IANA "expert" by any means, but I hope to capture this on film. Here is my plan, basic as it is.

It probably goes unsaid, but use a tripod and a long exposure. How long? I don't know. My plan is to use a bunch of film, shooting at different f-stops, hoping that some shots come out the way I'd like. I plan to use a 70-210mm zoom lens and will probably take most shots at the upper end of the zoom range. A longer lens might be nice to try, but I'd rather not fumble outdoors in the dark with lens changes. Also, longer lenses let in less light, so that means longer exposures and the problems they bring. I will probably use mostly ASA400 film, but will probably try some ASA800 and some ASA200 as well. The higher the ASA number, the more light-sesitive the film. This is an asset when shooting in low-light conditions. All else being equal, the faster the film (higher ASA rating), the more "grainy" the prints come out.

I hope this helps someone, but I look forward to tips from those who really know what they are doing.

------------------
-Art

-Art