The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

Thread Closed  Thread Closed
UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Latest Models
  New Fresnel Lenses Have Arrived !

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   New Fresnel Lenses Have Arrived !
capelookout

posted 04-19-2002 09:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for capelookout   Click Here to Email capelookout     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just received the two new Fresnel Lenses from
Lighthouse Depot. Most excellent!!!

------------------
Chuck Wilson

[This message has been edited by capelookout (edited 04-19-2002).]

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 04-19-2002 12:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Welcome to the forums Chuck! Great news! Now maybe they will start making it around the rest of the country!

[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 04-19-2002).]

Larry
WACKO

posted 04-19-2002 01:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Larry   Click Here to Email Larry     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just received an email from my wife. My Fresnels arrived from LHD today as well. I can't wait to get home!

Received #'s 1914 & 1945

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 04-19-2002).]

DMancini
WACKO

posted 04-19-2002 07:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DMancini     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Received the Clam Shell today.

One word: AWESOME!!

------------------
Diane

cavevader
WACKO

posted 04-19-2002 09:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cavevader   Click Here to Email cavevader     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Oh Boy, My mouth is watering ! I can't wait!!

Here comes the UPS guy....

Christopher

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-20-2002 06:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well this is great news! I haven't heard from my dealer yet, but I suspect it won't be much longer!

Bob

LamarB
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 09:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm waiting to hear from my dealer, too. What an exciting addition to my collection!

ddaniels
WACKO

posted 04-20-2002 10:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ddaniels   Click Here to Email ddaniels     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wondering if all came from Lighthouse Depot?
Are they the first dealer to have them? They must get a huge number of autoships. I'm hoping mine get to my St. Louis dealer soon!
Dave

chris g
WACKO

posted 04-21-2002 03:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for chris g   Click Here to Email chris g     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow- I hope to get mine soon too. Even my kids have been asking about them (does this make them wacko like their mother????).
Can hardly wait to see it in person...

chris g

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 04-21-2002 10:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Still not in Cincinnati.

Does Lighthouse Depot have some kinda pull? (LOL)

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 07:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
You can view an animation of the Clamshell light flashing at:
http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/2002/hl_clamshell_fresnel.htm

Paul L. Brady photograph!

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 09:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That picture is so cool! Nice job, Mr. Brady!

Bob

P.S. I have a suspicion JC had something to do with this...

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 09:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul does the heavy lifting - I just have to link to the page.

0 :>)

mombo
Saint

posted 04-21-2002 09:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow, when they said these would be lighted I never thought about flashing. Maybe I should put it down on the dock and see how many boats I can attract? I'll wait for a really nice one.

AZlightkeeper
WACKO

posted 04-21-2002 10:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AZlightkeeper   Click Here to Email AZlightkeeper     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow, that is a cool pic!!!! Thx

BGBaccaro

posted 04-22-2002 06:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BGBaccaro   Click Here to Email BGBaccaro     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Fresnel lenses arrived, and they are just spectacular. They rate a "WOW!" They'll make a great addition to my collection.

Bruce

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 04-22-2002 06:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great picture Paul, at least I can look at it! Haven't see any around here yet!

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My Fresnel lenses arrived today! WOW! They are beautiful! Spectacular! What kind of bulb do they take? There are no directions.

Suzanne Murphy

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-22-2002 07:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I believe the bulb is included, though the batteries are not. Look at holes in the Styrofoam and you should see a tiny plastic bag with the bulb inside.

Takes 2 AA batteries.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 04-22-2002).]

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 08:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I found the bulbs. They take two AA batteries. It looks great lit up!

Suzanne

TERRY BARFIELD
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 08:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TERRY BARFIELD   Click Here to Email TERRY BARFIELD     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I was looking at the animation...... the next thing I know, its an hour later. Very hypnotic!!! ;^)

terry

rynomatt
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 09:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rynomatt   Click Here to Email rynomatt     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I got mine today also! YEA! It looks like one light blinks on and off and the other one just stays on. Is that right??
They look WONDERFUL!! I want more, when are the next ones coming??!

bright eyes
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 09:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bright eyes   Click Here to Email bright eyes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Got the call today, and ours are on their way to us.....yippee!

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-22-2002 09:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryanomatt - both lights flashed. Anybody else confirm this?

engbrady
Saint

posted 04-22-2002 09:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Third Order Beehive Fresnel Lens Doesn't Flash.....

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 04-23-2002).]

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 10:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, only my clamshell flashes. The 3rd order lens I got does not flash.

Suzanne Murphy

Larry
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 10:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Larry   Click Here to Email Larry     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mine are like Suzanne's. Only the clamshell flashes.

rynomatt
WACKO

posted 04-22-2002 10:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rynomatt   Click Here to Email rynomatt     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Suzanne Murphy:
Well, only my clamshell flashes. The 3rd order lens I got does not flash.

Suzanne Murphy

same with mine- ugh, I hope there is nothing wrong with it!

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-22-2002 11:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul and I have seen the same piece - an AP. I've asked for an answer from on high.

Perhaps the AP of the Beehive used the same electronics as the Clamshell for the APs only. Anybody know if Big Bay light really flashes?

John

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 04-22-2002).]

greatlakes1944

posted 04-22-2002 11:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for greatlakes1944   Click Here to Email greatlakes1944     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Looks like just the blinking mechanism(large bulb)while the small bulb does not.I confirmed this by switching bulbs between both lens.Any other ideas?

Bob

JChidester
Saint

posted 04-23-2002 12:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Welcome to the Forums, Bob! Glad to have you aboard.

So you're saying it is the BULB that flashes?

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 04-23-2002 12:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yes, it is the bulb that flashes!

Suzanne Murphy

Bob M
Saint

posted 04-23-2002 06:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Very interesting...

Do we have a variation, flashing versus non-flashing? We've waited so long for these lenses, I hope there isn't going to be a recall. Are the bulbs a "standard" type bulb you can purchase in any electrical store?

Bob

Randy Kremer
Cruise Director

posted 04-23-2002 12:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
They both look great!

Hey Mombo, it's been a few days, did your ship come in yet!?! (LOL)

engbrady
Saint

posted 04-23-2002 07:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harbour Lights states that the Clamshell flashes and the Beehive doesn't flash....

AZlightkeeper
WACKO

posted 04-23-2002 08:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AZlightkeeper   Click Here to Email AZlightkeeper     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you could only afford one right now (like me), which one would you get? I'm leaning toward the beehive.....any suggestions?

Also,Bummed to find out two of the three dealers by me are no longer carrying HL

[This message has been edited by AZlightkeeper (edited 04-23-2002).]

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-23-2002 11:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JChidester:
So you're saying it is the BULB that flashes?

If you think about it, the way you make your Christmas lights flash is by inserting the flasher bulb into the first socket. Then the set will blink. I would bet this is similar technology.

Dave

fl_light

posted 04-24-2002 02:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fl_light     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

to make along story short.....
called lighthouse depot, first round of lighthouses have been shipped (they are backordered again). Lighthouse Depot will not receive another shipment until the end of May. I am not to expect the lenses until June. Darn, I was so excited!

R Stam

posted 04-24-2002 05:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for R Stam   Click Here to Email R Stam     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Got the call today - both of mine are on the way. YIPEE.

Anybody find out yet where to get an extra clamshell bulb to make them both flash?

Roger

anniemac

posted 04-24-2002 07:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for anniemac   Click Here to Email anniemac     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey, fl_light........

they're DEFINITELY worth the wait! Just got mine yesterday, and am going to investigate the flash vs non-flash phenomena. I built a kit lighthouse that came with 2 different bulbs - one that flashes and one that doesn't, so I "know" they're out there somewhere!

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 04-24-2002 07:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The lenses have made it to Texas! They were well worth the wait. I ordered from LH Depot this time. My regular dealer still doesn't have them. I'll be spending my evening rearranging lighthouses...these really need to be front and center. Terry

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 04-24-2002 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
According to WWW.TerryPepper.com/light/superior/bigbay/bigbay.htm the Big Bay lens flashes every 20 seconds due to rotating bulls eye in the lens. I'll have to search out another flashing light bulb. How is everyone displaying these new lenses? I have mine on either side of the original 5th order.
Terry

[This message has been edited by TexasLights (edited 04-24-2002).]

mombo
Saint

posted 04-24-2002 08:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
According to this Big Bay Point Light was changed from non-flashing to flashing:
http://www.terrypepper.com/lights/superior/bigbay/bigbay.htm

TexasLights
WACKO

posted 04-24-2002 08:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TexasLights   Click Here to Email TexasLights     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great minds think alike!

capelookout

posted 04-25-2002 03:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for capelookout   Click Here to Email capelookout     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Think I've found a source for the flashing bulbs. Should have them by the first of the
week. This is like finding a needle in a haystack. As soon as I'm sure it's the right
one, I'll post the contact info.

chris g
WACKO

posted 04-25-2002 04:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for chris g   Click Here to Email chris g     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Fresnels have arrived in the Midwest!
Got a call from my dealer today and was over there to pick them up in a "flash" (But I haven't tried mine out yet to see if they flash). They are both quite impressive, but my favorite is the clamshell. The clerks in the store were quite impressed with them too.
Now to buy another curio cabinet.....

chris g

Weasel58
WACKO

posted 04-25-2002 06:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Weasel58   Click Here to Email Weasel58     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well the lens have made Tampa. Got mine today.

Medicman
WACKO

posted 04-26-2002 01:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Medicman   Click Here to Email Medicman     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
"Old Betsie" the mule the local mailman uses isn't walking as fast as she use to.... The lenses haven't made it here yet.
I noticed them being on ebay already I'll wait alittle longer for my local dealer to get them in. I'm only getting the clamshell.

Kyujin

posted 04-26-2002 09:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kyujin   Click Here to Email Kyujin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I was so surprised to walk into a store and find both lens. I bought them both as quick as I could and still can't believe I have them.

Chesapeake Bryan
Cruise Director

posted 04-26-2002 09:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Chesapeake Bryan   Click Here to Email Chesapeake Bryan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Picked up the two lenses today at my dealer. Both lenses are great! All three lenses sure do look nice together....

fl_light

posted 04-26-2002 10:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fl_light     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gee, I'm beginning to think I made a mistake ordering these through LHD. I haven't checked the local dealers yet but I'm stuck with the Depot anyhow. I don't think I'll do that again. I put my order in back in Mid November...Anybody else having the same problem that ordered from LH Depot?

Dave H
Saint

posted 04-26-2002 11:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thread has reached 50, so it will continue here.

Dave

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers