The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Latest Models
  Fresnel delay

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Fresnel delay
easya
WACKO

posted 08-09-2000 10:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for easya   Click Here to Email easya     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I had been told by The Lighthouse Depot that a Fresnel would be shipped to me in mid-August. I received a postcard today that it would be on back order until mid September.
Has anyone heard of production delays on this model?
Joe

rynomatt

posted 08-09-2000 11:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rynomatt   Click Here to Email rynomatt     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GASP!!!!!!! say it isn't so!!!!!!!

Brent
WACKO

posted 08-10-2000 06:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brent   Click Here to Email Brent     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yep.....I've heard the same thing but, then again, its happened before so I've just learned to "grin and bare it"....

Ned Fenimore
WACKO

posted 08-10-2000 05:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ned Fenimore   Click Here to Email Ned Fenimore     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A question, still be rather new to collecting. I finally located a dealer that has reserved an HL631 for me, but in the course of looking, one dealer offered one at a considerable amount over MSRP. Is this common place this early in the game? I'm just curious more than anything.

Thanks,

Ned

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 08-10-2000 05:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe... I got the same card you did the other day, along with several others announcing a delay of shipment of the fall editions. I called another large HL distributor who has no word as to a ship date as well. Patience is not one of my finer qualities. LOL

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

JChidester
Saint

posted 08-10-2000 07:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Word is out from the crew in El Cajon. Fresnel will be delayed a bit.

The 'Official' word is that shipping will begin late September or early October, but my usually reliable source says expect 'em in stores before September is over.

HL's plan is still to move all 4,000 to dealers shelves in a comparatively quick period of time. That will please dealers and collectors alike.

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 08-11-2000 12:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John - any cause given for the delay?

Joe Withers

posted 08-31-2000 02:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Withers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JUST TALKED WITH HL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY INDICATED THAT THE FRESNEL LENS WILL NOT SHIP TILL THE END OF "NOVEMBER"

oseabee

posted 09-27-2000 10:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am getting antsy waiting for my copy of
the lens,but on the other hand evry company
producing replicas is in the same boat,wait,
wait,wait.I know the wait will be worth it.
oseabee

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 09-27-2000 11:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Welcome to the forums oseabee! It must be that the lens is going to make it's grand appearance together with Sister(s) Island. You think you've been waiting a long time for a piece to show up!

Brent
WACKO

posted 09-27-2000 12:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brent   Click Here to Email Brent     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.....a marketing masterpiece!!!!

lkeasyliving
WACKO

posted 09-27-2000 04:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lkeasyliving   Click Here to Email lkeasyliving     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
But I don't want to wait anymore
I WANT MY LENS!!!!!
Larry

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 09-27-2000 05:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
"All comes to those who wait". I'm still waiting for the last 6 LEs.

Bob

JChidester
Saint

posted 10-02-2000 07:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I stand corrected.

Harbour Lights today said standing orders for Fresnel will ship about mid-October with all of the lenses off to dealers by mid-November.

Only explanation -- the manufacturer has been shipping small quantities for a while now.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers