I found my Pet of Choice, quite my accident. I wanted to get a dog but, was not sure what breed to get! But, something small and loveable was at the top of my list.
So, I went to Pets Mart and browsed through their books on pet breeds. I had always wanted a Dobie but, I really didn't want a dog quite that large in size. Kinda, a lap dog! I then, came upon a Minature Pinscher, WOW! a baby Dobie, but, small I thought! :-)
Next steps, was to find a breeder and my new addition, to the family. I guess faith was with me; because, everything just seemed to come together!
I made contact with the breeder, found the dog, I was looking for. But, she was born so small, it was questionable, if she would make it! Well with a positive attitude, I went out and started buying the items needed for the new addition to the family!
The happy day arrived, and off I went to pick her up this precious little dog of less than a pound!(12oz)
For over a month, I had to hand feed her, every 4 hours, yes, day and night! I believe because of such close contact with her, sometimes; I think she thought I was her mother!
Today, Samantha is 4.5 lbs, she is 4 years and 8 months but; I think she considers herself the keeper of the 1/2 acre property. I fed her a special diet, of meat, poultry, vegetables and vitamins, because, she is so small. I just want every bite of food; to be the best she can get! Broccoli, spinach and carrots are her favorites!
Yes, Samantha makes a good watch dog! She warns me, when someone is on the property. But, she is definely a lover not a fighter kind of dog, as she cuddles up to me! Awe!

[This message has been edited by Karen Smith (edited 10-31-99).]