The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Personal Time
  Virtual Holiday Greeting!!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Virtual Holiday Greeting!!
engbrady
Saint

posted 12-22-1999 07:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have been working on this virtual reality greeting card... Holiday Best Wishes from the Brady’s! If you click "just right" on the Portland Head LE Harbour Lights lighthouse in the picture below, the lighthouse might just pop through the screen of your monitor, so be ready to catch it.

Well back to the virtual drawing board, maybe I can get it working by the holidays next year.

Since we couldn’t share our Portland LE with you, we would like to share the best lighthouse picture posted on the forums this year. My wife’s godson (Ty) stopped by the Brady home today, with his mom (Karen) and older brother (Kyle). He presented Sue (my wife) with a very special gift that we would like to share with all of our Harbour Lights friends.

It just doesn’t get any better than that! By the way Ty is 6 years old.... it looks as though we have another lover of lighthouses in the making!!

Mr&MrsSaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 12-23-1999 10:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The art from Ty is so neat St. Paul. You and Sue are indeed blessed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-23-1999 01:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P.S. Sue said maybe that the pictures TY drew maybe Christmas trees, I told her they are lighthouses and I know West Quoddy's tower when I see it.

Been there, done that and have the sweatshirt. Besides a Christmas tree is a lighthouse, the star on top represents the star that guided people's way to the baby Jesus. That sounds like a lighthouse to me, the ultimate one!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 12-23-1999 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Startin' them young Paul. - good job!

I guess you didn't expect us to notice your Colt jacket?

Ty's got it Paul, it's a Birthday Celebration!

TheLightkeeper
WACKO

posted 12-23-1999 07:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TheLightkeeper   Click Here to Email TheLightkeeper     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Click,click,click
click---click,click
click,click------click
click
Gee--Thanks Paul!!!

There really is a Santa Claus
Merry Christmas--Paul

"TheLightkeeper"

[This message has been edited by TheLightkeeper (edited 12-23-99).]

drwhok9
WACKO

posted 12-23-1999 07:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for drwhok9   Click Here to Email drwhok9     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beautiful Pictures - Beautiful Thoughts

That is what this time of year is all about.

Thank You for sharing.

------------------
Jim

Dr. Who ?

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 12-23-1999 09:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lightkeeper, I'm wiping away the tears from laughing so hard. Well done!

Joanne

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-23-1999 10:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Were you able to catch it when it came through your screen, Mike?

By the way, does anybody know what it feels like to stand on the sidewalk next to a major street... in the middle of Winter wearing a Hawaiian lighthouse shirt, a Colts jacket and a "Colts win the Eastern Division Championship" hat while holding a lighthouse in front of a street sign (St Paul & Raymond St)? I was receiving a lot of incredulous looks.

I better watch doing this because somebody might think I am a Wacko.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

P.S. Sue got the honor of shooting this Wacko Lighthousing picture like she did with the Chesapeake Lighthousing picture. Maybe a second career in the offing!!

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 12-23-1999 11:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, they don't call us Wacko for nothing, Paul.

Sue can be the next photographer and Ty can be the next Mark Sherman!

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 12-24-1999 12:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great giftgiving idea Paul! Mike beat me to the sculpture, but I really liked the Colts hat. Thanks alot!
....anyone need a nice coat?

Paul minus hat (and hair)

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-24-1999 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the hair, Rod! Did you plant that when you grabbed the hat?

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 12-24-1999 01:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Your welcome Paul. My gift to you. It's not much now, but keep an eye on it through the year and watch it grow! Merry Christmas.

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 12-24-1999 02:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WoW - our first Chia Saint. Looks like he's in a pretty rough virtual neighborhood. Stand there much longer and the next photo might be, uh, over exposed. LoL!

All of which goes to say, if your team has Lindy Infante as its coach, have heart - the *next* coach's team will make it to the playoffs! (believe me, I should know).

Merry Christmas,
__
/im (If anyone sees a PH GLOW on eBay without a box...)

Todd Shorkey
WACKO

posted 12-24-1999 04:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Shorkey   Click Here to Email Todd Shorkey     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Now if Raymond would have been standing behind you getting his picture taken (whomever Raymond actually is), you could have gotten him to take the picture and had Sue in the shot with you. Then again, Raymond could have taken the camera instead of the picture....

-Todd

Derith Bennett
unregistered

posted 12-24-1999 06:09 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Everyone deserves at least one Christmas chuckle. Thanks gents for providing me with mine.
Derith

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 12-24-1999 09:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
....anyone need a nice coat?

Rod, I can find the jacket around here, but wouldn't mind the shirt if you can help. lol.

Dave

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-25-1999 04:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Go ahead and keep the hat Rod, I got a better one for Christmas. No clicking!!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 12-24-2000 06:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, it took me a year to catch Paul off guard but I finally got the coat !

Looks like I got his over shirt too![This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 12-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 12-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 12-24-2000).]

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers