The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Map Room
  Maine in September

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Maine in September
CarolZ
WACKO

posted 12-19-2000 09:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for CarolZ   Click Here to Email CarolZ     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My husband and I are thinking about heading to Maine in the early Fall and would like to stay ina town close to as many lighthouses as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions as to towns and/or hotels?

rscroope
Cruise Director

posted 12-19-2000 09:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rscroope   Click Here to Email rscroope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carol, we're (LI Chapter of US LIghthouse Society) doing a LH tour of Maine in June by bus. We'll have most of the details finalized by the January 7th meeting at Fire Island.
- Bob

Punkin

posted 12-19-2000 09:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Punkin   Click Here to Email Punkin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We just visited New England this Fall (Saw 153 Lighthouses in 29 Days) and stayed at the Elms B & B in Camden Maine on two three day weekends. They co-op L/H Cruises each Weekend that see most of the area Lights (Many of which could not be seen from land).
check out their website for this next Falls schedule. I would highly recommend these cruises and their B & B.

kikigl

posted 12-20-2000 05:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kikigl   Click Here to Email kikigl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I also highly recommend the Elms Bed & Breakfast in Camden. The lighthouse cruises are great. They have several different cruises to view different lights. You will see about seven lights. They go in real close so you can get some really good pictures. The cruise that we went on was all day and included a picnic lunch.
Portland and some of the coastal towns south of Portland are delightful places to stay. There are lighthouses that can be viewed from land. These include Portland Headlight, Two Lights, Cape Elizabeth, Goat Island, Spring Point, Portland Breakwater, and Cape Neddick.
Lighthouse Depot is also located in Wells Beach and is well worth a visit.
I have a book, Maine Lighthouses by Courtney Thompson that show all the Maine Lighthouses and also has directions, which really helps in locating them.
I am from Maine originally and whenever I go back I plan my trips around "chasing lighthouses".

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers