I know that FLCoastie will be happy that they finally made St. Johns River (Mayport,FL), but I'm not that thrilled by it, I guess I had the same reaction when I saw it in person too. I'll buy it however because it's a HL and because it's a FL Light. Sand Key looks very interesting, while you guys are right, Anclote Key does look like Sanibel. St. Joseph is cute, West Point interesting colors. Loggerhead (Dry Tortugas) does resemble Pensacola (and Hunting,SC), but doesn't have the two story house attached to it - looks great. The rest are nice, but the one that enchants me the most is Pharos! I love that piece and am glad that I don't have to wait long to purchase that beauty. I hope it looks even nicer in person than it does on the website!

Just think, the Pharos and the Colossus were huge and had open fires to light them. I would have hated to have to light them and tend to them. I bet they had an amazingly high amount of stairs. Think of how big the lightkeepers leg muscles must have been! smile

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org