I was just reading an article about the Flying Santa, and it gave me a harebrain idea (what's new). It is probably too late for this year, maybe not, but something to possibly consider for next Christmas....

Many collectors have become close friends on the Forums through the years, and occasionally send each other various items they are looking for, trades, etc. I thought it would be a fun idea to create an inexpensive, anonymous gift trading idea for Forum members who want to participate. This would be my initial idea of how it would work. Just curious if anyone would think this is interesting or stupid.

1) Participants send their home address (via e-mail) to one chosen person who would organize and run the scheme.

2) The person running the program then shuffles around and e-mails a different person's name and address secretly to each participant, in some random fashion. Each participant then has only one person's address. Every particpant is included only once in the program.

3)Around December 20th, everyone mail their gift to the person that was given to them.

4) Gifts must somehow be lighthouse or nautical oriented. Gifts must be between $5 and $15 in value, but not any more.

5)Gifts could be anything from postcards, ornaments, posters, calendars, photographs, screensavers, knick-knacks, stamps, snowglobes, doormats, books, etc, etc. Even funny "white elephant" type gifts accepted (lighthouse shaped bottle opener, etc). Gifts do not have to be Harbour Light items, although inexpensive HL memorabilia would be accepted.

6) After the holidays, we create a thread where anyone who wants to can tell about the gift they received.

Stupid idea? too much going on right now to deal with it? this year? next year? other ideas? just curious if this is something that sounds interesting. Everyone probably has something laying around they don't need anymore, etc. Curious of the feedback, and if we could get 10 or more people interested. If so, maybe pick a control person and deadline to send in the addresses via e-mail by. Any feedback? Get a life Rod is an acceptible answer. LOL

-Surfing Santa

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 12-07-99).]