The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Harbour Lights Regional & Store Events
  Regional Event Exchange Program (REEP)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Regional Event Exchange Program (REEP)
Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

This Space
Available for
Rent - Your
Logo Here!

posted 12-08-2001 11:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
What I propose here is that since most of us wont be able to travel to all the regional events is that those who want to collect all the different editions of the regionals. I suggest that we pair up with 3 other collectors from the other regional areas that we won't be going to, each person would agree to buy and ship one event piece to the other 3 people in their group, Why? What's in it for me? Here is the deal, last year you had to be present to win a regional Gold piece, this way each person will now have 4 chances to win a Gold regional piece and not have to buy extras to increase your chance of winning and you will end up with all the different seasons pieces.

1, Spring: Northeast, April 6th, Berkeley, NJ
2, Summer: June 28, 29 or 30, Rosemont, IL
3, Fall: West Coast, TBD, California
4, Winter: Southeast, TBD, Florida

What are your thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 02-10-2002).]

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-08-2001 12:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark - you've got a good idea. However, your assumption is there will be a 'GOLD' version of the 2002 Regional Event piece.

I don't quite understand. If you must be present to win, and 3 of 4 people won't be there, I imagine that the one person who IS there will have 4 entries in the drawing. How will you determine WHICH of those 4 entries actually won before they go in the pot?

Or will the 1 person attending the regional buy 4 pieces for that regional, get 4 changes for themself and send on the other 3 pieces to their team members? Then at the next regional, person #2 will have 4 tries at the gold and persons 1,3,&4 will have none but get that version of the event piece?

For more information on the 2002 Regionals:

www.harbourlights.com/events/2002/index.htm

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-08-2001).]

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

This Space
Available for
Rent - Your
Logo Here!

posted 12-08-2001 12:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Right, Assuming that there will be "Gold" again at the regionals.

And my thought was that the sole attending person would have 4 chances to win since the others not present couldn't win anyway

Just to be clear: yes this answer (that is what I was trying to say)
"Or will the 1 person attending the regional buy 4 pieces for that regional, get 4 chances for themself and send on the other 3 pieces to their team members? Then at the next regional, person #2 will have 4 tries at the gold and persons 1,3,&4 will have none but get that version of the event piece?"

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 12-08-2001).]

SThompson
Saint

posted 12-08-2001 10:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson   Click Here to Email SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huh? How about those of us that don't plan on attending any. Can't I call a dealer for each Regional and order the different season, or do I have to be present at each Regional to make the purchase. Last year you didn't have to be present to order.

This 4 versions of the same lighthouse at the different Regionals really chaps my backside.

imho

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-08-2001 11:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
You don't have to be present at any regional to buy any one of them.

Mark's idea was for those who plan to attend one regional and wanted four changes to win the Gold one (if there is one).

You have to be present to win.

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

This Space
Available for
Rent - Your
Logo Here!

posted 02-10-2002 11:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just bringing this to the top again

Randy Kremer
WACKO

posted 02-10-2002 11:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark, didn't someone mention that you could buy all four versions, if requested, from your local dealer? I haven't inquired about that yet.

shiulong

posted 02-10-2002 01:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for shiulong   Click Here to Email shiulong     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Someone did mention that a dealer could get all 4 for a collector. But there were certain requirements that had to be fulfilled before the dealer could get all four. The dealer had to call HL to see if they qualify for that perk. What the requirements are I don't know and where the thread is I don't know either

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon

engbrady
Saint

posted 02-10-2002 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have already ordered all four versions from my dealer... all your dealer has to do is call and set it up with Harbour Lights, of course they have to also be a participating dealer in their area's Regional I believe...
[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 02-10-2002).]

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

This Space
Available for
Rent - Your
Logo Here!

posted 02-10-2002 04:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think many of you guys are missing my point, my idea was to give yourself and the other people you exchange with additional chances to win gold at the regionals. You had to be present to win last year, so you would buy 4 pieces and have 4 entries into the regional drawing, friend #2 at different regional has 4 entries, friend #3 has 4 chances and so on.

Quote:
FLASH !! Talking to HL the other day about the Anchor Bay 44' MLB, I asked a question about ordering the 4 versions of FT. Thompkins through the dealer that I have been using since 1994. I told them that I felt guilty buying from other dealers in other regions and wasn't it possible to buy the 4 versions from my dealer. Not knowing the entire requirements that HL has on the dealer, they said that a dealer in one region would be able to order all 4 versions. They told me to have my dealer call customer service and ask for Debbie. She would explain the requirements and place the orders. I called my dealer back today and it is almost a done deal pending approval according to my dealer. Maybe this will help some fence sitters trying to determine if they want to buy all 4 versions from other then their regular dealers.

Rich

If you can buy all 4 versions and get 4 entries to win then my idea is definitely needless, but if you could wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a different piece at each regional? We'll have to see what "requirements" HL makes for buying all 4 from one dealer

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

This Space
Available for
Rent - Your
Logo Here!

posted 02-10-2002 11:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
After I posted this I saw John posted HL's intentions for buying all 4 pieces.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers