The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Personal Time
  An Anniversary to Remember!!!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   An Anniversary to Remember!!!
Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 06-13-2001 02:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yesterday 6/12, Becky and me decided to take the day off work since it was our 25th Anniversary. We hadn't planned anything special since we decided earlier to celebrate it when we go to Baltimore. We decided on breakfast then the day at a large flea market and finish with a nice dinner.

Well it sounded like a good plan!

Severe storms greeted us with high winds, lightening and lots of fallen trees. What the heck, we still had the day off and there was still food!!! Didn't figure on the power failure (downed trees and electric lines) so, no breakfast and there was always the food at the flea market! Finally arrived but wait, where's the tents, oh yes, high winds. We did manage a few hours with the vendors that decided to rebuild and there was always dinner!

Arrived at the restaurant in good time, just opened, no crowd, best seats. Food arrived in good time and just as ordered, finally things were going our way until........ When I woke up I discovered that the steak had lodged deep in my throat and Becky had performed the necessary treatment to dislodge it, probably saving my life!! At first they thought I was having a heart attack until she figured it out and went into action.

Thank you Becky for 25 great years and for my life. It will be a day neither of us ever forget, but wait, there's always Baltimore and more food!!!!

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 06-13-2001).]

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2001 02:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oh my goodness Digger!

First happy anniversary to you and your bride. It's good to know that 25 years ago things went a lot smoother than they did yesterday. I am so glad that Becky realized what was happening and came to your rescue. We all owe Becky thanks for keeping a level head and saving your life. So much for taking a day off!

Joanne

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 06-13-2001 03:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WOW...Boy Steve you must be a keeper since Becky saved your life. The next 25 years should be easier than your 25th Anniversary day turned out. You must be so glad to have a wife that can react quickly in an emergency. Glad you are still with us Steve. Looking forward to meeting your hero, Becky.

Ruthie

JChidester
Saint

posted 06-13-2001 04:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
What a story. What a coincidence - Yesterday was "Save An Artist" day. Bet you didn't know that!

Congratulations on 25 years and on your life-saving wife. You owe her big-time, big-guy!

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2001 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gosh, Steve! Thankfully Becky was aware of what was happening and went into action. Hope you are feeling much better today.

Your anniversary was a real blessing for you both!

Derith

tarbaby
WACKO

posted 06-13-2001 06:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tarbaby   Click Here to Email tarbaby     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Congrats on the 25th and let me suggest you give Becky a copy of Gray`s Anatomy for the 50th night out.

terry

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2001 06:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The story is not quite correct- I read the article in the South Bend Tribune, and in her interview Becky commented that "...yes, it was a very close call. After I realized Steve was choking on something I began to think about those paradise island vacations I could take. However, I quickly remembered that I had his monthly life insurance premium payment in my purse, so I went ahead and tried the Heimlich Maneuver. Fortunately I was successful." The article went into more detail about why the premium was being maile late - something about having to buy more paints and a Cape Saint something.

In any case, Steve, glad you and Becky had a good ending to the day. Hate to see you as a customer of yourself so early in life! Happy Anniversary to you!

Dave

RRohweder
WACKO

posted 06-13-2001 08:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RRohweder   Click Here to Email RRohweder     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Congratulations on the 25th Steve and Becky. Thanks for saving him Becky. I'm really looking forward to meeting you two in Baltimore.

Rich

------------------

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2001 11:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well keepers are supposed to save lives aren't they?

Congratulations to you both. We sure are glad things turned out ok!

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 06-15-2001 03:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hokey Smokes!
I guess that's why they call them "starving artists"?

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 06-17-2001 09:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Anniversary! Glad you survived and made it to Chicago! It was wonderful to see your artwork in person and also to meet you and your wife!

Suzanne

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 06-18-2001 06:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
What a way to spend a day! Thank God it all turned out okay. Life has its scary moments but few as scary as that.

Happy 25th!

Bob

Todd Shorkey
WACKO

posted 06-18-2001 03:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Shorkey   Click Here to Email Todd Shorkey     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve,

You weren't kidding when you said "An Anniversary to Remember"!

I am glad to hear it worked out well, so to speak.

I hope you and Becky had a great anniversary.

Happy 25th!!!

-Todd

Barb Kepple
WACKO

posted 06-18-2001 09:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Barb Kepple   Click Here to Email Barb Kepple     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Congratulations to you and Becky, Steve, on your twenty-fifth anniversary, and most especially, thanks to Becky for acting so swiftly and saving you!

Barb

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers