The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The Baltimore 2001 Reunion
  Forum members gift.

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Forum members gift.
Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 01-19-2001 07:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The final votes have been counted (except for Florida) and the decision has been made. The Painting that will be presented to Bill and Nancy for the 10th anniv. from the Forum members will be..........

Oh, I forgot to tell you that it's a secret. I could tell you here but then I'd have to shoot you. It is still a surprize isn't it John?

If you don't already know which lighthouse has been selected, email me and I will tell you all about my plans. As I stated before there will be no cost for the painting. The only cost that will have to be addressed will be the framing. Either I can get a price or if someone has a connection or can get a better deal, please let me know.

Dave H
Cruise Director

posted 01-20-2001 10:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave H   Click Here to Email Dave H     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Digger,

Maybe Paul can talk to his HL dealer, Bayside Treasures, about framing. Paul has the highest regard for John Wisnewski's talent.

Dave

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 01-24-2001 10:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Digger -

I trust your judgement on deciding on the frame. Let us know when you need the money.

Joanne

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 01-24-2001 11:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Most definitely Digger... please let us know as I would be more than happy to contribute.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

RRohweder
WACKO

posted 01-24-2001 08:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RRohweder   Click Here to Email RRohweder     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
As would I Digger! Just let us know.

Rich

------------------

Nana
WACKO

posted 01-24-2001 09:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nana   Click Here to Email Nana     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for representing us Wacko's, Digger. Your judgment is fine with me and just let me know what amount you need for my portion.
Oh, since I have been away I am not sure that I really know what the painting is..so give me an enote to let me know.
Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 01-24-2001).]

SThompson
WACKO

posted 01-24-2001 11:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SThompson     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 02-09-2001).]

Rrronne
WACKO

posted 01-25-2001 09:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rrronne   Click Here to Email Rrronne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I would also be glad to contribute to the framing costs. Let me know when you need the money.

------------------
Randall Ronne

wheland
WACKO

posted 01-25-2001 07:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Add my name to the list for the framing. Let me know what you need.

Dennis

mghusge
WACKO

posted 01-25-2001 08:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mghusge   Click Here to Email mghusge     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I would also be glad to contribute to the framing cost. Let me know what you need.

Mike and Nettie Hancock

keeperpam2

posted 01-26-2001 06:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for keeperpam2   Click Here to Email keeperpam2     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Let me know too!!

oseabee
WACKO

posted 01-26-2001 06:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Digger as soon as you get the framing cost let me know also.Bill O'Brien oseabee

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-26-2001 09:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Here's the scoop on Digger's painting being commissioned as a gift from Forum members to Bill & Nancy Younger.

This will be presented at the Reunion, but is from all Forum Members - Wackos and Newbies - not just from those attending the Reunion.

I've talked Digger into accepting some compensation for his talents, time and materials for this gift which is really from all of us.

When the painting is completed, you'll see an image of it here and you all will have an opportunity to make a donation towards the painting and its framing.

For a suggested donation of $20, you will receive an 8x10 photoprint of the painting. Paul Brady will be shooting a high quality digital image and generating top quality prints from the original. Digger will sign and number these prints and ship them to the donors.

After paying for the framing, shipping of the painting back and forth, printing of the images by Paul and postage & handling of the prints to donors, we'll arrange for Digger to receive a nice gift certificate from his art supply provider of choice from which he can buy something.

Hang on to your money until we have Digger's image and we'll tell you the address to which to send your donation.

If $20 is too much, your donation of any amount will be welcome. Prints will be sent to donors of $20, however.

All donors will be recognized in the card that will accompany the painting when presented to the Youngers.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 01-26-2001).]

Barb Kepple
WACKO

posted 01-26-2001 09:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Barb Kepple   Click Here to Email Barb Kepple     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thanks for all of the above information John. Do you have a rough idea of when we might expect to see this completed and find out where to send our donations?

What a great way to say thank you to Bill and Nancy Younger!

Barb

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-26-2001 11:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Digger has some of the resource material he needs, but I think his commission for 10 images for Rosemont by June may be at the top of his list right now. We'll see if he will pop in here and let us know of an APPROXIMATE date when we can see his painting for the Youngers. We do have a few months yet - nine by my count - before it needs to be completed and framed.

MrsTLC
WACKO

posted 01-27-2001 02:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrsTLC   Click Here to Email MrsTLC     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This is going to be a very fine gift to give The Youngers... I too will look forward to donating whatever may be needed... getting a copy of the painting is just an added bonus...Paul does such a fine job with his digital...

Ruthie

Punkin

posted 01-27-2001 01:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Punkin   Click Here to Email Punkin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN AND WHERE TO SEND OUR DONATION.

HARRY AND JUDY

Lorie Roe
WACKO

posted 01-27-2001 07:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lorie Roe   Click Here to Email Lorie Roe     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
$20 seems more than fair for a donation plus I love the bonus print that we would receive. Thanks Digger for your artistic talents and Paul for the prints. You two make for a great combination of talent.

Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 01-28-2001 05:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopefully I can squeeze Eddystone in between the Chicago paintings. As for a date, I would estimate sometime in February (or sooner, you never know). I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

anniemac

posted 01-28-2001 10:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for anniemac   Click Here to Email anniemac     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Definitely count us in, Digger - can't wait to see the painting - and the prints!

Anne

GerryBu

posted 01-28-2001 11:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for GerryBu   Click Here to Email GerryBu     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in also. Thanks to Digger, John, & Paul for a great idea. Looking forward to hearing when and how to contribute. The print is an added bonus. Thanks again.

fscjr

posted 01-29-2001 07:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for fscjr   Click Here to Email fscjr     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gravedigger:
The final votes have been counted (except for Florida) and the decision has been made. The Painting that will be presented to Bill and Nancy for the 10th anniv. from the Forum members will be..........

Oh, I forgot to tell you that it's a secret. I could tell you here but then I'd have to shoot you. It is still a surprize isn't it John?

If you don't already know which lighthouse has been selected, email me and I will tell you all about my plans. As I stated before there will be no cost for the painting. The only cost that will have to be addressed will be the framing. Either I can get a price or if someone has a connection or can get a better deal, please let me know.

I would be honored to contribute the $20, both in honor of the Younger's and "Digger's" talents..Frank Carbone

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 01-29-2001 10:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John,

For those who will not be attending the Reunion can there be some sort of video than can be purchased of the presentation of the painting. Maybe a video taken of the reunion (Bill's talks, the dinner, etc.) might be a nice touch and it can be sold and proceeds go to some restoration project.

Joanne

[This message has been edited by Joanne (edited 01-29-2001).]

JChidester
Saint

posted 01-29-2001 06:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great Idea, Joanne.

I'll work on that. One thing we can do is upload a short video clip of the presentation that you would be able to view online.

I think there are a few Forumites with Digital Video cameras who could help us out.

2beacons
WACKO

posted 01-29-2001 09:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 2beacons   Click Here to Email 2beacons     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John,

Count us in for the donation of the framing of the painting for the Younger family. Let us know where to send the money when the time comes. Between Paul B and Digger it should be fantastic.

I think the print is a neat way for us to own a piece of art by Digger.

2beacons

oseabee
WACKO

posted 01-29-2001 10:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oseabee   Click Here to Email oseabee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great Idea Joanne a video would be a great way to remember a great occasion.Bill O'Brien oseabee

RFoster
WACKO

posted 01-31-2001 06:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RFoster   Click Here to Email RFoster     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John - I had sent an earlier email to Steve letting him know that MJ and I were interested in making a donation. I am thrilled with the concept of having an 8 X 10 Print of the painting. Please, count us in for a $20 when you make up the list.

Thanks,
"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron

Pat PalmerBall
WACKO

posted 02-01-2001 08:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pat PalmerBall   Click Here to Email Pat PalmerBall     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John....count me in. $20.00 is a modest sum to help reward the efforts of the Youngers. Thanks for organizing this John....Yet again the Saints will lead us

KYKEEPER - Pat

keeperpam2

posted 02-03-2001 09:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for keeperpam2   Click Here to Email keeperpam2     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am real excited about this....please don't forget me when collecting the money! It is so right....$20.00 is MORE than reasonable.
Digger....what a guy you are, and all involved in this fine, and thoughtful gift to the Youngers.
Pam

Jo Ann/Texas

posted 02-08-2001 12:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jo Ann/Texas   Click Here to Email Jo Ann/Texas     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count us in. Just let us know where and when to send the money.
Don and Jo Ann

tarbaby

posted 02-08-2001 07:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tarbaby   Click Here to Email tarbaby     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count this North Carolina boy in also.

terry

DeDo
WACKO

posted 02-08-2001 09:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DeDo   Click Here to Email DeDo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sounds great! We'll contribute too. What a nice idea, the gift, presentation & print.

Donna

Suzanne Murphy
WACKO

posted 02-08-2001 09:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Suzanne Murphy   Click Here to Email Suzanne Murphy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in. I will contribute.

Suzanne

LADYBUG
WACKO

posted 02-09-2001 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LADYBUG   Click Here to Email LADYBUG     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in too

RoyMcB
WACKO

posted 02-09-2001 10:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RoyMcB   Click Here to Email RoyMcB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey John,
Count Duoble Bidder and myself in for the donation. Just send us a note as to where to send it in to. John if you could email me and let me know what the picture is.
Thanks
Roy & Carolyn

GAIL
WACKO

posted 02-11-2001 09:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for GAIL   Click Here to Email GAIL     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
count me in too!

TD
WACKO

posted 02-11-2001 10:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TD   Click Here to Email TD     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Count me in! A gift for the Youngers and you get an 8 x 10. You can't beat that.

TD

Gravedigger
WACKO

posted 02-13-2001 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gravedigger   Click Here to Email Gravedigger     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just to keep everyone updated. I am currently working on Pt. Fermin for the Chicago show and as soon as it is completed I will be starting on Eddystone. As requested, I will photograph it in steps and post them on a regular (hopefully daily) basis. I am still having trouble finding a nice pic of a 17th century ship to include in the painting, any help would be appreciated. If I can't locate one I guess I'll just have to throw in the Edmund Fitzgerald in the background.

My plans are to bring it to the Chicago show for a sneak preview.

Paul, do you think you would be able to take it with you then and save us the shipping/handling? It's pretty BIG!

John, do you need me to save the digital photos for a collage to include with the painting? I thought I remember seeing that request somewhere.

Digger

JChidester
Saint

posted 02-13-2001 01:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yes, Digger, by all means save the progressive photos.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers