The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Latest Models
  Lighthouse Digest shows some new releases

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Lighthouse Digest shows some new releases
Dick Johnson
WACKO

posted 06-04-2002 07:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dick Johnson   Click Here to Email Dick Johnson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On the back cover of the latest issue of Lighthouse Digest it shows some new releases. In addition to the 4th Order Lens, there is #279 Turkey Point, #AB114 SUCG Rigid Hull, and #LL216 Sanible Island. I will be looking forward to Turkey Point as we were able to visit the lighthouse after the reunion last year. Also it is hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you can see the spiral stairs inside the lighthouse.

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 06-04-2002 08:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the update Dick! Hopefully mine will arrive in a few days! Can't wait to see the new releases!!!!

Larry
WACKO

posted 06-04-2002 08:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Larry   Click Here to Email Larry     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turkey Point: http://www.lhdepot.com/Order.cfm?orderitem=42279

USCG Rigid Hull Inflatable: http://www.lhdepot.com/Order.cfm?orderitem=43114

Oh man...On my limited budget, I collect Maryland and Delaware lights and the lenses. I just ordered my 4th order lens. Now I need to drum up some more light money for Turkey Point!

Turkey Point looks nice. It looks like the oil house is hiding behind the tree. I would have liked to have seen them do it on a big cliff, like Split Rock. But I can't be too picky now, can I?

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 06-04-2002 10:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turkey Point doesn't look like a "turkey!" It should be a real winner! Nice job once again Harbour Lights! Excellent detail on this one also!

mombo
Saint

posted 06-05-2002 11:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I received my copy of the Lighthouse Digest today Dick and see what you mean about seeing inside the tower. When you look at the picture of the piece on their website, however, it just looks like a "normal" tower.

Chesapeake Bryan
Cruise Director

posted 06-07-2002 05:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Chesapeake Bryan   Click Here to Email Chesapeake Bryan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I went to order the new fresnel lens from my dealer today and he happened to have a copy of the new broshure feautruring the new releases.

Turkey point is really cool looking. Not only can you see the spiral stairs, but also the entire enterior. Part of the lighthouse is hinged and can be opened like a door to reveal the entire inside of the lighthouse.

In my opinion, I think this is a really neat use of a new technology that HL has not used before and it definitely makes Turkey Point stand out.

mombo
Saint

posted 06-07-2002 08:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aha, so that's the story, very clever indeed. It sounds to me like we've probably come to the end of "more bang for your buck". What with the new lens, the lit screwpile Minot's and now the hinged tower it's beginning to sound like more "buck for the bang"!?

lkeasyliving
WACKO

posted 06-07-2002 08:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lkeasyliving   Click Here to Email lkeasyliving     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm going to have to get a second job for this addiction I have.
Larry

Bob M
Saint

posted 06-08-2002 06:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Speaking of more "bang for the buck", I just received the Summer version of Fort Tompkins to add to the Spring version, and these pieces for $59 each is the best buy in town.

Bob

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 06-08-2002 10:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Right you are Bob! I picked up my summer version yesterday! Another good one, but to be honest, I'm looking more forward to getting the fall and winter versions! They look very interesting with Halloween in the fall and the snow in the winter![This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 06-08-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers