The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

Thread Closed  Thread Closed
UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Nothing To Do With Anything
  Virtual Gift Exchange for Collectors Forum Members

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Virtual Gift Exchange for Collectors Forum Members
JChidester
Saint

posted 12-12-2001 10:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm not sure just how well this will work. But here goes...

If you're interested in participating in a virtual gift exchange with other Collector Forum members, select another Forum member and sign in below indicating their name. This will prevent someone else from choosing that individual again.

It also obligates that person you chose to also participate - choosing anyone on the forum except the person who chose them.

You will then search the Internet for the 'perfect gift' for the person whose name you chose.

Once you've found it, you will post again to tell who your gift is for, prepare a brief greeting for that person (perhaps explaining why this gift is the 'perfect one' for them) and then post a link to the gift.

Your link can point to anything (well not anything), in an on-line catalog, an auction site, or an image you create and upload somewhere.

You will NOT be buying anything - just finding the 'perfect gift' for the person who's name you selected. Please limit your virtual gift to items costing between $5 and $500,000.

Don't begin posting your gift information until Friday, December 21. But do complete your posting by Monday, December 24 at midnight.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-12-2001).]

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-12-2001 10:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm buying for Jakers "Jake" on the Forums.

sweetpshirin
WACKO

posted 12-12-2001 11:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpshirin   Click Here to Email sweetpshirin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll buy for Ron Foster.

shirin

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-12-2001 11:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have Digger!!

Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 12-12-2001 12:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take Randy.

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-2001 01:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take DaveH.

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-2001 02:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take Kaiz

pharologst
WACKO

posted 12-12-2001 07:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I've got Oseabee!!!!

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 12-12-2001).]

Randy Kremer
WACKO

posted 12-12-2001 07:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, since Digger picked me and I can't pick him back, I'll pick Bob M.

Kaiz
WACKO

posted 12-12-2001 07:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kaiz   Click Here to Email Kaiz     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We'll take Nana!

RFoster
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-2001 09:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RFoster   Click Here to Email RFoster     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OK, John (JC), I'm buying for you!!

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 12-12-2001 09:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I will take Paul.

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 12-12-2001 09:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll try Aucremann.

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 12-12-2001 10:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yikes - virtual shopping! OK - I draw Mark's name. hmmmm.... maybe a leetle something for the FSB. ;->

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 12-12-2001 11:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll pick Mombo

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-12-2001 11:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maureen will take Torchbearer.

Joanne
WACKO

posted 12-13-2001 01:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I will take Pharologst.

Joanne

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-13-2001 04:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OK, here's a post-it note on who still needs to get involved because they've been picked:

Jakers
Oseabee
Nana
BobM
Mark

A few pickers have not been chosen so if you're looking for someone to pick:

Joanne
Mrs TLC
Rod Watson
Sweetpshirin
Maureen

Of course everyone's invited to participate. Just 8 more virtual shopping days till December 21 when we can begin posting the gifts.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-13-2001).]

JimJohnson
Cruise Director

posted 12-13-2001 10:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JimJohnson   Click Here to Email JimJohnson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take Maureen!
Jim
Johnson

sunshine
WACKO

posted 12-14-2001 09:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sunshine   Click Here to Email sunshine     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take Mrs. TLC.

Judy

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 12-14-2001 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take "Lightning" Rod Watson

Rrronne
WACKO

posted 12-14-2001 03:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rrronne   Click Here to Email Rrronne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll Take Joanne

------------------
Randall Ronne

oseabee
Cruise Director

posted 12-14-2001 05:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I' get in too how about shirrin for me.Bill O'Brien

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 12-14-2001 06:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well it goes without saying that I choose the Ancient Mariner, himself, a.k.a. Fred!

If someone already scooped my good buddy up, please let me know.

Bob

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 12-14-2001 08:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll look for the perfect gift for Chesapeake Bryan.

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 12-14-2001).]

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-14-2001 08:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow - that moved things along. Here's a second update:

OK, here's a post-it note on who still needs to get involved because they've been picked:

Jakers
Chesapeake Bryan
Fred Kuhlman

A few pickers have not been chosen so if you're looking for someone to pick:

Randall Ronne
Sunshine

Of course everyone's invited to participate. Just 8 more virtual shopping days till December 21 when we can begin posting the gifts. Comeon folks - were are the rest of you?

Let's hear from:
rscroope
kscroope
Todd Shorkey
Cana Fan
RIP Puls
Lonnie Davidson
RRowehder
Larry
Dale Lawrence
DMancini
Bill Harnsberger

And the rest of the Wackos and Newbies

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-14-2001).]

LADYBUG
WACKO

posted 12-14-2001 09:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LADYBUG   Click Here to Email LADYBUG     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladybugs like Sunshine

I'll take Sunshine

Darlene

Todd Shorkey
WACKO

posted 12-16-2001 11:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Shorkey   Click Here to Email Todd Shorkey     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm in,

I'll pick up something nice for our resident reviewer and forteller of the future: Bill Harnsberger

-Todd

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 12-17-2001 06:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okay Bryan, do you have those lighthouse bags packed?
Derith

Chesapeake Bryan
Cruise Director

posted 12-17-2001 07:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Chesapeake Bryan   Click Here to Email Chesapeake Bryan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Since most everyone that has picked someone has been picked themselves, I'll take somebody new.

I'll take rscroope

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 12-17-2001 08:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks Byran, " Just when I thought I was out, I got drawn back in" - the Godfather (Redux by Silvio by way of the Sopranos.)

I'll pick kscroope! (nepotism?)

- Bob

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 12-18-2001 10:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will this be brought up Christmas morning Bob?

I did get you something Kristin, didn't you check the forums?

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 12-19-2001 07:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan,
Ask for a week off and then get out the suitcase and start packing. The weather might be a little cool at this time of year, so pack a warm sweater.
Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 12-19-2001).]

Jake
Cruise Director

posted 12-19-2001 05:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jake   Click Here to Email Jake     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'll take my fellow boatnerd, Todd.

Jakers

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-20-2001 12:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Last day to pick an CF friend for your virtual gift - Friday we can start posting links and information about the gift - and why you picked it for your friend.

We're looking for someone to buy for Randall Ronne

Rrronne - Joanne
Joanne - pharologst
pharologst - Oseabee
oseabee - Sweetpshirin
sweetpshirin - Ron Foster
RFoster - JChidester
JChidester - Jake
Jake - Todd Shorkey
Todd Shorkey - Bill Harnsberger

Bill Harnsberger - you need to pick someone

We're looking for someone to buy for Ladybug

Ladybug - Sunshine
Sunshine - MrsTLC
MrsTLC - mombo
mombo - Paul (engbrady)
engbrady - Digger
Gravedigger - Randy Kremer
Randy Kremer - BobM
Bob M - FredKuhlman

Fred - you need to pick someone

We're looking for someone to buy for JimJohnson

JimJohnson - Maureen
Maureen - Torchbearer
Tourchbearer - DaveH
DaveH - Kaiz
Kaiz - Nana
Nana - Chesapeake Bryan
Chesapeake Bryan - rscroope
rscroope - kscroope

kscroope - you need to pick someone

This circle is complete
Rod Watson - JTimothyA
JTimothyA - Mark Wagner
Mark Wagner - Rod Watson

Still many regulars out there who have time to participate - Even if your name isn't on the list above, jump in and Happy Virtual Shopping Everyone. I'm buying ONLINE for this present!

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-20-2001).]

pharologst
WACKO

posted 12-21-2001 09:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for pharologst   Click Here to Email pharologst     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays OseaBee !!! Hope you enjoy the gift as it will provide you with travel, relaxation, ability to visit lighthouses around the world, and memories of days gone bye.

SAIL AWAY !!

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 12-21-2001).]

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-21-2001 10:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
For Jakers For Christmas

Just what you need when going 'lighthousing' during the winter months:
From LLBean To You! Stay Dry and Warm.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-21-2001).]

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 11:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
After seeing Rod arrive at the club house over at the FSB Country Club in a run down old electric golf cart I thought I would set him up to arrive in style.

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 11:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Merry Christmas Dave!

For those of you who didn't know, Dave served in the Navy as a Spook (a nickname for one of those guys who encrypted messages, etc.). You know, spy sort of stuff. I thought of Dave when I saw the movie "Meet The Parents". Knowing his daughter Heather is becoming of age, and is probably dating, or soon will be, I thought Dave (with his military background) could use some really cool spy stuff. You know, not to spy on Heather, but on those eight armed octopuses that may be lurking out there, waiting to take advantage of Heather. So, for you Dave, and to help keep your sanity (I may be too late), my virtual gift for you is the TBO-TECH PRS-5000 Portable Wireless Receiving System with two ST-100BC Color Wireless 900 MHz Cameras. You can plant a few of these miniature cameras in his car, follow behind several hundred feet while they are on their date, and keep an eye on the ol' boy. Covert ops!

PRS-5000 - http://www.hiddenpinholecameras.com/prs5000.htm
ST-100BC Camera - http://www.hiddenpinholecameras.com/microwireless.htm

Happy hunting!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-21-2001 11:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Happy Digging… Digger!!!!

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 12-21-2001 02:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Mombo...it took me awhile but I think I found the best gift for you and IO...pack your bags because you will be moving to California...Don't forget to invite all your friends to visit you when you get there...this is a gift that will keep on giving...Enjoy...
http://www.mingtreerealestate.com/brewery.html

Ruthie

engbrady
Saint

posted 12-21-2001 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ruthie you have a $500,000 limit on the gift!!!

Rrronne
WACKO

posted 12-21-2001 03:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rrronne   Click Here to Email Rrronne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joanne,
I thought you would enjoy this as it combines egypt and nautical. May your holidays be full of joy and good cheer.
http://www.worldwidestore.com/PTR17E.htm

------------------
Randall Ronne

oseabee
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 03:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thank you very much Pharo too bad it wont do me much good this year in the conition I'm in would have been better last year.By the way what are you doing these days hows your sailing and navigation skills?Bill O'Brien

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 12-21-2001 04:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okay Paul...to me price was just not an object but if I have to limit my gift I guess I will get you something you can bring to your own home Mombo...no need to move but you might have to empty out your garage Sure hope you have a very happy holiday and a great New Year...
http://www.nabrewing.com/complete/10067-8bbl.htm

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 12-21-2001).]

oseabee
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 05:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
For Shirin I know you are bringing your young nephew into the lighthouse fold and he is showing an interest.What I think you should have for Xmas is this to pass down to him later.A Special cape haterass to pass to him as the highlight of his collection but you can enjoy it in your collection in the meantime.BIll O'Brien

Rod Watson
Saint

posted 12-21-2001 07:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rod Watson   Click Here to Email Rod Watson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We all know that JTimothyA is quite learned in the tonal intricacies and lyrics of Rock ‘n Roll music, as well as Classical, Baroque, and a touch of Opera. One truely important form of music has seemed to bypass his attention and intellect, though…

That mesmerizing 20th century art form called DISCO MUSIC.

I felt it necessary this Christmas to help expand Tim’s culture and education by exposing him to that wonderful music, clothes, and dance techniques to complete his musical education.

First, the music. I have included a $200 gift certificate to DiscoLand.com. You shall choose a variety of vinyl LPs & 45s to help understand and groove with the ever-so-complicated rhythms. I would recommend a sample tasting of the Bee Gees, La Flavour, Lipps Inc., and of course Philly Cream (don’t forget the Super Rare Disco series of LPs either).

Next, the attire. Experiencing the era would be severely incomplete without the proper clothes and accessories. Another $200 gift certificate to TheRustyZipper.com will suffice for your newly aquired outfit and shoes. Please limit your choices to the Disco era, Tim...and choose tastefully. Leftover monies must go towards the necessary oversized gold plated chains and jewelry.

Third, the training. A true expert in the field must learn the complex dance steps to a tee. I’m including a complete video collection of the all-inspiring TV show, Disco Step-by-Step. All 73 episodes are included in this vast set, and should be arriving shortly to your home. A quite rare and expensive collection of instructional tools to complete your education.

Lastly, the dance. Now that you have mastered the musical genre, chosen your attire, and practiced your dance routine; it’s time to use your education in a real world setting. I am very pleased to send you and Sue (in an all expense paid trip) to beautiful Buffalo, New York for the 2002 edition of the World’s Largest Disco Party!!!!. VIP tickets will be waiting, and you can boogie the night away for 4 whole hours. The exciting details and dates of this gala will be mailed directly to your home soon. Don't forget to post pictures here of you and Sue tearing up the dance floor at the party!!

PS: To meld with the "IN" crowd, refer to yourselves as K.C. & Babs at the party, Timothy and Sue are a bit too traditional for the genre. Also, if you wish, Becki & I will chauffer you two around town that night in our newly obtained golf cart limosine that Mark purchased for me! Boy, you will be the talk of the town, cruising around in your new outfits and all!

I hope you enjoy this wonderful Christmas treat, and experience your newly found love of disco for many years to come. If not, I will just mail you a colorful DISCO SUCKS T-shirt next week instead…your call.

Your Dancin' Fools,
Rod & Becki
...AKA 'Lightning' Rod & CandyKane [This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-21-2001).]

JimJohnson
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 08:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JimJohnson   Click Here to Email JimJohnson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My gift for Maureen comes in 3 parts:
Part 1: Since Maureen worked so hard this year on the reunion and her regular job, a vacation is in order for Mo and her family. This should be a nice start: http://www.adventureplanet.com/ap_trips_around.html
cost: $20,000 X 3 = $60,000.00
Part 2: Since Maureen is going to school and studying Management, we can let her finish her course here: http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/doctoral/programs/mgmt.html
cost: $27,850.00 tuition per year, throw in another $22,150.00 a year for expenses times 4 years = $200,000.00
Part 3: She will probably need a car to zip to class in: http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/main.jsp&modelCode=SL600R
cost: MSRP, options, taxes and title, $145,000.00
Still money to spare! Thanks Maureen for all that you do for us. Happy Holidays to you, Jeff, and Brianne.
Jim
Johnson

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 08:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim, after his makeover:
http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/54/039_19265.jpg

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 12-21-2001 09:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks so much Ruthie for the great gifts! I guess I'd much prefer the first one even if it is a bit over budget! Of course you are all invited to stop by anytime for a few cold ones!

Man, some of these gifts are very complex. But for Paul I have kept things very simple.
Now we all know that Paul, besides being the truly fine fellow he is, is most notably known for his extraordinary photography. In order to capture the quality images he produces he has a vast array of equipment, most of which seems to be permanently suspended from various straps around his neck.

However from time to time some of these new fangled gadgets tend to become temperamental - the flash doesn't flash, the batteries die, the settings get messed up. So in an effort to help aleviate some of these frustrations I have decided that your gift should be something a bit less complicated.

Hope you enjoy Old Reliable!

Merry Christmas to you and Sue!

JChidester
Saint

posted 12-21-2001 09:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We're closing this thread - see the continuation of the gift giving at:

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum18/HTML/000592.html

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers