I wanted to get to Shore Acres and the beautiful gardens there [not for nothing have I subscribed to 'Oregon Coast' for 19 years, now!], but just never had quite enough time to work it in. My usual coastal routine was to land in Portland, stay there for 2 or 3 days, then linger at Cannon Beach for 3 days, Depoe Bay for 2 or 3, Yachats for 3 days, sometimess Bandon for a day, and then Port Orford for 3 days, including a couple of drives on down to the California state line. Then, I would work my way back up the coast on the reverse schedule. For all the years that I went to Oregon, I couldn't tear myself away from the coast long enough to see Crater Lake. I did lavish time in the Gorge, of course. I'm heavily "into" ferns and waterfalls! Did get to Silver Falls State Park, too. But mostly, I had to stay by the sea. I lost time at Arago, too, just trying to find it the first time. I was due at my motel in Port Orford, and followed the ill-advice to take the Seven Devils road to Bandon...because it was shorter??? Maybe...but interminable and dull. I should have stayed on 101 and gotten to Bandon more quickly. At any rate, the last time I was at Bandon, I spent about 14 hours, over a day and a half, at the Coquille lighthouse, taking photos from every angle and making measurements. I haven't been able to get back to Oregon since 1998 due to family circumstances, very sad to say. Thank heavens I have a razor sharp memory and a freighter full of photographs!

Danny