During our voting here in Florida, November of this year, we the people were given a choice. We voted and the majority won. It will now be against the law to smoke in any public building, childcare/daycare building, restaurant/bar, or office. The expection will be for stand-allow bars (Bars that aren't attached to a stripmall or connected to another building). I for one am glad my voted counted and was happy to see the results. My parents smoked in the house, car, restaurants, everywhere, my whole home-life until I moved out at 18. I hated the smell of the smoke and came down with Broncitis (?sp) several times a year because of it. I have never smoked, nor will I ever. I do not allow smoking in my house or my car (much to the displeasure of my dear friend Shortcake smile ) I do not like smoking nor do I want lung cancer because of someone else's bad habits. As I see it, if your friend wants to kill themselves with cancer, or any other lung related illness, it is their right as a free American to do so. I just don't want to be any part of it and I don't think I should have to put up with it. The smell is repulsive and harm - GIVE ME CLEAN AIR!

By the way, the constant smoke and broncitis is what made me give up bartending - which I enjoyed doing.

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org