I'm happy that Sea Girt is a GLOW, but then, that's obvious.

I found Bodie a dissapointing Xmas piece. I was hoping for a little lesser known light...Bodie is too major. Something like Crossover or Stratford...something not many know of. I think that the base is too small for the tower, too. Besides, it never snows that much in Nags Head anyway. :rolleyes: I think this was already one, but East Quoddy is the only major light I think should be an Xmas piece, due to its presentile design characteristics.

I can see a change in HL...it's the same thing I'm seeing in Land Rover...they are pulling away from their traditions to become more of what is wanted.

Land Rover is replacing my beloved Discovery with a new Honda Element-style box called the "LR3". In the rest of the world, it will be the Discovery 3, but here they think people find LR3 more adventuresome than Discovery. They also have added about twenty million little gimmicks that are sure to break when you go over the curb out of the dealer lot. It is such a far cry even from 1999-2004 Discovery Series IIs. But this is what people want. Not many Land Rover owners take their vehicles off-road. Therefore, they can make less worthy vehicles and let us who care buy the older Discoverys. They have broken many traditions to sell the vehicles that must be sold. People just care about the stigma attached to the Land Rover name.

HL has a similar problem. They have two problems. 1) There are fewer people who want to buy their products than before and 2) many people are getting bored of the static pieces that us who are more dedicated love. Therefore, they have to break the bonds of tradition to sell pieces. We still have LEs, but we also have LLOM accompanying them to bring in extra revenue. They reduced the edition sizes this run too, assumingly to try to boost sales by more limited production. GLOWs that GLOW are all in the same catergory. As are rereleasing Society LEs as GLOWs. I think that the new GLOWs are not as nice as the old ones, personally, but I am a traditionalist. Mr. I-Want-A-Souvenier-of-My-Visit-to-Sea-Girt wants something that will be a conversation piece on his mantle, not a dust collector.

It's sad that this happens to so many great companies. Not just the two examples I cited above. Everywhere. It dissapoints me. I would much rather drive a 1994 Discovery than a 2005 LR3 any day.