The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The General Forum
  Which lantern room??

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Which lantern room??
DeDo
WACKO

posted 12-09-1999 04:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DeDo   Click Here to Email DeDo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Along the lines of the other 'which one topics', my question is which Cape Meares lantern room is more attractive/accurate?
It is the last of the Oregon lights that we visited that I still need to buy. I looked at my photos & still can't decide.
Perhaps others that have seen the light can help. Large & grey or smaller & blue?
What is the cut-off edition# between the two?

Thanks,
Donna

Derith Bennett
unregistered

posted 12-09-1999 07:55 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I didn't realize that either, Donna. I will have to check mine too.
Derith

DeDo
WACKO

posted 12-10-1999 08:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DeDo   Click Here to Email DeDo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The HL Survival Guide makes no mention of the lantern room variation but the Greenbook Guide shows photos of the two. It isn't clear to me from the Greenbook where the edition #s switch.
So once again which lantern room is closer to the real Cape Meares?

Donna

Art
Cruise Director

posted 12-10-1999 10:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Art   Click Here to Email Art     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I didn't know of a mold change, either, but judge for yourself and let us know.

------------------
-Art

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 12-10-1999 03:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nice pics, Art!

Bob

Mark Wagner
Cruise Director

posted 12-10-1999 04:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Wagner   Click Here to Email Mark Wagner     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cape Mears was one of the pieces that had the production moved to China from Malyasia (or was it the other way around ?) during the production run

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 12-10-99).]

DeDo
WACKO

posted 12-10-1999 09:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DeDo   Click Here to Email DeDo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for the great pictures, Art. I looked at them and the photos of the variations in the Greenbook. Size-wise the grey lantern room is probably truer, but the blue color is more pleasing to the eye and matches the blue tint of the glass in your photos.
It is a moot point tonight as the Dutch auction I was bidding on had a final bidder 4 seconds before the end to knock me out. I had e-mailed the seller earlier this week re the lantern rooms. They are a dealer in NC and said they don't know what they have as they are in a warehouse.
Since Cape Meares is hardly on the endangered list I'll try again. The reason I've put off purchasing it was the dilemma over which version.
I'd better have edition #s if I'm not buying in person to be sure that I'll get the color I want.

Thanks,
Donna

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers