The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Nothing To Do With Anything
  Did you get email to me returned?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Did you get email to me returned?
JChidester
Saint

posted 07-25-2000 02:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
For about 12 hours on the 24-25th of July, my email account was over quota -- more than 10 MB of old emails were being stored by the email provider.

If you emailed me during that time, regardless of which email address you sent the message to, you probably got back a message from mindspring.com showing (at the bottom of the return mail message) "552 Quota violation".

If you received such a message, please resend the email to me again.

Thanks,

John

SThompson
WACKO

posted 07-25-2000 07:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oh my gosh, John your an email pack rat. You must have some kind of ...ism if you can't delete your email.

LOL

Sean

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 07-25-2000 11:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
How did they notify you your mailbox was over the limit? Did they return their own e-mail and have to resort to an alternative method? Suppose they were able to find room for just one more...

Dave

JChidester
Saint

posted 07-26-2000 12:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I never sign on to my mail account but that I don't have at least 1 message waiting. So that was my tip-off.

They sent no notice that I was reaching a limit -- or even that there WAS a limit.

I sent myself email that I did not receive.

I had to call several different numbers to find out the problem.

I did find out about a browser-based mail retrieving service. If you're ever using someone else's computer and just want to check your mail, try using:
www.mailstart.com

You'll need your email address AND your email account password.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers