The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

Thread Closed  Thread Closed
UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Personal Time
  Merry Christmas! (State Roll Call)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Merry Christmas! (State Roll Call)
Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 12-01-2000 06:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
May I be the first to wish you all, and your families, a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hoilday Season.

I thought it might be interesting to see how many people and states we would hear from in this thread.

What's that you say? It's a little early? Not by my standards. It seems like July 4th was just yesterday and now it's December 1st already. The year 2001 is knocking at the door!

Bob
North Attleboro, Massachusetts

Pat PalmerBall
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 07:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pat PalmerBall   Click Here to Email Pat PalmerBall     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From the great Bluegrass State of Kentucky I wish all on the forums a Very Merry Christmas and a Bountiful 2001.

KYKEEPER - Pat

bright eyes
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 08:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for bright eyes   Click Here to Email bright eyes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
To the greatest lighthouse collectors in the world a Very Merry Christmas and all of the best for 2001

From the Great Lake State of Michigan, home of the famous "Petoskey Stone"!

Mary & Herm

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 12-01-2000 08:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From the Great State of New York, (recently tarnished by Senator Carpetbagger, and the Presidential votes), I would like to wish all my fellow Collectors, WACKOS, and Forum Members (yes, double counting), A Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

------------------
Long Island BOB

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 12-01-2000).]

Weasel58
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 09:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Weasel58   Click Here to Email Weasel58     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From the Confused State of Florida. But a Tarheel till I die! The Weasel, would like to wish you and yours a Hearty HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Remember folks go out there and have fun, but I want all of you to come back safe and sound.

[This message has been edited by Weasel58 (edited 12-01-2000).]

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 12-01-2000 11:18 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From North Carolina, home of Cape Hatteras light house, we want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! May you and yours have a blessed holiday season.

Tim - Merry Christmas!

[This message has been edited by Torchbearer (edited 12-01-2000).]

akmn
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 12:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for akmn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A joyfull and Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year to all Forum members, especially the saints who have provided another year of great leadership here.

From a cold and getting whiter by the day
Minne-Snowta

Adam and Mindy

Bill Harnsberger
Cruise Director

posted 12-01-2000 01:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Harnsberger   Click Here to Email Bill Harnsberger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feliz Navidad from Portland, Maine, where Santa arrives on a lobster boat...

Rrronne
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 01:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rrronne   Click Here to Email Rrronne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from Colorado and the 14,000 foot Rocky Mountains where Santa's Reindeer get a workout visiting the towns in the high country.

------------------
Randall Ronne

[This message has been edited by Rrronne (edited 12-01-2000).]

oseabee
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 01:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
from oseabee Bill O'Brien may you and yours have a merry christmas and a happy new millenium.Looking forward to next October and meeting many of you .

Lorie Roe
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 04:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lorie Roe   Click Here to Email Lorie Roe     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy holidays from Salt Lake City, home of the (sometimes scandalous) 2002 Winter Olympic games. I hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable holiday season and a healthy, prosperous New Year.

Rich

posted 12-01-2000 05:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rich   Click Here to Email Rich     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season from the "Peach State" (Georgia). May all your gifts be Harbour Lights!

Rich

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 06:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU FELLOW WACKO'S From the "Sunshine State" Arizona... No lighthouses or snow here but plenty of lighthouse lovers.

Ruthie

Art
Cruise Director

posted 12-01-2000 06:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A "Tender Tennessee Christmas" to all from the Volunteer State.

Tennessee Christmas

Come on, weather man,
give us a forecast snowy white
Can't you hear the prayers
of every childlike heart tonight
Rockies are calling, Denver snow falling
Somebody said it's four feet deep
But it doesn't matter, give me the laughter
I'm gonna choose to keep.

Another tender Tennessee Christmas
The only Christmas for me
Where the love circles around us
Like the gifts around our tree
Well, I know there's more snow up in Colorado
Than my roof will ever see
But a tender Tennessee Christmas
is the only Christmas for me.

Every now and then I get a wandering urge to see
Maybe California, maybe Tinsel Town's for me
There's a parade there, we'd have it made there
Bring home a tan for New Year's Eve
Sure sounds inviting, awfully exciting
Still I think I'm gonna keep.

Another tender Tennessee Christmas
The only Christmas for me
Where the love circles around us
Like the gifts around our tree
Well, they say in L.A. it's a warm holiday
It's the only place to be
But a tender Tennessee Christmas
is the only Christmas for me.

------------------
-Art

Kaiz
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 06:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kaiz   Click Here to Email Kaiz     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We would like to wish all of our Harbour Lights Family a very safe and happy holiday season. From very cold Upstate New York.

Patty & Mike

lkeasyliving
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 06:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lkeasyliving   Click Here to Email lkeasyliving     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmass to all HL nuts and addicts

From the city of BIG RED and the Tulip Festival
Holland Mich.
Larry & Kathy

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 12-01-2000 06:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I dug the tree out of the Forum's basement from it's storage since last Christmas. It just took a little dusting off, and it's as good as new once again (although one bulb burned out). Now in it's 3rd year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

+
|
/*\
/*|*\
/*/*\*\
/*/*|*\*\
/*/*/*\*\*\
/*/*/*|*\*\*\
/*/*/*/*\*\*\*\
/*/*/*/*|*\*\*\*\
/*/*/*/*/*\*\*\*\*\
/*/*/*/*/*|*\*\*\*\*\
!!
!!

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL & SAFE HOLIDAY
...AND YOU RECEIVE ALL THE HL'S YOU WISHED FOR

It's been a wonderful year keeping in touch with everyone, as well as making many new friends on the wonderful world of the 'net. Let's hope next year will be as friendly and prosperous as this one. A big thank you to John and the HL family for providing this top notch site for all of us to share in our favorite hobby.

-In a holiday mood from northeast Ohio

Rod Watson
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-01-2000).]

SThompson
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 09:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 12-03-2000).]

RoyMcB
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 10:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RoyMcB   Click Here to Email RoyMcB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From the Show Me State of Missouri Carolyn & I would like to wish you & yours a Joyous Holiday Season & a Prosperus New Year. Looking forward to seeing all of you in 2001.

------------------
Roy & Carolyn

Mike Thompson
WACKO

posted 12-01-2000 10:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Thompson   Click Here to Email Mike Thompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico and from a transplanted Tarheel. Best wishes for the years to come.

Mike

RRohweder
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 12:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for RRohweder   Click Here to Email RRohweder     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays to all of you from the Golden State of California. I was born in Michigan, grew up in Ohio and have never been able to resolve the crisis of being from both of those places, so moved to CA.

Rest assured that it will not be a "White Christmas" here. Probably very wet though.

Rich

------------------

TD
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 12:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for TD   Click Here to Email TD     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas to everyone who becomes a kid at Christmas when you see a lighthouse. From Minnesota to all my fellow Harbour Lights Collectors, I hope the upcoming year brings you health and happiness to you and your families.

TD

Terry

chris g
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 04:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for chris g   Click Here to Email chris g     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greetings from the state of Missouri, where we are receiving our first snow of the year! I was born and raised in Illinois and visit home often, so I send Holiday wishes from there as well!

chris g

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-02-2000 09:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Have a very Happy
Hoosier-like
Holiday Season!

Mr&MrsSaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-02-2000 10:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Merry Christmas from Arizona

0 :>) St. John of the Internet

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-02-2000).]

keeperpam2

posted 12-02-2000 02:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for keeperpam2   Click Here to Email keeperpam2     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greetings from Janesville, WI....... A very Merry Christmas and joyous New Year to HL, St John and ALLLLLL of the wonderful lighthouse lovers!! And, to all the very talented posters and your art work. I am green with envy!
God Bless everyone!
Pam

Randy Kremer
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 02:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year from Southwest Ohio! Also, to a New Century and a New Millennium! Now these two will be official!(not last Jan. 1)

Bob, I "feel your pain" with your new Senator! (better you than me!) Look out in four years!

TDSimpson
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 03:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TDSimpson   Click Here to Email TDSimpson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays to all from the breezy and cold Northcoast of Ohio.

Tom & Diane

Lonnie Davidson
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 03:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lonnie Davidson   Click Here to Email Lonnie Davidson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

from the
"FIRST STATE"
DELAWARE

Lonnie, Colleen, & Brittany

JKevin

posted 12-02-2000 04:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JKevin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From the great Commonwealth of VA with the first License plates for lighthouses,Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and may visions of future lights fill your nights and Santa is good to everyone.
Kevin

TheLightkeeper
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 06:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TheLightkeeper   Click Here to Email TheLightkeeper     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas from the Hudson River Valley in upstate New york.
December 1946 Saturday Evening Post cover

For a larger version go to:
http://members.aol.com/thelightkeeper/HappyHolidays.html
1941 Christmas Seal artwork

Which looked like this:

"TheLightkeeper"

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 12-02-2000 07:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays and a Very Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone.

Joanne
Orlando, Central Florida

Nana
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 09:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MERRY CHRISTMAS HARBOUR LIGHTS FRIENDS!!!

From the state of FL where you have to turn on the air conditioner on Christmas Day, a wish for a most blessed holiday season. May you all be safe and surrounded by ones you love.

A Thought For CHRISTMAS

Do you know what would have happened
If it had been Three Wise Women
Instead of Three Wise Men?

They would have asked directions,
Arrived on time,
Helped deliver the baby,
Cleaned the stable,
Made a casserole (with extra cheese),
Brought practical gifts and
There would be Peace on Earth.

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 12-02-2000).]

DocJ44
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 10:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DocJ44   Click Here to Email DocJ44     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas from the Mountain State...and no its not Colorado, its West Virginia! My Christmas wish is to have a lighthouse in West Virginia. I mean its a beautiful state, but with a lighthouse it really would be "Almost Heaven!"

Doc John

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 12-02-2000 11:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from Madison, Wisconsin!

The State of Wisconsin is home to more than 45 lighthouses! Wisconsin is home of Door County, the county with more lighthouses (10), more miles of shoreline (250), and more state parks (5) than any county in the contiguoius United States!

[This message has been edited by Suzanne Murphy (edited 12-02-2000).]

Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 12-03-2000 09:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM INDIANA!

TERRY BARFIELD
WACKO

posted 12-03-2000 01:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TERRY BARFIELD   Click Here to Email TERRY BARFIELD     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas
From North Carolina

terry

Brent
WACKO

posted 12-03-2000 05:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brent   Click Here to Email Brent     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From the land of Cape Henry, Assateague, and Old Point Comfort to the Blue Ridge Mountains......I would like to wish ALL Harbour Lights Collectors and Their Families the VERY BEST OF HOLIDAYS AND A WONDERFUL & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!!!

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 12-03-2000).]

Tom and Joyce Abbott
WACKO

posted 12-03-2000 06:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tom and Joyce Abbott   Click Here to Email Tom and Joyce Abbott     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from Texas, the Lone Star State and home of President-Elect George W. Bush.

------------------
Tom & Joyce

[This message has been edited by Tom and Joyce Abbott (edited 12-05-2000).]

RFoster
WACKO

posted 12-03-2000 09:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RFoster   Click Here to Email RFoster     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron & Mary Jane

2beacons

posted 12-03-2000 11:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 2beacons   Click Here to Email 2beacons     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
To all the great collectors of Harbour Lights:

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR!!

We are halfway between the home of Big Red and the Grand Haven lights in the Winter Wonderland of Michigan.

Jeff and Mary

Gayle M

posted 12-04-2000 10:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gayle M   Click Here to Email Gayle M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from the state of Washington.

Hal Dean
WACKO

posted 12-04-2000 11:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Hal Dean   Click Here to Email Hal Dean     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from the Free State (Maryland) and the host state for the Harbour Lights Reunion 2001.
Hal and Betty

NiagaraLady
WACKO

posted 12-05-2000 07:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for NiagaraLady   Click Here to Email NiagaraLady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Season's Greetings HL Collectors from
snowy Western New York where we know Santa gets around on a sleigh bearing tiny lighthouses in blue boxes......
Carol & John

TheFlame
WACKO

posted 12-07-2000 07:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for TheFlame   Click Here to Email TheFlame     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Holidays from New Hampshire.

Augie & Lisa

The Flame

JohnL
WACKO

posted 12-07-2000 11:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JohnL   Click Here to Email JohnL     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A very Merry Christmas to all and a safe and Happy New Year from the State of Florida (still a New Yorker at heart though )

John

Keri_B

posted 12-07-2000 11:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Keri_B   Click Here to Email Keri_B     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas Everyone!

**From Connecticut with snowflake wishes and fireside dreams**

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Keri

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-08-2000 10:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I did this count in a hurry so it should be correct, but in this year of recounts feel free.

Updated to include responses below this post also.... the states responding are:
1. Arizona
2. California
3. Colorado
4. Connecticut
5. Delaware
6. Florida
7. Georgia
8. Illinois
9. Indiana
10. Kentucky
11. Louisiana
12. Maine
13. Maryland
14. Massachusetts
15. Michigan
16. Minnesota
17. Missouri
18. New Hampshire
19. New Jersey
20. New Mexico
21. New York
22. North Carolina
23. Ohio
24. Pennsylvania
25. South Carolina
26. Tennessee
27. Texas
28. Utah
29. Virginia
30. Washington
31. West Virginia
32. Wisconsin

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
to update the list of states............

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 12-12-2000).]

Cana Fan
WACKO

posted 12-08-2000 01:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Cana Fan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Proud to be the first from Illinois to wish everyone Happy Holidays and wishes for a safe New Year, so we can meet you all in October!

From just outside snowy (finally) Chicago

Mike & Patti
God Bless

[This message has been edited by Cana Fan (edited 12-08-2000).]

CarolZ
WACKO

posted 12-08-2000 01:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CarolZ   Click Here to Email CarolZ     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas from New Jersey!!!!!

sunshine
WACKO

posted 12-08-2000 01:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas from Missouri. May you all enjoy a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.

Judy

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 12-08-2000 05:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seasons Greetings from Greenwell Springs, Louisiana home of "The King" of our household, Chieu Le.

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 12-08-2000 10:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great minds think alike, Paul. As of this post we've heard from 32 different states. I guess the readers of the CF have the entire US pretty well covered. It's great to see the HL Family of Friends stretched out over the entire nation and not just along the coastal states.

Bob

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 12-10-2000 12:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dashing through the snow
The snowplow makes its way.

O'er the roads he goes
Laughing all the way.

Your mailbox I will ring.
It will sure take flight.

What fun it is to ride and sing a plowing song tonight!

Oh,

Let it snow.
Let it snow.
Let it snow today.
Overtime is what I'll see when I get my pay.

Lake Effect
Lake Effect
causes it they say.
Oh what fun it is to wish you all a Merry Christmas Day!

Jim Johnston
WACKO

posted 12-10-2000 01:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Johnston   Click Here to Email Jim Johnston     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Happy holidays from North Point Lighthouse in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

A Merry Christmas to everyone in the Collectors Forum. Remember after all the glitter & presents past that the ture reason the we celebrate Christmas is for the birth of our Savior Jesus.

Jim & Joan Johnston & family

psuchew

posted 12-12-2000 12:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for psuchew   Click Here to Email psuchew     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seasons Greetings from a windy Pennsylvania.

Matt

Jake
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-2000 07:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jake   Click Here to Email Jake     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, yet another MERRY CHRISTMAS from Indiana! And, this seems to be the most successful post ver on this forum! I'm closing it (over 50) and am opening a new one.

Stephen

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers