The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Baltimore 2001 Reunion
  What did you think of the Reunion-Part 2

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   What did you think of the Reunion-Part 2
JimJohnson
Cruise Director

posted 10-22-2001 12:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JimJohnson   Click Here to Email JimJohnson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
To continue the previous thread, which was closed at 50 posts. To review: http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum13/HTML/000140.html
Jim
Johnson

[This message has been edited by JimJohnson (edited 10-22-2001).]

GAIL
WACKO

posted 10-24-2001 09:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for GAIL   Click Here to Email GAIL     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, I can't possibly add anything not already said or shown. This was also my 1st reunion. & not only was the reunion awasome but the trips I was privaliged to join in on before & after reunion were just as awasome!!
I finally got home Oct 15th (Iwent to Pensacola for Flordia Lighthouse Association meeting after Baltimore) Tonight is first time I have been able to get out on the web.
Thanks to everyone I meet, you all made my trip VERY SPECIAL!!!!!!!

TGIFIF

Medicman
WACKO

posted 10-25-2001 04:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Medicman   Click Here to Email Medicman     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This was my first reunion and I HAD A BLAST!
I can't add any more than what has already been said... and thanks to those for the bus trips... and the making of new friends....
It made a great week to remember.

Jake
Cruise Director

posted 10-27-2001 07:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jake   Click Here to Email Jake     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OK, OK, sorry I'm late, but I FINALLY got my pics back!!!
We had a great time, and it was interesting to see how Baltimore has changed. It was also nice to see some of the same things, only with a little more knowledge of them!

On Friday morning, the USS Constellation was being towed to Falles (sp?) Point for an exhibition, and created quite a stir after breakfast, even causing Bill to announce "They're moving the Constitution!"

On the cruise on Friday, we saw lots of ships and lighthouses. One of the more interesting (and endangered) lights that we saw was Fort Carroll.

Another was Lazaretto Point, which is shoe-horned into a busy dock.

After the cruise, we went to the National Aquarium, where there was a great view of the Lightship Chespeake from the elevated entryway.

After the aquarium, my mom went back to the hotel to rest her feet, and my dad and I went over by the Eagle.

While there, my dad started talking to a firefighter collecting for the New York disaster, and he invited us abaord their fireboat (he was a member of the crew). We accepted, and we even got invited back to the station for dinner, but since we figured we shouldn't ditch my mom at dinner, we politely declined, though we really wanted to!

View from the pilothouse.

That night, we went out to the veranda by the pool, and it was a neat view up the hotel.

Overall, we had a great time, and out of all of the ships that we saw (so I was heaven!! )the best one was without a doubt the Eagle! (I just had to add my own little personal touch to this, the boatnerd that I am!)

BRAVO HARBOUR LIGHTS!!!

Jakers

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 10-27-2001).]

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 10-27-2001 10:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for sharing that with us, Jakers! Great pics too!

Bob

mombo
WACKO

posted 10-29-2001 12:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Photos:

Seven Foot Knoll http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39476&a=13928340&p=55784685

Roger B. Taney http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39476&a=13928340&p=55784689
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39476&a=13928340&p=55784690
Chesapeake Lightship http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39476&a=13928340&p=55785368 http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39476&a=13928340&p=55785372
More to follow

[This message has been edited by mombo (edited 10-30-2001).]

Randy Kremer
WACKO

posted 10-29-2001 01:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for posting the pictures Jake and Mombo! VERY NICE! This is something to remember for years to come!

wheland
WACKO

posted 10-29-2001 04:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great pictures Jake and Mombo.

Almost like being there. Well, i've actually been to the Inner Harbor so some of it is familiar.

Dennis

Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 10-29-2001 06:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
How 'bout some more......

Rooms with a view!

The end of a long day!

No John, there aren't any photos in there yet.

The new crew of the Chesapeake takes command!

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 10-29-2001).]

G&N Keil
Registered Member

posted 10-29-2001 08:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for G&N Keil   Click Here to Email G&N Keil     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the sharing the great photos; seeing them is almost as good as being there all over again. My first reunion (and first HL event): awesome! We had the best time. Thanks to all who made it possible: John Chidester for arranging the bus tours, the Bradys for MC'ing our bus (we always ended up on Paul's bus), the Youngers and the HL staff for all their incredible efforts. I can't wait for the next one. Trying to describe to co-workers how 850 people gathered at a huge hotel, ate together, had fun together, and there weren't any obnoxious folks to be seen or heard ... no one would believe me. Thanks again for a terrific time!

------------------
Garry&Nancy

RFoster
WACKO

posted 10-29-2001 08:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RFoster   Click Here to Email RFoster     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for sharing the great photos Jake, Mombo & Digger. It was certainly a great time and seeing your pictures helps to bring back wonderful memories of great times with beautiful friends and family.

"Keeping The Flame Alive in New England"
Ron

JChidester
Saint

posted 10-29-2001 09:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It's hard to believe this all just started 4 weeks ago - seems like eons now.

Good photos, guys!

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 10-31-2001 07:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
You're right, John, it is hard to believe it was four weeks ago. Having the New England Regional only two hours away was a real plus to help me get pumped back up.

Back to the reunion: Here's a couple of digital pics I took of my snapshots from the reunion.

John C. and Bob M.

Mo Atwell and Bob M.

Cowboy Bill Younger enjoying his morning java

(Note these are digital pictures of glossy photos so they aren't perfect)

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 10-31-2001).]

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Harbour Lights Web Site

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers