This LH has been lovingly retored inside and out. There are beautiful gardens surronding the LH. I went there last October nad this past March (the NJ Lighthouse Society had their quarterly meeting at the local firehouse). I know that I've read this somewhere on these forums, but it bears repeating- this LH and Point Fermin in LA are very similar in design, but unfortunately Point Fermin is not open to the public and it also is not as well preserved as Hereford Inlet is. You can even get into the lantern room at Hereford Inlet. They have the original Fresnel Lens on display in the original living room of the LH. Don't miss it if you get to the Wildwood/ Cape May area of NJ. In fact make a special trip to get there. The plans are not finalized as of yet, but the NJLHS in conjunction with the State of NJ are planning a Lighthouse Day in October 2000 where you will be able to enter 10 LH's (some of which are not always open) and get a special stamp and if you go to all 10 of them in the two days allotted you will get a certificate. Thers should be updated information soon on their site http://njlhs.burlco.org/ . Check it out - sounds like fun. I'm planning on being there with my Wacko pin on. hope to see many others. Dennis