My best friend's name is "Digger's Red Baron", (Baron for short). He is a German Shorthaired Pointer. If you ever saw the movie "Where the Red Fern Grows", you will know my relationship with him. There is a special bond between an upland game hunter and his pointer, a bond that goes way beyond the hunting aspect. We are both retired from hunting now, I found out that I received more enjoyment from observing wildlife than hunting them, and Baron found out that he enjoyed the sofa more than the briars. He still loves his heritage though. Now instead of pointing Quail or Pheasant he enjoys pointing frogs, flies and whatever he can find in the backyard (of course there's the cat who he feels needs a good pouncing-on every once in a while). People say that I am crazy over my dog, and yes I will agree with them, I AM crazy over my best friend. BTW, he's sitting here next to me watching me type this, probably waiting for a biscuit.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39661&a=259752&p=13002271&Sequence=2[/img]
"I know there's a frog in here somewhere!"

Digger

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 10-24-99).]