The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  Forum on www.HarbourLights.com
  "Catalog" Update

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   "Catalog" Update
JChidester
Saint

posted 11-14-1998 02:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul and I are working on completing the 'Catalog' pages at www.HarbourLights.com, not that the reunion is (well) over.

The most complete page right now is the GLOW Visual Index:

www.harbourlights.com/catalog/catalog_glow.htm

You can click on each of the images and see a larger version of the thumbnail shot. A few of the more recent GLOWs have hyperlinked names under the thumbnails. Click on each of those will take you to a separate page about that lighthouse with more photos. (These need to be standardized and completed in some cases.) Both the index pages and the catalog page for each lighthouse were laid out so you can set your print margins to 1/2" all around and print them out and stick them in your personal notebook.

Every Lighthouse made by Harbour Lights is now represented in the Catalog area, although only the 1998 and a few others have their own information pages about the individual lighthouse.

You might want to start at the Visual year-by-year index and see how it looks:

www.harbourlights.com/catalog/index.htm

For limited editions, you can see all the non-retired ones at:

www.harbourlights.com/catalog/available_le.htm

While you're checking out the catalog area, click on the "Small Editions", "Event Editions" and "Tables" buttons and see how those are arranged.

Paul is putting his exceptional photographic talents to work on the detail photos that go into the individual lighthouse catalog pages. Once these are done, we'll have the finest and most complete library of photographs of all the Harbour Lights.

Now - how about some ideas for spin offs using these photos? Like trading cards or playing cards or...?

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 11-14-98).]

Kat
WACKO

posted 11-18-1998 08:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kat   Click Here to Email Kat     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John,
How about some nice coasters...like the ones they gave us at the 1998 Reunion! I use mine alot at my computer to set my coffe mug on...just an idea!! Kat Waterson.

Art
Cruise Director

posted 11-18-1998 11:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John, Paul,

Great photos & layout guys. How about putting them all into a screen saver? You can make it available to download free of charge to *registered* HL.com visitors (charge those who don't register). Or at least give it free to the guy who suggested this! ;-)

-Art

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers