Tom: Got to leave you hanging on that one - because I honestly don't know if the small pre-order will arrive in time or not.

The printer called me from China night before last about midnight to ask about an image on page 460; it was shifted too far to the right resulting in holes being punched through the edge of the image for the O-ring binding. (It was a reproduction of a two-page spread for the Guardians of the Night.) I don't know if he was telling me it was on the press or being punched for binding at that time. The connection wasn't very good.

The printer knows a quantity are supposed to ship in time to arrive for this weekend, but talk about cutting it close...

Harbour Lights hopes collectors will order The Official Collectors Guide from their local dealers, of course.

If some do arrive in time for this weekend, it may NOT be enough to assure every attendee will be able to purchase one (Of course, I'm hoping everyone wants one.)

The supply of Bookplates are done and in my suitcase so even if you purchase later, you'll be able to have your copy 'signed' Saturday and help fund the "Bill Younger Screwpile" at Thomas Point Lighthouse.

Just a couple more teasers:

Just when did Harbour Lights come up with the idea of making an open edition of a lighthouse once the limited edition was sold out?

And just which family member was it that thought the the GLOWs should be NUMBERED, for Heaven's Sake!

(That was the source of a family argument when I interviewed Bill, Nancy, Kim and Harry all together back in June; the 'guilty party' fessed up.)