The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Personal Time
  Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer...

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer...
JChidester
Saint

posted 04-19-2002 04:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We've got one offer pending on the house, but we haven't signed the counter offer yet.

Today another couple came through for the second time and stayed for 90 minutes, measuring rooms and taking pictures. I'm hoping we'll get a better offer from them tonight.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 04-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 04-19-2002).]

bright eyes
WACKO

posted 04-19-2002 06:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bright eyes   Click Here to Email bright eyes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fingers are crossed, toes are crossed, and many prayers coming your way!

Keep us posted!

Did I bring you "good luck" today??!

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-19-2002 08:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mega Dittos on Bright Eyes comments!

Dave

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-19-2002 10:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Got a second offer this afternoon! Should know Saturday which way it will go.

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 04-19-2002 11:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll be thinking good thoughts for you & the family...it's a beautiful home whoever gets it should be very happy.
Ruthie

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 04-20-2002 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sounds great John! How long have you had your house on the market?

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 12:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Kremer:
Sounds great John! How long have you had your house on the market?

First listed it right before the Reunion - went for six months with first agent. Had one low-ball offer.

New agent April 1st. Only two showings, but one had been here while it was for sale by the first agent. They made the offer today.

Ned Fenimore
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 12:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ned Fenimore   Click Here to Email Ned Fenimore     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
April and I hope that everything goes well for you with a nice offer and sale.

Ned

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 10:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Good luck on the sale of the house, JC!

Houses don't stay on the market very long in my area. Usually there is a bidding war above and beyond the actual asking price. Anything under $250,000 is gone in a couple of days. Houses under $350,000 are usually scooped up within a couple of weeks.

They are building houses about a mile from mine that are selling for $600,000+. I don't know how the people in this area can afford them but they are selling them as fast as they are building them.

It is a great time to be a real estate agent around here.

Bob

mombo
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 10:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Good luck with the offers John. We are sure spoiled here in CNY where houses are cheap compared to much of the country. I was told I "gave my last house away" when I moved here to my Dad's place. But I only had to buy out my brother's share. As I'd been in the old house forever I made enough to do this and get rid of the old mortgage with a bit left over. It was worth it to get rid of the place quickly, before winter, and I sure didn't want to pay more taxes than I had to on the proceeds. This was just prior to the tax laws changing on home sales. I was fortunate in that we had already moved here and was able to remove the excess clutter at the old place and clean it up once for the viewing. The first folks who came buy made the offer which I accepted. Of course your situation is different.

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 02:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
And We Have A Deal!

Buyer & Seller have agreed to terms. Still awaiting signed counter-offer and closing on May 31st.

Now we've got to go out looking for a place to live.

wheland
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 02:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll be able to find something quickly enough.

I don't envy you the move- I have not moved in over 15 years and I hope i never do.

Too much stuff.

Enjoy the search, it can be fun.

Dennis

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 04-20-2002 03:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I arrived late to this discussion, but sounds like all good thoughts and prayers made it to benefit everyone involved...Congratulations!!

Derith

bright eyes
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 03:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bright eyes   Click Here to Email bright eyes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WAY TO GO!! Congratulations to all!!!

RRohweder
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 04:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RRohweder   Click Here to Email RRohweder     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great news John! Congratulations.

Rich

------------------

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 04:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Congrats on the sale, JC!

Where will you be moving to, John? Staying in the southwest? Moving closer to saltwater?

Bob

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 06:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We intend to remain in the Valley of the Sun - most likely Scottsdale, but we'll also be looking at surrounding cities.

Suzie works for Mayo Clinic which is a mile from our present house. Chris goes to school in South Scottsdale, a 32 mile round trip. If we could locate somewhere in between it would be great.

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 06:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great news John...with the new Loop finished you can probably pick just about any area and still be pretty close to school and work for Suzie...
Ruthie

mombo
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 11:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That's great news John. How's it feel to be a homeless person?

2beacons
WACKO

posted 04-21-2002 09:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 2beacons   Click Here to Email 2beacons     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONGRATULATIONS JOHN!!!!

In nascar they say gentlemen and lady start your engines.....In your case they would say
let the packing begin.

Mary and Jeff

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 04-21-2002 09:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That's great news John, congratulations! I know you were getting frustrated.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 10:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great news, John! Amazing that after all those months with the first realtor, the buyer suddenly comes thru shortly after listing with a new agent. I know you had said you were planning on trying to downsize the house, so feel free to ship me your excess HLs for safe storage.......

Dave

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 11:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have them almost packed up, Dave. If you'll pay the shipping, I'll be happy to lend them to you. Let's see I'd say the gross weight is about 800 pounds. You want them sent overnight?

Actually, they are going into a large storage container and then put into inside storage until we call and request them to be delivered to our new home.

Both offers on the house came from people who had seen it when it was listed with the first agent.

But it did sell shortly after I requested prayers. So: Prayer worked as far as I'm concerned.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 04-21-2002).]

DALE LAWRENCE
Cruise Director

posted 04-22-2002 02:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DALE LAWRENCE   Click Here to Email DALE LAWRENCE     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That is great John. Hope you didn't have to drop the price much. Things do seem to be picking up here in our neighborhood. Crews are working on the weekends now. Moving is such a hassle. Glad we are all settled in. Are you hiring a mover? I have a truck if you are doing it yourself. Would be glad to help. Good luck finding a new home. There seems to be a lot out there these days. Will keep this in my daily prayers. Praying for the right house in the right neighborhood at the right price with plenty of space for all the curios. God does answer prayers.

Dale

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 04-22-2002 09:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JChidester:
Let's see I'd say the gross weight is about 800 pounds.

So what would be the market price per pound if you sold them?

I don't know what took so long for you to sell the house? From your pictures it looked like a desert dream house with great views. I guess in your area, everyone's looking for new? I can't believe how much it built up between 1988-1992! I can't imagine it now. When I went there each November, new Golf Course communities would just rise out of the desert each year!

Glad you found a buyer, good luck on the new house.

- Bob

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-26-2002 11:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Buyer backed out today. Which they are able to do during the 10 day inspection period without much reason at all as I understand it.

Our backup buyer came through and we've accepted their offer. So now we have to go through the inspection period again. Close on the 28th, move out on June 4th.

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-26-2002 11:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopefully they put down a nice chunk of earnest money, which should be yours to keep since they backed out. Glad you had the back-up offer in place and they are still interested.

Dave

JChidester
Saint

posted 05-09-2002 08:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I wish, Dave. Seems like during the 10 day inspection period, the buyer can back out for almost any reason and not have to cough up the deposit.

The back-up buyer came into town and toured the house on Monday. He's buying the home for his mother who lives here now. His home inspectors came through also on Monday and although they found a few minor things, they have accepted the house as-is without requiring us to make any changes.

My RE Agent said this is the FIRST TIME she has EVER seen this happen in 12 years of real estate.

Closing is to be on or before June 3. We'll have a week to pack up and move.

Now to find a place for us!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, everyone. It worked.

Dave H
Saint

posted 05-10-2002 12:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man, possession 7 days after closing! ? ! You guys are moving way fast. Normal around here is 30 days after closing.

So glad things are coming together for the Chidesters. I know that the rest of May will be a hectic month for you, but an exciting one as you find a new home. We'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you make this transition.

Dave

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers