The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The General Forum
  The Wacko 2000 Pins Have Arrived!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Wacko 2000 Pins Have Arrived!
LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 05-30-2000 10:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
There here! And they're even nicer than I expected after seeing the sample. The sample was just that: as sample.

I've tried to scan one but my lack of expertise yields less than desirable results. I keep getting shiny spots from the high gloss surface.

So what I'll do rather than post a poor image here is start stuffing envelopes tonight and start mailing them in the morning. Maybe someone with better scanning equipment and technique than I will scan one and post the scan in this thread.

I should have them all out by Friday at the latest.

PS - we still have a FEW remaining if you haven't ordered yet.

Yipeeee!

wheland
WACKO

posted 05-30-2000 10:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great! I'll be checking my mail every day til it arrives. Thanks for the info. Dennis

Weasel58
WACKO

posted 05-30-2000 11:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Weasel58   Click Here to Email Weasel58     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WAHOOO!!!!! Can't hardly wait for it. Thanks for all the work you put into this Lamar!

[This message has been edited by Weasel58 (edited 05-30-2000).]

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 05-30-2000 11:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wonderful! Thanks, Lamar!

Art
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2000 12:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Looking forward to it. Thanks Lamar. And Weasel, be careful buddy. You might hurt something doing that.

------------------
-Art

Pat PalmerBall
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 07:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pat PalmerBall   Click Here to Email Pat PalmerBall     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wonderful news. I was just thinking about our WACKO pins. Thanks again Lamar for all your dedication and hard work on this project. We all appreciate your efforts.

KYKEEPER - Pat

Randy Kremer
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 11:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Kremer   Click Here to Email Randy Kremer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the info Lamar and once again to all involved!!! Will be waiting impatiently by the mailbox!!

Joanne
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2000 01:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Joanne   Click Here to Email Joanne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think it would be great to wear out buttons when we have special events, signings, meetings etc., so we will be able to spot each other immediately. Of course, when my pin isn't being worn, it will be in my curio.

Joanne

MtnHkr
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 02:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MtnHkr   Click Here to Email MtnHkr     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Looking forward to my pins and will anxiously await their arrival. Will let you know when they gets here.

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2000 02:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks all for the expressions of gratitude, but please don't forget that this whole project is a committee project. Barbara (ladylightkeeper) and Henry (foghornkeeper)Hupp, Darlene Cook (bugqueen) have done loads of work on this project. John Chidester (St. John of the Internet) and Rod Watson helped a bunch in the design phase, too. Thanks also to St. Paul Brady for his legendary photographic skills and to HL itself for creating the wonderful sculptures from which the original design was wrought. Without these contributions this project wouldn't even exist.

Rrronne
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 04:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rrronne   Click Here to Email Rrronne     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I big thank you to everyone who made the WACKO pins become a reality. My wife and I will be anxiously awaiting their arrival in our mailbox.

------------------
Randall Ronne

Marzipan
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 04:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marzipan   Click Here to Email Marzipan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm so excited. Can't wait to get mine!!! Thanks to all involved in this project. I really appreciate the effort you've dedicated to this endeavor. Thanks Again.

~Dale

Daniel
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 04:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel   Click Here to Email Daniel     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am going to show my wacko pin off at the Orlando event in August

Daniel

mghusge
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mghusge   Click Here to Email mghusge     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lamar - Looking forward to receiving the pin. Thanks for all the hard work you and other did on this project.
Mike H.

Brent
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 07:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Brent   Click Here to Email Brent     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks to "ALL" for putting this nice project together. I'm looking forward to receiving my pin!!

wheland
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 07:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wheland   Click Here to Email wheland     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In my haste to post I neglected to properly thank all those who made the Wacko Pin Project the success that it is. I'm sorry. Thank you all for your efforts on our behalf. It is appreciated I assure you. Dennis

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 05-31-2000 08:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Didn't mean to slight anyone involved, Lamar. Obviously it was a group effort and I am sincerely appreciative of everyones' work on this project!

P.S. I.O. says he doesn't need any pin to tell folks he's "wacko". Obviously!

bright eyes
WACKO

posted 05-31-2000 09:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bright eyes   Click Here to Email bright eyes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gosh, I obtain my WACKO status "just in time"

Thanks for EVERYONE'S HELP ON THIS PROJECT!

Lorie Roe
WACKO

posted 06-01-2000 12:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lorie Roe   Click Here to Email Lorie Roe     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the group effort on the WACKO pin. I hope to get details soon on the regional events so that I can wear my pin to one of the events. When are we going to start listing suggestions for the 2001 WACKO pin?

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 06-01-2000 10:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That's fantastic news Lamar! Thanks so much for yours, and others involvement in this project. I will proudly wear my Wacko pin for the first time to a dealer's event the end of this month.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

chris g
WACKO

posted 06-01-2000 11:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for chris g   Click Here to Email chris g     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
once again, a HUGE thank you to all involved-- I'll be watching my mailbox!!

chris g

ladylightkeeper
WACKO

posted 06-02-2000 01:38 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ladylightkeeper   Click Here to Email ladylightkeeper     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Lorie: I just love your enthusiasm. So glad to see that you are looking forward to the 2001 wacko project. Lamar and I were just discussing that. We decided we needed a day or so to take a "breather". Actually we are waiting until you all get your pin and your "reviews" are posted here. We want to hear what you think about this pin. Do you like it? We SURE hope so --- yes, it was a ton of work.

But we are ready and willing to start in all over again if you all will support the project. And we are hoping for even more pin sales this time, as there will be even more wackos. I think you will like this pin, as it is distinctive. And we have made a nice amount of money to be donated to Morris Island, and that is what really counts -- wackos helping out.

So you can get on your thinking caps now. I will be officially posting the beginning of the 2001 campaign sometime next week probably, along with the ground rules and instructions.

Help keep this wacko pin project uppermost in all our minds. Keep that Flame Burning.

And thanks to you all from all of the committee for your support of this first wacko project.

I will be wearing my wacko pin to the Milwaukee regional. Long drive there from NH. Are any of you going?

------------------
ladylightkeeper

Torchbearer
Cruise Director

posted 06-02-2000 07:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Torchbearer   Click Here to Email Torchbearer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladylightkeeper... just so that I don't miss anyone's name, thank you for all the hard work you put into this project. It is very much appreciated! I look forward to opening my mailbox and getting THE envelope. I will help in anyway I can with the 2001 project.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Kat
WACKO

posted 06-02-2000 09:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kat   Click Here to Email Kat     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Can't wait to receive my pins....will be wearing them to Rosemont!!! Thanks to all that worked so hard to see this project through...your efforts are most appreciated by Larry and myself

God Bless You All & Keep The Flame!!
Kat & Larry Waterson

Rusty
WACKO

posted 06-03-2000 12:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty   Click Here to Email Rusty     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks to all of you who worked on this! I like the others can't wait to get my pins.

Rusty

Todd Shorkey
WACKO

posted 06-03-2000 02:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Shorkey   Click Here to Email Todd Shorkey     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This information may have been posted earlier so I apologize if I missed seeing it, but I can't recall it being mentioned. (getting older/memory going)

Now that the pins have been purchased and are being shipped, there should be a pretty good idea as to the donation to Morris Island.

So to either Barbara or Lamar: How did we do?

-Todd

TERRY BARFIELD
WACKO

posted 06-03-2000 07:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TERRY BARFIELD   Click Here to Email TERRY BARFIELD     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks to everyone involved.I`m sure it was a major undertaking.I know I`ll be wearing mine to the NC regional. TerryBarfield

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 06-03-2000 09:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Shorkey:
Now that the pins have been purchased and are being shipped, there should be a pretty good idea as to the donation to Morris Island.

I have neither sold quite all the pins yet nor have I tabulated all expenses but I'd say about $1,000 will go to Morris Island. When all is complete I wll certainly post the final results in this Forum topic.

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 06-03-2000 09:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The last batch of pins will be mailed at the post office tomorrow morning.

If you have ordered and I've acknowledged receipt of your prior to today, your pin has been mailed or will be mailed tomorrow.

If you do not receive your pin(s) by Monday, June 12, please email me promptly by clicking on the little email icon above this message. I would think a week would be plenty of time to receive them. I mailed them first class.

Thanks again to all who ordered for participating in this most worthy lighthouse restoration cause.

JChidester
Saint

posted 06-04-2000 02:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JChidester   Click Here to Email JChidester     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mine arrived: Here's a life size image. Note that this pin is not cloisonne - like the Collectors Society pins. Nice, just not that type of pin.

Todd Shorkey
WACKO

posted 06-04-2000 03:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Shorkey   Click Here to Email Todd Shorkey     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Although not a final or exact total, it is the "pretty good idea" that I was looking for. $1,000 is a fantastic donation to the preservation of the Morris Island Light. It goes to show what the dedication of Harbour Lights collectors can accomplish when they set their minds to it.

I look forward to receiving my pin and I thank everyone who made this project, or any lighthouse restoration/preservation project successful.

Way to Keep The Flame gang!

-Todd

LamarB
Cruise Director

posted 06-05-2000 02:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LamarB   Click Here to Email LamarB     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JChidester:
Note that this pin is not cloisonne - like the Collectors Society pins. Nice, just not that type of pin.

Thanks for posting the image St. John.

It's made by some type of photoengraving process. The pin manufacturer's rep advised us that the cloisonne process requires a separator around each different but adjoining color. The cost per cloisonne pin in the quantity we needed would have been prohibitive AND we would either end up with a huge pin or would have lost much detail.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers