The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Tip Sheet
  Collection Registration

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Collection Registration
cavevader
WACKO

posted 01-10-2002 09:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for cavevader   Click Here to Email cavevader     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Howdy All,

I have been thinking about registering my entire HL collection, since it has grown rather exponetially in the past year, but was wondering what the benfits of registering are?

I seen the individual cards in each lighthouse and I have even seen the section on the HL website discussing how you can register your pieces or entire collection via email and spreadshet. But I just wanted to here opinions and comments from other collectors if registering is a "wise" thing to do.

What is the information used for at HLs?

Christopher

RRohweder
WACKO

posted 01-10-2002 08:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RRohweder   Click Here to Email RRohweder     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Christopher,

The word is "insurance."

I live in earthquake country, and if my entire collection gets buried in the house following a major quake, my insurance company will not be happy. However, if they can check with the company that makes them and get a list, they'll be much happier than just taking my word.

It's simply a service offered by Harbour Lights because of the kind of people they are. They don't care one way or another if you register with them. I'm sure Zina would probably be happy if you didn't. If nothing else, it certainly lets HL know who their serious collectors are.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Rich

------------------

Bud Schrader

posted 01-10-2002 08:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bud Schrader   Click Here to Email Bud Schrader     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I've been wondering the same thing-
we haven't registered any of ours. I
also would like to hear the pros & cons.
Thanks for the post!

------------------
Bud Schrader

youngone
WACKO

posted 01-10-2002 09:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for youngone   Click Here to Email youngone     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Guys:

Registering your lights is also a good idea in case they are stolen. The numbers come in handy if they show up later, by someone who has inadvertently purchased a stolen light. It's well worth the time and effort

Tony

Shortcake

posted 01-11-2002 02:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shortcake   Click Here to Email Shortcake     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I live just a few short miles form the Gulf of Mexico (Hurricane Country) so you can bet all my pieses are registered with Harbour Lights and State Farm !!

Stephanie

DALE LAWRENCE
WACKO

posted 01-11-2002 11:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DALE LAWRENCE   Click Here to Email DALE LAWRENCE     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don't forget the register and win drawing. For each light you purchase at retail in 2002 until the cut off date and you register with Harbour Lights you can win the chance to pick a lighthouse to be made, several Harbour Lights products, even a lighthouse trip for two. St. John can you give us the dates and prizes for this year?
Dale

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-12-2002 12:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sure, Dale...

Check the last issue of your Lighthouse Legacy - page 6. Right there next to the smiling photo of Jakers.

USLH Society Lighthouse Tour
"Choose your own" lighthouse that HL will make
Artists Proofs

For each piece purchased January 1 - March 31, 2002, and registered with Harbour Lights, you'll earn a chance to win a prize.

cavevader
WACKO

posted 01-14-2002 11:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for cavevader   Click Here to Email cavevader     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All,

Thanks for your comments this topic.

I quess I will be working on a spreadsheet of all my lights to send to HL for registration purposes. Hum, Zina is going love this.... I hope she can just import the spreadsheet into the HL database.

Christopher

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers