The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Map Room
  CA here I come!!!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   CA here I come!!!
Nana
WACKO

posted 07-07-2000 11:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
One o'clock is really taking its sweet time getting here. The clock doesn't know I have a date with Southwest Airlines-or that San Francisco is going to open those gates for me.

I'll be at Big Sur, Pigeon Point, Montara and Point Pinos on Saturday and on Sunday, when it is open, I will set foot in the tunnel and then on the bridge out to Point Bonita. Pumped is the best word for what I am feeling. Monday we head off to points N...

Communication between me and the forum will be nil until I return home on the 23rd. But mark your calendar for the 16th and 17th of
July and look up Heceta Head Bed & Breakfast and envision me there. I will wish everyone of you were with me.....It is an awesome spot on this earth God created..You can bet that as I stand on the lawn of the keeper's cottage I will be thankful as I utter "Good job God. Good job!"
Derith

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 07-08-2000 12:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
I will wish everyone of you were with me.....

Might get a little crowded, but hey, we're all friends. Have a great trip, Derith. Will look forward to your stories upon return.

Dave

Ned Fenimore
WACKO

posted 08-10-2000 05:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ned Fenimore   Click Here to Email Ned Fenimore     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi again! I think one of my most memorable trips was walking from the "tunnel" on the way to Point Bonita, and finally seeing the light itself. It was one of my favorites in the Bay Area last Spring. Hope to visit the other ones you mentioned someday, as I am sure they are equal in beauty.

Regards,

Ned

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers