The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Nothing To Do With Anything
  Almost to never to happen again....

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Almost to never to happen again....
engbrady
Saint

posted 02-17-2002 10:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
At 8:02 PM on February 20 this year will be an historic moment in time. It will not be marked by the chiming of any clocks or the ringing of bells, but at that precise time, on that specific date, something will happen which has not occurred for 1,001 years and will never happen again. As the clock ticks over from 8:01 pm on Wednesday, February 20, time will, for sixty seconds only, read in perfect symmetry 2002, 2002, 2002, or to be more precise - 20:02, 20/02, 2002.
The only other time the clock has been palindromic was at 10:01 AM on January 10,1001, and it will never happen again.

sunshine
WACKO

posted 02-17-2002 10:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the info Paul. I'll plan a party for those 60 seconds and maybe we can all make a post at this exact time in our area. I've already passed the information on to several friends who are interested in numeralogy and were unaware of this unusual event.

Lightseeker
WACKO

posted 02-18-2002 02:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lightseeker   Click Here to Email Lightseeker     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uh . . . maybe I'm missing something, but what about 11:11 11/11 1111 in the past, and 21:12 21/12 2112 in the future?

Bruce

engbrady
Saint

posted 02-19-2002 08:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed pointed that out in the twin thread on the subject in the General Forum... It's hard to believe that something on the Internet could be wrong... I think I will still celebrate this time as I don't think I'll see 2112. As I said to Ed, good job catching that,

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 02-19-2002 09:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Good job catching that! Paul and I knew that and wanted to see if there were any other brilliant people who noticed the error.

Bob

engbrady
Saint

posted 02-20-2002 08:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy 20:02 20/02 2002!!!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 02-20-2002).]

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 02-20-2002 08:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
But Paul...it was only 6:02 in AZ...so we can still look forward to 20:02 20/02 2002

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 02-20-2002).]

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 02-20-2002 11:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by engbrady:
At 8:02 PM on February 20 this year will be an historic moment in time. It will not be marked by the chiming of any clocks or the ringing of bells, but at that precise time, on that specific date, something will happen ...

I know, I know! Paul will mark the time forever with a post in not one, but two different threads in two different forums at the exact correct time!

Dave

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers