One of our CF members, who shall remain nameless unless she wants to reveal who she is, has sent me a couple of emails about adding a Coton to her family next Spring. I asked her for pics of the parents since the pups won't be born until January. I have to say that the parents of her new pup-to-be are two really cute Cotons.

From my limited experience with this breed of Coton de Tulears, I must say what wonderful dogs they are. I have been exposed to nine of them so far and they have all been wonderful dogs. The most important traits are being friendly, smart, extreme enjoyable to be with, great with kids, and darn right good looking.

I will say our Cosmo is getting to be quite the watch dog. His high-pitched "yap" is more of a bark already, and he warns us if anyone comes to our door or walks on to our property if the dog happens to be looking out the window. Once the people enter the house he greets them with a wagging tail. I guess he would be a watch dog yes, but a guard dog no.

No regrets here for getting an immediate replacement for our beloved Chipper. I can't wait until spring when I think we will add a little brother or sister for Cosmo.

smile Bob smile