I looked out the window at 0500 hours this morning, and saw the snow flurries coming down and there was a slight dusting of snow covering my deck. Not being a snow fan, I felt this was just the beginning of what winter brings us here in the northeast. In other words, "YUK!"

Then I watched Cosmo step outside on to the deck to see snow for the first time. He seem a little confused at first as he licked at the white stuff he had never seen before.

I took the broom out and swept a path across the deck and down the stairs to prevent any icy spots from forming. While I was out at the wood pile fetching some fuel for my wood stove, I noticed Cosmo's fascination with the ever-so-small little piles of snow from my sweeping. He was still sniffing, licking, and probing the snow with his paws.

Often times we take little things for granted. Cosmo is just a dog but he is still a member of our family. It made me think of those days gone by when my kids saw snow for the first time. Then there were my grandkids, all three of them.

Snow is a necessary thing up here and as much as I dislike it, it has its purpose in wonderment of memories new and old.

smile Bob smile