The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers. The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Younger & Associates.

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
  Collector Forums
  The General Forum
  Lighthousing

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Lighthousing
engbrady
Saint

posted 04-09-1999 01:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Younger likes the term lighthousing. Quote: "I like that!" So when you least expect it Bill might come up to you and say - "Your on Candid Ca…. oops!
and say - Lighthousing lately!

Link to earlier thread I hit lock instead of reply sorry! I told you Saint's make mistakes also. Once locked, there is no unlocking a thread.
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000270.html

By the way, I need to confess that I too like the term lighthousing but not as just a verb. I like it used as a noun, proper noun (Lighthousing), adverb, adjective, but never as a dangling participle. One of my roles here at the forum, as Saint WackoPaul, is to play Devil's advocate to stimulate responses and interaction on the topics.

Saint WackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Bob M
Cruise Director

posted 04-09-1999 08:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bob M   Click Here to Email Bob M     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Why all you forum contributors are thinking about "lighthousing", how about doing some "lightbrowsing" to the intial thread in the forum and leave some encouraging messages for potential newbies to the Harbour Lights Family of Friends.

Let the wheels turn on the Harbour Lights Welcome Wagon!

Bob

JoAnn
WACKO

posted 04-10-1999 06:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JoAnn   Click Here to Email JoAnn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indeed Paul, confession is good for the saint! Glad you like my verb-lighthousing.

------------------

engbrady
Saint

posted 04-10-1999 07:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for engbrady   Click Here to Email engbrady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow! I got 1st billing don't forget that Bill Younger likes lighthousing. JoAnn you probably should go in and put him first, in your glad response, since it is his company.

WackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

jakescol
Cruise Director

posted 04-11-1999 02:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jakescol   Click Here to Email jakescol     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
When I get to see a lighthouse for the first time I enjoy it so much that I forget if I'm Verbling or Nouning.
Jake

JTimothyA
Saint

posted 04-11-1999 06:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for JTimothyA   Click Here to Email JTimothyA     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
As long as you're gerunding, you're still OK.

TURBO271
WACKO

posted 04-12-1999 08:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TURBO271     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I will be lighthousing in Florida next week. A change from homebase in New England. Lighthousing- a hobby or passion of visiting,photographing,collecting & enjoying the history of lighthouses

mombo
Cruise Director

posted 04-12-1999 09:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mombo   Click Here to Email mombo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Have fun in Florida, Turbo. Like your definition!

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Collector Forums

Contents Copyright Lighthouse Keepers