  Thread Closed
UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  2002 Atlantic City Collectibles Expo
  Atlantic City 2002

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Atlantic City 2002
jakescol
Cruise Director

posted 01-15-2002 05:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jakescol   Click Here to Email jakescol     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
April 26,2002, Friday, Show opens for retailers only.
April 27,28 2002 Saturday and Sunday the show opens for Collectors.

Go to the new web site http://www.collect.com from Krause Publications.

Along the top of the page you'll find a tab "Shows" click on that. It will take you to the next page. Then go to the middle of that page and click on one of the International Collectors Exposition, either the Rosemont show or in this case the Atlantic City Show.
It will give you all the information as to times locations, maps, lists of Hotels, etc.

This is known as the East Coast Show. It alternates each year with the West Coast. As far as I can remember this is the first time it is being held in Atlantic City. It has been held in other cities around New Jersey, and also at Atlanta, GA.

Harbour Lights will be there and I'm sure will have a great booth as usual. Bill will be on hand to sign lighthouses. If tradition follows, they usually hand out a nice gift at the booth. While at the show be sure and find out what time Harbour Lights will be having their seminars. Meet with the Wackos for fun snacks and door prizes.

Don't forget to view the lighthouses in the area for a great mini vacation. Absecon is right there in Atlantic City.

If you have any other questions please ask
jake

[This message has been edited by jakescol (edited 01-15-2002).]

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 01-15-2002 05:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jake,

Has HL changed its mind? As of last fall they were not planning on going to the Atlantic City show. I would presume this is why the New Jersey regional event was set for April 6th.

If it stands up to the quality and quantity of the Rosemont show, it would be worth going even if HL were not there. (But not near so much fun without all the Wackos.)

Dave

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-15-2002 05:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just checked and Kim says they are showing Harbour Lights including 2002-2003 Society Pieces. Also showing Knights of the Not So Round Table.

They won't have as big a booth as usual at this show. "Traveling Light" Kim says.

Bill will be signing. Nancy will be taking Society memberships and renewals and Harry will be showing the Knights.

John

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 01-15-2002).]

SThompson
Saint

posted 01-15-2002 05:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson   Click Here to Email SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We are going to try and make this one if we can. Liz will be coming out of tax season and will need a little fun. Anyone else thinking about coming?

wheland
WACKO

posted 01-15-2002 08:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm fairly sure I will be there on Sunday,but I work on Saturdays and I'll be off one Saturday in April for the Regional already.

The NJLHS is acting as Host and i'm part of the Committee helping to set it up and work at it to assist HL.

I'm going to request it and hope fore the best.

Dennis

wheland
WACKO

posted 01-15-2002 08:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Cruise Director needs to adjust the info on the main title of this forum on the Main Page.

It lists the dates as 3-23/24. This may cause some confusion. One of the Wackos might just think it's another one of those famous HL Variations.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 01-15-2002).]

Hal Dean
WACKO

posted 01-15-2002 11:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Hal Dean   Click Here to Email Hal Dean     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Betty and I are planning to attend this show on Saturday. Looking forward to see other wackos there. Hal

sweetpshirin
WACKO

posted 01-16-2002 07:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I should (now don't hold be to this) be able to make it on Saturday. Sunday is out since I will be walking across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge for their annual walk on the 28th. This will make my 18th walk in a row. And I can't miss that!

For those of you thinking about coming, perhaps the new keepers quarters at Absecon would make a good case to visit Atlantic City. I haven't seen it yet myself.

shirin

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-16-2002 02:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks, Dennis. Fixed it.

Linda Ann

posted 01-16-2002 07:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Linda Ann   Click Here to Email Linda Ann     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am going to try to make it to this. I haven't been to any "events" yet because I always seem to have a scheduling conflict. Looks like I can make it to this show! Sounds like fun.

ctlights

posted 01-18-2002 09:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ctlights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Would "bet the ranch" that Harbor Lights previews the long awaited and rumored release of Abescon Light at the Atlantic City Show.

Lonnie Davidson
WACKO

posted 01-19-2002 07:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lonnie Davidson   Click Here to Email Lonnie Davidson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Planning to attend

Lighthouse Bear

posted 01-21-2002 03:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lighthouse Bear   Click Here to Email Lighthouse Bear     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WE Plan to Attend Too,We did the One in NJ a few years ago and thats went I signed up to join HL,Should be Fun!!!!!!!

cclighthousebuff

posted 01-21-2002 06:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cclighthousebuff   Click Here to Email cclighthousebuff     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sounds like fun. I'm going to try to schedule this as well. Beyond the HL booth, are there any other formal or informal HL activities?

jakescol
Cruise Director

posted 02-11-2002 02:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jakescol   Click Here to Email jakescol     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Might as well close this topic. Show has been cancelled.

Jake

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers