The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Anchor Bay Great Ships
  This Forum Has Been Dead LONG ENOUGH!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   This Forum Has Been Dead LONG ENOUGH!
JChidester
Saint

posted 05-30-2001 10:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you were at the chat tonight, you would have seen a NEW Anchor Bay to be introduced at the Chicago show. The USCG Cutter Tybee.

Expected to sell without a glass case. It's shown on the cover of a 'new introductions' brochure.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 05-30-2001).]

engbrady
Saint

posted 05-30-2001 10:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Long Live Anchor Bay!!!
Or as Al Albert would say....

Yes........!!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

2beacons
WACKO

posted 05-30-2001 10:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 2beacons   Click Here to Email 2beacons     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
One word

COOL!!!!!!!!

2beacons

Hal Dean
WACKO

posted 05-30-2001 11:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Hal Dean   Click Here to Email Hal Dean     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Love it. Hope Harbour Lights will come out with one of those 180 foot buoy tenders that serviced lighthouses and lightships as well as buoys.
Hal

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2001 12:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Very nice indeed. I will surely purchase one of these! Chiming in with Hal, how about a black hull such as a 180' WLB (Ocean Going Buoy Tender)? Seems to me it would go along with the theme of lighthouses just a bit better. IMHO

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2001 07:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stunning! I have not purchased any of the other Anchor Bay pieces, but this one I will
have to consider.

Derith

bright eyes
WACKO

posted 05-31-2001 07:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for bright eyes   Click Here to Email bright eyes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NOW...that's cool!!!!!

SThompson
Saint

posted 05-31-2001 08:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson   Click Here to Email SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I can't wait to get one. It looks great! John, is there any indication of what the edition size will be? If it's at 4,000 some of us not purchasing autoship pieces may want to call a dealer to get on the list for it.

Thanks for not giving up your ships Harry!!!!

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2001 08:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm with Hal & Torchie on this one:

Here's a link to one of the vessels they're referring to:
http://www.uscg.mil/d17/sedge/sedgewelcome.htm

Here's another showing an older boat as well as lots of info on lighthouse tenders from way back:
http://www.cr.nps.gov/maritime/nhl/fir.htm

Actually one of the old steam powered tenders would be neat. The lighthouses are old, why not have an old boat to compliment them?

Here's one more with the history of the lighthouse tender:
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/h_bouys.html

[This message has been edited by mombo (edited 05-31-2001).]

Rrronne
WACKO

posted 05-31-2001 09:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rrronne   Click Here to Email Rrronne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WOW. I say again, WOW. I can't wait to get this one.

------------------
Randall Ronne

SThompson
Saint

posted 05-31-2001 11:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson   Click Here to Email SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Here you go Derith, I had to pull out the salty old photo albums and blow the dust off.

This is a photo of the USCGC TYBEE (WPB 1330) being launched at Bolinger Shipyard, LA. The cutter behind the TYBEE is USCGC SITKINAK (WPB 1329).

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 06-09-2001).]

Randy Kremer
WACKO

posted 05-31-2001 12:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Looks like another great addition! I have them all and this one is another must have!

TDSimpson
WACKO

posted 05-31-2001 02:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TDSimpson   Click Here to Email TDSimpson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sign me up. I will have to start making room for this one.

engbrady
Saint

posted 05-31-2001 03:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Tybee Trivia

SaintWackoPaul'
Keep the Flame

Gary Toth
WACKO

posted 05-31-2001 05:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Toth   Click Here to Email Gary Toth     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Out of curiosity, will there be a glass case available to purchase seperately?

wilsonj3
WACKO

posted 05-31-2001 08:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wilsonj3     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In addition to Gary's question, I was wondering if the size of this piece will be the same as the other Anchor Bays?

If a display case is available, I would buy it. What do the rest of you think?

Jack Wilson

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 06-01-2001 05:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Looks like I'll be adding another AB to the collection. I would hope that a display case will be available for it.

Bob

Walt Mills
Registered Member

posted 06-01-2001 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Walt Mills   Click Here to Email Walt Mills     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The new addition looks great. Can wait for it to be released.
Walt

engbrady
Saint

posted 06-01-2001 09:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The word is that....

No display case will be available through Harbour Lights. The piece measures a little over 3" Tall x 9" Long.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Cana Fan
WACKO

posted 06-04-2001 09:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Cana Fan   Click Here to Email Cana Fan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anything mentioned about price yet?

Mike

JChidester
Saint

posted 06-09-2001 12:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
More on the Anchor Bay ship. It is AB111, a 110 Island Class patrol boat. The number coincides the the Tybee, but HL says it's more of a generic version of the class.

The price is $75 and a glass case will not be available. A 4,000 limited edition.

SThompson
Saint

posted 06-10-2001 06:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson   Click Here to Email SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
$75.00, Wow, Awesome pricing!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 06-10-2001).]

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 06-11-2001 06:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This is another example of Harbour Lights listening to their collectors via this forum. It seems the main complaint about the Anchor Bay line was affordability. If they continue to produce future boats in a price range comparable to the retail prices of their lighthouses, the AB line will experience a rebirth in popularity. This should also increase the interest in the older AB's.

Thanks for listening, Harbour Lights!

Bob

mci1231
WACKO

posted 06-12-2001 04:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mci1231   Click Here to Email mci1231     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
$75.00........I'll be anxious to see what affect this will have on sales. I have all the previous ones but admit they seemed pricey compared to the lights. Anyone know if they plan on more introductions at this price point beyound this release?

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2001 06:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I don't know what HL has planned for future AB's, but I like the pricing on this one!

Bob

oseabee
Cruise Director

posted 06-13-2001 08:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I for one have not gotten any AB's yet but would surely get a couple if they put out Nantucket and the old Hornbeam,buoy tender out of Woods Hole MA.in the good old days 1950's.The only reason I passed so far is space.I do have 3 life saving stations but the don't take up as much room.Bill O'Brien

[This message has been edited by oseabee (edited 06-13-2001).]

Gary Toth
WACKO

posted 06-18-2001 07:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Toth   Click Here to Email Gary Toth     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I was excited to see Harbour Lights coming out with another Anchor Bay offering even if it is without a case. Mo told us officially it is not a Coast Guard Cutter but was a Patrol Boat. Could one of our Coast Guard experts explain the difference? No matter what it is I was thrilled to see it in Chicago. I'm going to have Gary start making a case for the piece.

Kay

SThompson
Saint

posted 06-18-2001 08:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson   Click Here to Email SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Gary, I think Mo has been challenged with the concept of a Coast Guard Cutter. Any Coast Guard Vessel 65 feet or longer is a Coast Guard Cutter. The Tybee is a Patrol Boat and it is also a Cutter. A strawberry might be a strawberry but it can also be a fruit, right?

LOL

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 06-19-2001 12:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
But a strawberry can never be a raspberry!
(You had to be there for this one! )

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 06-19-2001 05:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Sue, ... In this day and age, you never know. LOL

Bob

Daniel
WACKO

posted 09-16-2001 08:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel   Click Here to Email Daniel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Has any one heard when the USCG Cutter Tybee will be shipping?

Daniel

RIP Puls
Registered Member

posted 09-19-2001 05:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RIP Puls   Click Here to Email RIP Puls     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ships are just GREAT!!!!Even ones sailed by
our little brothers,I have several of the Lightships and this one will be in my collection.

JChidester
Saint

posted 09-19-2001 06:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My "usually reliable source" says the Patrol Boat should arrive in port (San Diego) about Reunion Time. Ship to dealers after that.

John

Gary Toth
WACKO

posted 09-25-2001 01:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Toth   Click Here to Email Gary Toth     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anchor Bay ships draws me to them like the sea does to sailors. They are my favorite items produced by Harbour Lights. I can't seem to read enough about ships and the sea.

"Unaware that they stood on the brink of eternity, the crew of the Edmund Fitzgerald shared a bond that has always made brothers of sailors, and for that matter, of lighthouse keepers. They were men caught in the grip of the sea." Quote By Ray Jones

The movie, Perfect Storm, showed that to be correct. People who were hostile to each other on land became brothers on the turbulent sea.

Thank God Almighty for storms in our lives. It seems to bring out the best in every human He created.

Kay Toth

thebigtuna
Registered Member

posted 09-27-2001 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for thebigtuna     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I do not like the Anchor Bay Collection! Mike has all whole line and they take up too much space. I like the lighthouses much better

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers