The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Map Room
  Lighthouse Passport?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Lighthouse Passport?
Tim3167
WACKO

posted 09-14-1999 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tim3167   Click Here to Email Tim3167     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I saw a post somewhere mentioning visiting lighthouses and getting a USLHS? lighthouse passport stamped. This sounds like a great thing documenting one's lighthouse visits that way.
I need to know more. How do I get one of these? Which lighthouses have stamps?
Help!
Tim

Tim3167
WACKO

posted 09-14-1999 07:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tim3167   Click Here to Email Tim3167     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I did a search on "passport" in the forums and found a thread with all the details. Guess I should have done that first. Thanks anyway.
http://216.46.163.97/forums/Forum5/HTML/000094.html

Tim

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 09-15-1999 12:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim,

Also check this link at the Chesapeake Chapter of he US Lighthouse Society-

http://www.cheslights.org/uslhs.htm

It will give you more info on the passport and a listing of who participates. I carry my passport in my camera bag to be sure I always have it when lighthousing. Even if a light is not on the list I ask if they have a stamp - you'd be surprised at how many do. I have also pasted in the stickers some lights give you when you visit.

I really enjoy the passport, and it has opened doors for me - last year I got to climb the tower at Jupiter with one of the docents on a day it wan't going tobe opened because we started a conversation on lighthouses when I presented the passport. He figured I was a true lighthouse wacko if I always carried my LH passport! Helped that he also had one and wanted to see where I had been!

One suggestion - I am thinking about also carrying my own stamp pad - too many of the stamps are less than optimal because of a dried out/under inked stamp pad.

Dave

JChidester
Saint

posted 09-15-1999 01:01 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Tim - I'm not sure if you should get credit for 2 posts when you ask and answer your own questions in separate posts.

LOL

Tim3167
WACKO

posted 09-15-1999 09:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tim3167   Click Here to Email Tim3167     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LOL
Hey a guy's gotta do somethin to post some more!
I'm thinkin about asking some other self answerable questions to really rack up the posts!
Oh wait, I've just racked up one more!
Well anyway I'm going to send off for a passport, sounds like great fun!

Thankful here in Orlando that I've bought un-needed hurricane supplies,

Tim

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 09-15-1999 11:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Guess I should have gotten the passport before I started "lighthousing"! At least I have my photo album to document my trips.

MOMBO

wheland
WACKO

posted 09-23-1999 12:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I oredered the passport just before I took a trip to CT, RI and MA. They send you a list of the "Official" LH's that have stamps and where to get them. This even covers some that are not regularly open. You are directed to the local Coast Guard in some places. They are very liberal- they accept unofficial stamps, signatures and even small pictires pasted in the book. When you fill it the send you a patch and return your passport. I managed to see 31 LH's on my trip, but I've have not pasted my pictures in yet. I got several stamps and signatures, but most were not on the list or open to the public. Dennis

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 01-16-2001 11:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
To surface this thread per discussion up in the Welcome thread.

Dave

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers