The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Map Room
  Cold Spring Harbor

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Cold Spring Harbor
rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 05-10-2001 08:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
After 2 months of investigating, I was able to locate the private owner & visit the lighthouse for what I think are the first new pictures in 5 years. Report and photos soon on the website. Harbour Lights has sent me an AP to present to the current owners which will allow me an excuse to go back soon. The owner was quite intrigued that Harbour Lights had made his lighthouse when I showed him copies of the website pictures.
The lighthouse is quite cool and much taller than you would think. It's positioned on the marsh and you can see it's original location(light tower on the original cassion) from the lantern roon deck with a telephoto lens.

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 05-10-2001).]

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 05-10-2001 09:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neat Bob! Will anxiously await your photos and report!

kscroope
Cruise Director

posted 05-11-2001 01:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kscroope   Click Here to Email kscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I put some pictures up on the site. http://scroope.net/longislandlighthouses/coldspringharbor.htm

Nana
Cruise Director

posted 05-11-2001 06:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Way Cool! Thank you so much for doing the groundwork and getting these pictures.

Derith

JohnL
WACKO

posted 05-11-2001 08:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JohnL   Click Here to Email JohnL     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nice pics Bob. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the piece.

John

kscroope
Cruise Director

posted 05-23-2001 07:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kscroope   Click Here to Email kscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lady Glen's Cold Spring Harbor Lighthouse http://www.scroope.net/lighthousing/coldspringharbor9may2001.htm
Narrative on researching, locating, and visiting the Cold Spring Harbor Lighthouse, according to Bob Scroope.

------------------
KRISTIN ERIN SCROOPE
kristin@scroope.net
http://www.scroope.net/lighthouses/lhlist.htm

kscroope
Cruise Director

posted 06-19-2001 08:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kscroope   Click Here to Email kscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harbour Lights Collector's Society
Cold Spring Harbor http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/2001/hl_cold_spring.htm

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 06-21-2001 11:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On Thursday, June 21, I had the pleasure of presenting the owner's Woody and Glo Glenn with an Artist Proof courtesy of the great people at Harbour Lights. They went over it with a fine toothcomb and were thrilled with the detail. They were even thinking of adding the arbor. The only significant difference on the piece from the original is the stone/block facade on the cassion. The original and current cassion is steel. I believe there will be many new members added to the Collector's Society who are relatives and friends of the Glenns who will want the sculpture.

JChidester
Saint

posted 06-21-2001 12:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Very cool, Bob. You'll note that windows were added to the lighthouse on two floors - I presumed those were added when the lighthouse was moved to land.

Did you discuss that with them?

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 06-21-2001 03:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yes John, we went over the original and the additions. Mary Glenn used the upper floor for her art studio, so her husband added those windows for better light. When the lighthouse was moved one whole side of the lighthouse fell off and had to be replaced.

kscroope
Cruise Director

posted 07-27-2001 08:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kscroope   Click Here to Email kscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lighthouse of the Day
May 17, 2001 Bob Scroope Cold Spring Harbor NY http://harbourlights.com/lighthouses/Today/May/May_17_01.htm

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers