A couple of days ago, I noticed a pair or mourning doves hopping around my next door neighbors front porch. Then yesterday, I noticed some grass and stuff under a hanging plant on my porch, right next to my front door. When I looked in the pot for a nest, I didn't see anything, so I thought someone must have just tracked it in.

Then tonight, Donna went to water the plant, and came upon this:

We were able to get within just a few feet of her and she didn't move. Then I started to carefully water the plant and she flew away. Then I checked the pot again and I saw a single egg in there.

Most websites say that mourning doves lay at least two, sometime three and take two weeks to hatch. Maybe I missed one. I hope I didn't ruin the egg when I watered the plant and I hope she's not scared away forever. Donna's worried that her plant will die if we don't water it. I told her I'd give her the $7 she paid for it.

We leave for Myrtle Beach on Saturday, so we should have little dove(s) when we return...unless the punk kids (Reese & Dewey, I call them) across the street find it. mad